Ace Combat 6:Skies of Liberation for XBOX360!

I really haven't had any problems with the AC6 online community so far. The few times some idiot started talking like an idiot, everybody present told them to shut up, and they did. The only thing I don't like are hosts who won't start the game until every slot is filled. So you sit there for five to ten minutes waiting when you could have just played with the 8 to 10 people you already had present. And 8 to 10 is much more preferable than 16, imo.

I'm still a little bummed that no one's playing siege, and the only team battle seems to be team battle 1. I'm still trying to figure out this scoring business and how to play. The most number of points I've ever had in a match was 6000. I average around 3 to 4000. There's people who consistently get 10,000+, and I can't figure out how they're doing it. I'm wondering if I'm dogfighting properly. People mention QAAM spamming, but that never gets me anywhere. I've seen people stay out of the hornet's nest and XLAA into it from a distance, but after players identify them, they don't much get away with that any more.

QAAM is boring to use online, it takes so long to reload, and IMHO is slow to begin with as a missle. I hate using it, which is why I rarely ever use it. Seems like a lot of people avoid battle royale. Don't know why.

From what I read you get more points if you are shooting down a plane more advanced than yours. For example, if you were in an F-22 and shoot down an F-16, you don't get that many points. Yet if you are in an F-16 and shoot down an F-22, you get a lot of points. What planes do you normally use?

QAAM is boring to use online, it takes so long to reload, and IMHO is slow to begin with as a missle. I hate using it, which is why I rarely ever use it. Seems like a lot of people avoid battle royale. Don't know why.

From what I read you get more points if you are shooting down a plane more advanced than yours. For example, if you were in an F-22 and shoot down an F-16, you don't get that many points. Yet if you are in an F-16 and shoot down an F-22, you get a lot of points. What planes do you normally use?

Su-33, Su47 or the F15E

BTW, there are some of you worried that you will encounter the exact same thing. That is the FIRST time that ever happened to me, and I have played a lot of matches. Most players are level headed and nowhere near as annoying and foul mouthed. In fact some of the best rarely say anything.

That's a relief, but then why bother with the 'mics and stuff at all? Before I gave up BF2 I gave up the 'mic thing because there I was, trash-talking with some idiot halfway around the globe or whatever. It'd be cool if you could tune certain people out.

Can you?

That's a relief, but then why bother with the 'mics and stuff at all? Before I gave up BF2 I gave up the 'mic thing because there I was, trash-talking with some idiot halfway around the globe or whatever. It'd be cool if you could tune certain people out.

Can you?

You can turn the mike off or mute the players. I decided to leave it on as incentive and inspiration for me to shoot them down. ^_^

I would keep hearing "oh you SOB, oh why did you hit me, oh that hurt you SOB, oh you SOB, oh you hit me, now I got you, OH damn you got me, I'm going to get you you SOb!". It was AWESOME hearing their reaction right after they trash talked me and got shot down by me before they could even complete their sentence. Serves them right.

The best players I've encountered have NEVER trash talked.

*Tip for using the Historic Windhover F-16. Since it stalls so quick when using High-G, don't use High-G as much, as its normal mobility is already increased. Keep your throttle setting high and use gravity/altitude to your advantage. High-G is best used last minute or to aid in aiming to close for the kill in that plane. Forget about using sustained High-G in that plane, because you can't. God its a beautiful plane to look at! :lol:

Oooo speaking of which, since its similar in color, hopefully we get a VF-101 Grim Reaper sharkmouth F-14D. Add RCL, and ability to volley 6 XLAAs.

Thought this would be of interest:

http://mainichi.jp/enta/mantan/news/200711...200007000c.html

Idolmaster Xenoglossia paint scheme for the flanker

20071128mog00m200004000p_size5.jpg

Wouldn't it be great if you could design your own color schemes for your planes? We'd see macross kites, M&M colors, the works!

I agree that it'd be cool to create your own paints, as I've yet to see any reason to hand over extra money for new paint jobs on a game that's already $10-$20 more than the previous seven games in the series but had the smallest selection of planes and the fewest missions (except maybe Air Combat... I'll be honest, I played one mission in Air Combat then pretty much threw the game away).

You're a little late on the Idolmaster paint, though. 11th post on this page.

And using that scheme is basically cheating. I don't know WHAT it does, but it makes the missiles trail green smoke, and they're like super-QAAMs. I died like 5 times in 10 secs. They HOME and TRACK like you wouldn't believe. In a week or so maybe the novelty of it will wear off, but for now---online sucks if people are using that.

Tally ho, chaps! Finally got the UK release of AC6 today, though I haven't had a chance to play it yet and I've also got Mass Effect to work through... :wacko:

Just a question out of sheer curiousity - on-line, has anyone tried pairing up as a lead and wingman...? I suspect the AC style of combat makes "lone wolfing" easier, and I guess there might be technical problems, but I'm just wondering if anyones given it a go...

