Where were you the day Superman died?

UN Spacy

Interesting. I see that it's in the Timm-verse animation style. I wonder if it'll be tied into that universe (Doomsday escapes from the Phantom Zone somehow). Though AFAIK these DC DVD movies are supposed to follow the comics more closely (Lois looks different in the trailer that she does in Adv of Superman and Justice League). Looking forward to this plus the Teen Titans one based on the Judas Contract storyarc.

I know a lot is going to be cut out but I hope they at least keep some of the Reign of Supermen storyline in there. From the trailer it seems we have Superman in the black, Last Son of Kryton. Yet there was no sign of Superboy, Steel, or Cyborg Superman. Not saying they won't be there but would feel better if there was some images of them out there.

I wonder how Matrix Supergirl will look in this, if she is even in it.

I know a lot is going to be cut out but I hope they at least keep some of the Reign of Supermen storyline in there. From the trailer it seems we have Superman in the black, Last Son of Kryton. Yet there was no sign of Superboy, Steel, or Cyborg Superman. Not saying they won't be there but would feel better if there was some images of them out there.

I wonder how Matrix Supergirl will look in this, if she is even in it.

DC no longer has the rights to the name Superboy thanks to a lawsuit by Superboy's creator's estate (one of the two co-creators of Superman I think it was Schuster but it could be Seigel I'd have to google it), so I highly doubt he would be in it. I don't know if that gun popping superman was Eradicator (the last son you mentioned) or if he was Hank Henshaw (Cyborg) I hope he wasn't Hank... but he looked identical to superman so he could be either.

Matrix supergirl was retconned out of existance in Infinite Crisis, Kara Zor-El is now the only Supergirl unless you count Kara Zor-L/Karen Powergirl. So if one shows up it'll be her.

Not really. There are conflicting statements about Matrix. Some say she was retconned out while others say she still existed. I believe DC's Editor in Chief said she was gone but the actual writer of IC and DC's top writer at the moment I believe said she was still around.

Even still with that it shouldn't have any effect on this movie since it's suppose to be based on the Death of Superman storyline that was put out at the time.

What I mean was that in the trailer you see Superman in the black suit, when he came back to life. The one with the glowing eyes seemed like he would be the Last Son of Krypton version from the story, the one that kills.

Edited by Effect

What I mean was that in the trailer you see Superman in the black suit, when he came back to life. The one with the glowing eyes seemed like he would be the Last Son of Kryton version from the story, the one that kills.

Yeah I hope so... but he dosn't look like Eradicator, no glasses and just a normal superman outfit. I agree though his powers seem like Eradicator's. But I doubt they can just leave Hank Henshaw out either, they probably didn't want to show us the Cyborg and leave it for a suprise. Though explaning his whole backstory would take a little bit of work.

I guess so. As long as Steel is in it I'll be happy since his origin is tied in directly with this story. I can see them passing up the Superboy angle but not Steel's. Especially since Timm had no problem with including Steel in the Superman and Justice League (and Unlimited) series.

Edited by Effect

I guess so. As long as Steel is in it I'll be happy since his origin is tied in directly with this story. I can see them passing up the Superboy angle but not Steel's. Especially since Timm had no problem with including Steel in the Superman and Justice League (and Unlimited) series.

I wouldn't necessarily count on anything that Timm did with STAS and JLU having any effect whatsoever on this movie, other than no yellow "S" on the cape and that's strictly for animation purposes.

From what I've heard, this will be based-on but not a direct (i.e. word-for-word) adaption of the "Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen" series. This will probably not have the JLA or too many other things (like Supergirl/Matrix).

From what I've heard, this will be based-on but not a direct (i.e. word-for-word) adaption of the "Death of Superman/Reign of the Supermen" series. This will probably not have the JLA or too many other things (like Supergirl/Matrix).

You're exactly right. The only caveat is that it's edited for time.