VT & VE 1/48, Captain America where are UUuuuu?

ruskiiVFaussie

Want more 2 seater conversions??  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What say yew?

• Yay!
    • Nay!

I say Captain America should continue working on the rarer mechs he has been, rather that work on a conversion kit for the 1/48. Too many Valkyries as it is.

Of course, I don't think any sort of poll is going to determine what Captain America decides to work on anyhow. If it WOULD though, I'd vote for lots of things before a 1/48 conversion kit.

I voted Yay! because it would be ultra cool, but I think John has said he will be staying away from toy mods from now on.

Also, these would be much, much more extensive than the 1D.

Much more extensive, and much more expensive - I would say double the price of the 1D conversion, which I believe was $80. So $160 for the conversion, plus another $120 for the donor valk - almost $300, and you'll more than likely need to paint it, or have someone paint it for you...

Yeah true. lol, but eventually, after 5 years, someone will want to try/have it.

I'd have to put my hand up and say i would pay more than the 1D to get a VT.

Unless someone (Yamato?) brings out a revised perfect 1/60 VF-1... could happen.

Littly Billy is dead btw, weezed & coughed his lungs up

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

lol, im bored. :lol:

What ever John makes is great. Sadly the last production of his I bought was the launch rail for the orbital booster. Missed out on the vehicle and have been too broke to get the series of 1/72 destoids but of all I have seen..... I WANT!!!!!

He is a great artist. Let free range creativity rule. Even though I would like a 1/48 VE-1. ;)

Since one or two weeks, I am thinking of making a vt and a ve conversion kit by myself.

PLEAAAASE, Mister John. Tell us that you will make them (it will prevent me to make a complete doom on one of my poor valkyries :p )

ps:

for the poll, I had a long time hesitation between Yay and Yay. finally I voted Yay.

Edited by daisuki

• 2 weeks later...

The conversion would prolly be too intensive.

For both VE-1 and VT-1:

Wings

Heads

Cockpit + Canopy

Chestplate

Then fastpacks....

Legplates

FP Front for the Elint

Completely new backunits for the Ostrich

Mounting unit + extra thruster for back-unit

A way to lock the Back Unit down, with FP's on, Using the Canon mounting position (Vertical Stabiliazers extended), all while maintaining durability and poseability.

Oh..I forgot the whole freaking Radar Suite for the Elint O_o

I guess if you kept the VT-1 Canon and unable to goto Battroid, it'd be possible to worksomething out, but if you made them transform you'll need some way to get that integral heatshield in.

The mere weight of all that resin would prolly turn your VF-1 into a floppy mess over time.

Then add to that, cost :0 the 1D alone was 80, this much more intensive mod would prolly go a lot higher, say, 200-250