Just a question out of sheer curiousity - on-line, has anyone tried pairing up as a lead and wingman...? I suspect the AC style of combat makes "lone wolfing" easier, and I guess there might be technical problems, but I'm just wondering if anyones given it a go...

I'll usually ask but no one ever takes me up on the offer. I think the scoring system makes "lone wolfing" more appealing, at least initially imo. Heck, sometimes I don't think anyone knows what's going on in team battle 1. I'll see the opponents' ESM field get H-U-G-E, and I'll emphasize to the other players that we need to take that plane out as we're dropping left and right, but no one ever does, and I probably get shot down more than I otherwise would focusing on and finally taking out the ESM player.

I avoid team battle 1 for that reason. People don't seem to understand that every stage is played different, not just a different ground texture. Your other team members just fly around randomly. Of course, if you're the ESM-carrier, the other team always seems to know and they ALL come after you.

Really, all I play is team 2 and 3 (3 with NPC off, so it's just "open and free" to dogfight in).

I'd play battle royale a lot more, but it's rarely going on. And if it is, it's set up for 20 min battles with 16 players and the host won't start it when only 15 are ready and waiting...

No. 13 - PEGAS, flies F-22: Mission 1; Destroy all indicated TGTs as fast as possible, within a couple minutes tops. Watch near the airfield for some F/A-18s to appear, then shoot them down. Soon after this, a flight of Rafales will appear high above the airfield, along with Pegas at about 25,000 - 30,000 feet.

Ok, what's the deal here. I do that, but I still can't find him!

You have to do it INSANELY fast. Most time-critical thing in the entire game, even more so than the speed-run achievement. CFA-44 w/ADMM, period. Never miss, never make a 180 to get a target you missed the first time. Make a circle---from the start, head right and get the B-52's and the helis. Go north and west a bit, getting the C-17's, helis, and northern B-52's. Then head west and take out all the fighters.

It took me several times. The only time he showed up is when I did it "as fast as it could possibly done, never wasting a second". Plan out your "perfect route" to get to each target as quickly as possibly.

It's easy to make the Rafales appear, much harder to get the ace.

No. 13 - PEGAS, flies F-22: Mission 1; Destroy all indicated TGTs as fast as possible, within a couple minutes tops. Watch near the airfield for some F/A-18s to appear, then shoot them down. Soon after this, a flight of Rafales will appear high above the airfield, along with Pegas at about 25,000 - 30,000 feet.

Ok, what's the deal here. I do that, but I still can't find him!

Kill most, if not all the initial red targets before the timer hits 28. The F-22 Pegas scheme is nice, reminds me of the FWS F-15 Aggressors.

I've noticed that battle royale is hosted and played mostly by japanese players. I rarely ever see an F-16C used, and usually its me using it(I usually use the F-14D most, followed by F-16C, then Typhoon and Rafale M).

Problem with Japanese battle royale, is most of the time it's set to like 20 mins, lvl 1 planes only, no (or minimal) special weapons. In otherwords, truly hard-core. 20 mins of people trying to get gun kills. That's just plain stressful, not fun, IMHO. Sure, good for proving your skill, but nothing more. I actually played one of those once. (And won!--2 kills vs 0 for everyone else)

Problem with Japanese battle royale, is most of the time it's set to like 20 mins, lvl 1 planes only, no (or minimal) special weapons. In otherwords, truly hard-core. 20 mins of people trying to get gun kills. That's just plain stressful, not fun, IMHO. Sure, good for proving your skill, but nothing more. I actually played one of those once. (And won!--2 kills vs 0 for everyone else)

That sounds like fun for me, I actually like using the Falcon and Mirage! ^_^

Unfortunately, I have never encountered that type of battle royale. Most of the ones I have been in are 10 minute, free for alls with any plane in the 1st stage.

Learned more about the Historic Wondhover Falcon. MAXIMIZE speed in that plane, always keep your speed high. If you use high g at all, it will bleed speed dramatically. Now, if you were to use high g, quickly push down on the nose to stop vertical movement, and increase the throttle output, your speed should increase again rather than quickly dwindle, after doing this(only takes a few seconds, and very quick movements), you can start turning again, continuing your tight turn. Basically that plane bleeds speed VERY FAST, and the key to keeping it stable is to constantly increase speed as soon as your high g turn is initiated, however if you continue holding high g, or turning, you bleed speed. So, turn, high g, stick to neutral, throttle up, continue turn.

http://www.mygamercard.net/leaderboard.php...p;x=13&y=12

Still #2. :) (world rank has fallen to #43) Though I just used up the last of my free Gold subscription cards, so I probably won't be going online for a while. But I notice the yearly cards are on sale (just a little). But I do need to really start saving up as much as I can to get my HDTV. Surprised I didn't drop to #10 or something---really surprised no one's passed 800 yet. Especially as I've been playing ME all week.

