Zillion on DVD starting Dec. 2003

Well...

I have yet to see Zillion...need to get it one of these days. Figured I would pass this on...could be old news by now, not sure. It seems that it will be a 2 Box set of 5 DVDs, 7 eps on 4 and 3 eps on the 5th disc. Hopefully the last disc will have some nifty extras.

I would hope someone would pick up the rights to this series and release it in the US. Possibly ADV since they have a retro thing going on. Anyone ever see the whole series?

Zillion_img.gif

What? Zillion is 28 episode series? Wasn't there a 5 episode series of the same name that Streamline pictures released? I have the first 3 tapes of the Streamline series and it is pretty cool, I like some of the music. Or is this the same series and Streamline dubbed only part of it? If so I would really like to see it.

This is from Tatsunoko's webpage. Zillion was 31 eps. actually....4 discs will have 7 eps each and the last one will have only 3....total of 31.

Since its only release for Japan no chance of it being dubbed. Our only hope is either for a HK bootleg (which I dont want) or a US release from some anime company here....probably ADV. In fact, given that Macek, who ran Streamline, works for ADV its a good possibility.

31 eps. instead of five? Toys and a game licensed by SEGA? An alien with a chopped off horn? What is going on? I did not know about any of this and Zillion was one of the first series I bought when I started collecting 10 1/2 years ago (Damn, I'm old). Do the 31 eps. follow the storyline found in the comics? I'm also curious to see if "Burning Knight" will be included in the set. This is one series I would LOVE to see redistributed in the States.

DID YOU HEAR ME MACEK? BRING BACK ZILLION! YANG HAS SPOKEN!

ps Lily C.A.T. and the original Silent Mobius one-shot would be nice too hint hint ;)

31 eps. instead of five? Toys and a game licensed by SEGA? An alien with a chopped off horn? What is going on? I did not know about any of this and Zillion was one of the first series I bought when I started collecting 10 1/2 years ago (Damn, I'm old). Do the 31 eps. follow the storyline found in the comics? I'm also curious to see if "Burning Knight" will be included in the set. This is one series I would LOVE to see redistributed in the States.

DID YOU HEAR ME MACEK? BRING BACK ZILLION! YANG HAS SPOKEN!

ps Lily C.A.T. and the original Silent Mobius one-shot would be nice too hint hint  ;)

Not 1 game..... 2!!! :lol:

Zillion was split into 2 seasons (or phases) the one were the Zillion guns were generic looking (they looked like the Master System gun). The second phase had a more dramatic feel to it, and each of the 3 team members had its own custom Zillion. With the main character having a gun (I think his name was JJ), the girl having a shotgun of sorts (I think her name was Apple) and the guy who had a sniper rifle looking Zillion (don't know his name) (anyone... feel free to correct me). There was also the fat guy who was sort of the mechanic, and a flying egg shaped robot (who even had its own game "Phantasy Zone). The aliens were sort of like armored humans wearing white masks. And during the second phase some more defined Aliens started showing up.... including the afromentioned chopped horn dude who seems to be the main character nemesis. :)

I don't remember seen all 33 eps... but I remember seeing the eps where the team got the new upgrade guns (each had its own "I got a new gun!!" eps), and a big fight between the hero and his nemesis on a big ship over a city.

Edited by Abombz!!

I never knew about the custom weapons. I also never knew about Fantasy Zone being associated with the Zillion series. I know they make mention of the Zillion Weapons system being gone in the "Burning Knight" one shot, but don't explain how or why. Does the series cover this?

I never knew about the custom weapons. I also never knew about Fantasy Zone being associated with the Zillion series. I know they make mention of the Zillion Weapons system being gone in the "Burning Knight" one shot, but don't explain how or why. Does the series cover this?

Huh.... if I remember well, the Zillions were upgraded because they didn't seem to be able to affect the aliens anymore (if anyone know the race name, it would be a great help), or because they were running out of charges or something. :blink:

I don't really remember well because I saw the show a really long time ago. But I just remember the fat mechanic guy managed to make a new Zillion gun for JJ, while the other team members were out of Zillions for a few eps untill each one got a new Zillion weapon.

As for Phantasy Zone... it does feature an Opa Opa (I think thats what it was called)... so its Zillion related.

As for more details... I wish I could help, but memory fails me. It would be really nice to watch the show again, so hopefully ADV will bring the unedited version or someone will release a boot.

Streamline Pictures only released 5 episodes and an OVA/movie, but that's not the entire Zillion (ji-ri-o-n) series. That's just all they dubbed. I have a Japanese laserdisc of the first 4 episodes and the Streamline Pictures version is kind of different. It was "adapted and produced by Carl Macek" to give you an idea of how different.

Noza

J.J.

Apple

Champ

Dave

Amy

Gord

Edited by Legioss

Heh, I played all the Zillion games on the old Sega Master System first not knowing there was anime series for it. Back when anime videotapes were going for $30 a pop, I saw the Zillion tapes Streamline put out, and had to buy more when I saw the first tape. I wanted to see more of the transforming ATV that was in the intro, but that didn't happen with the few tapes that were released. Anyways, I too am really hoping this collection gets published stateside.

BTW, I know there was a Japanese version of Lazer Tag that used models of the Zillion guns, but was the anime based on the toy or vice versa? I could've sworn the anime was based on the Lazer Tag toys, but I'm not sure.