Since every pack has one free plane (and every future one will as well, as you need it to see the other ones that people paid for), I hope we'll eventually get 1 free scheme for each type of plane.

Do you guys yaw whenever you're in a circular dog fight? I'm thinking this is something I'm not doing and should, or should I?

Someone on gamefaqs posted this, but not surprisingly didn't post a source:

"Ace of Aces" mode is NOT unlocked with 1000GPs. Its DLC, releasing in December with 3 CO-OP levels, ten new multiplayer-only maps and 5 Campaign missions. It is very much like the Gauntlet from Ace Combat Zero, where you're Squadron goes head-to-head with various squadrons from previous games. The levels for this mode are the same as the single-player Campaign missions, except they're re-rendered to add a landing zone in the map.

I yaw all the time, but mainly when:

1. Lining up an EML shot, or a bomb drop. (mainly campaign)

2. When rolled 90 degrees, to maintain altitude. (if you ever watch a knife-edge pass at an airshow, they always use the rudders to pop the plane up at the start of the move, to actually make a shallow parabola)

3. Whenever I'm under fire, to have a more difficult to follow/predict trajectory. (Right rudder while in a descending left turn gets you a heck of a crab angle)

I actually set the controls to PS2 style, as I just couldn't "unlearn" 5 previous games of having the same controls. So I have analog rudder, digital throttle. (Hey, from talking to an F-16 pilot that's pretty much how he flies it---thottle is either idle, mil, or max burner--with occasional min burner)

2. When rolled 90 degrees, to maintain altitude. (if you ever watch a knife-edge pass at an airshow, they always use the rudders to pop the plane up at the start of the move, to actually make a shallow parabola)

3. Whenever I'm under fire, to have a more difficult to follow/predict trajectory. (Right rudder while in a descending left turn gets you a heck of a crab angle)

I actually set the controls to PS2 style, as I just couldn't "unlearn" 5 previous games of having the same controls. So I have analog rudder, digital throttle. (Hey, from talking to an F-16 pilot that's pretty much how he flies it---thottle is either idle, mil, or max burner--with occasional min burner)

I usually use rudder opposite of my roll direction when in a diving rolling scissors(and my opponent is usually just turning laterally at this point). Its helped a few times. I tend to use rudder a lot aside from that too, for landing, and especially during dogfights. I got so used to it playing the Aerowings/dancing/elite series as well as Over-G.

I now have 11 Battle Royale wins under my belt.

I always yaw when attacking ground targets with unguided payload or guns. It makes landing much easier too.

The reason I ask is because last night I was on the Aigagon mission on expert dogfighting with the Strigon forces(which are a bugger to nail with missiles) and it finally dawned on me that I could yaw while doing this. I don't know why, I just never thought of doing it outside of the above scenarios. I was wondering if this is the difference between a 6,000pts player and a 10,000pts+ player.

I need to play and experiment with this much more.

I'm a little way into the game now; delayed partly because of the later UK release and partly because Mass Effect is competing for attention.

My initial impression was that it felt a little flat. Ace Combat has never had great voice acting, but it did the job, and it worked most of the time (Ah, Chopper and Thunderhead, how we miss your little chats... :) ) but this one seems a touch worse than usual. I still like the Estobakian accents, though. I just have a thing about mock Russian accents...

The first couple of missions also feel a touch, I don't know, lifeless. Maybes its because I played the heck out of the first mission in the demo. However, Ace Combat 6 mixes it up by adding the Allied units - and suddenly, things brighten up. Thats not just you up there fighting for Gracemeria - its you and GhostEye and Dragon Breaker and Barracuda! It adds interest to what you're doing, and boy, do you feel bad when Barracuda team gets wiped out because you were too busy strafing tents all the way over the other side of the battlefield... (er, sorry, guys. Better luck next life).

It also becomes apparent that the game is more dynamic with lots of nice little touches; for once, it actually looks like all the people you're supporting are actually doing something, and with the Allied support feature, they do. And for perhaps the first time ever in an Ace Combat game, you have Wingmen who are actually useful. Not only that, but they can be shot down, too. Hopefully not by you.

Theres other nice little touches - ESM, which aids you or the enemy if you're in its radius, being able to land at newly captured bases, and upgraded SAMs. They blow up just the same as the old ones.

Theres some disappointments - the Assault records are a bit barren (strangely, your own forces can now feature here, and I'm wondering if you earn some sort of achievement if due to your tent-strafing oversights everyone else gets fragged... ), and Ace Combat games are always better with more featured aircraft, not less.

The story is growing on me, after a somewhat cringe-inducing start; its interestingly presented, and theres some nice cut-scenes - although we all know that A-10 pilot wasn't really trying, because if he was, that Fiat 500 would have been atomised... :)

But Ace Combat 6s biggest strength is this - its looks absolutely, jaw-droppingly, gorgeous. Move your HDTV up to the window and just play the opening trailer. See how many people you can make drool against the glass... :)

Edited by F-ZeroOne

But Ace Combat 6s biggest strength is this - its looks absolutely, jaw-droppingly, gorgeous. Move your HDTV up to the window and just play the opening trailer. See how many people you can make drool against the glass... :)

Sometimes I'll just let a mission replay play just for that reason.

Now onto these named aces business. I'm having trouble finding this guy:

No. 21 - FENIKS, flies Su-33: This guy will be launched off of the Aigaion after you destroy the Aigaion’s last engine. You must also have taken out the Gyges and Kotas for him to appear.

I never saw him launch off the Aigaion, and I was watching intently. I've taken all of the other craft except for the Aigaion. Where is he?

He doesn't launch off the Aigiaon, he just shows up. Near the end. Can be miles out, but by that point, he's probably the only enemy fighter.

I swear I'm going to break the damn disc. I CAN NOT find him. Playing this mission over and over to get to the same damn point and NOT see him is making me very very angry. I'm circling and circling looking in the distance, shrinking and expanding my radar, taking my sweet old time taking out the engines to make sure he's not showing up during my taking a set of them out. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Nil! Does he have fricking stealth or what the hell is going on? :angry:

Edit: I finally found that #&^##&! I made sure to take out the fueling jumbo jets in the beginning before attacking the fleet, and he showed up right when he was supposed to. I was skipping those ships because the guide made no mention of them, and because they were behind me, unarmed, and flying away from the battle, which was time I could instead devote to taking out a cruiser.

Edited by Alpha OTS

12 Battle Royale wins now. Hey in Team Battle, when your team fights to a draw(happened 3 times), do they count wins for both teams on the leaderboards, or are draws completely disregarded?

The most annoying battle royale I've had was with an F-2 player 1v1 who could only down me with the QAAM. One of my fav battle royales was last night, me in the F-15E Sp color and 2 F-22 players. I won that one, it was a fun match.

Found out the SP F-15E is based on the JASDF Blue Impulse team colors. Looks great.

Fought in a HUGE 16 player battle royale last night, man was that one crazy!

The funniest match last night was one with team battle 1 and EVERYONE using A-10s. That plane stalls quick and takes a while to recover.

Fought in a HUGE 16 player battle royale last night, man was that one crazy!

The funniest match last night was one with team battle 1 and EVERYONE using A-10s. That plane stalls quick and takes a while to recover.

The one time I hosted, I rotated through all kinds of settings. I found that a lot of people hate it when you limit the jets they can choose as they'd come in and immediately leave, or stay until I set it to level 1 or level 2 jets. Although I had a few people like me who liked rotating through different scenarios, and who I'd rather play with anyway.

The one time I set it to attackers only. I was the only sucker, ahem, player to choose the A-10. It may be armed to the teeth, but it can't dodge a damn thing. I was murdalized. Vs some other A10s would be fun, but vs Tornados and an F117? It doesn't have a chance. The A10's certainly something best left for Siege and Co-op, imo.

The one time I hosted, I rotated through all kinds of settings. I found that a lot of people hate it when you limit the jets they can choose as they'd come in and immediately leave, or stay until I set it to level 1 or level 2 jets. Although I had a few people like me who liked rotating through different scenarios, and who I'd rather play with anyway.

The one time I set it to attackers only. I was the only sucker, ahem, player to choose the A-10. It may be armed to the teeth, but it can't dodge a damn thing. I was murdalized. Vs some other A10s would be fun, but vs Tornados and an F117? It doesn't have a chance. The A10's certainly something best left for Siege and Co-op, imo.

I'm not even sure how to change the other settings man, I can only change what kind of mission it is, and how many players.

Its better leaving stuff like the F-22 and SU-47 out. Same with QAAM's if possible. Cheapest missle in the game. I've encountered many who use it just by locking onto you, flying, and rinse cycle and repeat. Getting a guns kill on a cocky F-22 player was AWESOME. That happened last night while I was using the Sp F-15E. I'd leave the CFA-44 in just to hunt it down, thats always fun, as the guys using it are trigger happy with the EML and usually can't fly worth a damn. I don't even have it unlocked yet, I'm in no rush as I don't have any temptation to use it online. I love hunting it down though.