VF-1A Kakizaki

Alain

Hi Guys,

Need your opinion on this matter. I have 3 1/48s valks, DYRL Roy, Hickaru and Max. Planning to buy another one. either a Kakizaki or VF-1J Hikaru. Is a green kakizaki worth buying to complete the skull squadron? or for diversification will ko for the TV VF-1J. considering that he ( Kakizaki ) is not a major player in the movie, saw some guys here with only 3 DYRL valks. Thanks a lot.

Edited by Alain

VF-1J - for its iconic appeal.

Kakizaki is abit of a goof, so does his Valk colour.

Yes both in the DYRL and Robotech....the thing is yamato stopped its production of the 1Js Miria and Max, so tv series isa harder to complete.

That is something that only you can decide my young apprentice.

Go where your heart leads you and you will find the true way of the Valk.

;) just goofing around.

I'd say go with the VF-1J. If you get the Kakizaki, you'll basicly get the smae Valk again just with a different color stripe.

That is something that only you can decide my young apprentice.

Go where your heart leads you and you will find the true way of the Valk.

;) just goofing around.

I'd say go with the VF-1J. If you get the Kakizaki, you'll basicly get the smae Valk again just with a different color stripe.

hehe thanks a lot....as most of the guys here, im a big fan of the original macross series. started collecting valks lately as im into diecast f1 cars.

I always have a hard time with "if you had to choose just one 1/48 VF-1" threads because I'm so torn. In your case though, I guess I'd go for the Hikaru VF-1J, that way you have at least one valk of every type available in 1/48 (A, S, J). Also, the 1J is my second favorite head design after the 1S, so that's another point in its favor. :) I guess I'd recommend the 1J for now and pick up the Kakizaki 1A later if you have some extra funds

The problem I have with Kakizaki is they screwed up his head laser. You'd have your skull squadron with white head lasers and then goofy Kakizaki off in the corner with his black one. Very odd...

This bothered me a bit too but it's not as noticeable as you'd think. Well, to me at least. I have all of my DYRL VF-1's displayed in battroid mode together and it doesn't stand out as much as I was thinking it was going to. Still, I would rather them (Yamato) have paid closer attention to the previous toys to maintain a certain level of consistency. The Max 1A was reissued around the same time as the Kakizaki was released, so they even had a very recent reminder of what color they should have used.

Haha all the VF-1a's have different head lasers >_<

Hikaru has Silver Band / White Barrel

Max has Black Band / White Barrel

Hayao has BLack Band / Black Barrel

I painted Hikaru's Band Black and stripped the barrel of Hayao's laser with some 1000 grit sandpaper and a lot of elbow grease.

Thanks for all the inputs guys!

Realy have a hard time deciding on this one. I guess its just a toss up, will probably have both in the future, although as goof as he is ( Kakizaki ) It would be much better to have all the DYRL Pilots all together.

Will go for the VF-1J for now and later the Kakizaki. In fact its on his way now to my doorsteps :D

My next problem now is what mode will I have to display them, battroids looks cool, but cant resist having a fighter and a guardian modes too.....and the macross addiction continues....... :rolleyes:

My recommendation:

Feb: Battroid

Mar: Gerwalk

Apr: Fighter

May: Fighter Super (If no Super set, buy one or repeat above cycle)

Jun: Gerwalk Super (ditto above)

Jul: Battroid Super (ditto above)

Aug: Batrroid Super with strike cannon (ditto above)

Sep: Gerwalk Super with strike cannon (ditto above)

Oct: Fighter Super with strike cannon (ditto above)

Nov: Buy armor set and wait for shipping

Dec: Put on armor and admire your valk.

The VF-1 is very robust, so make use of the transformation and enjoy for the rest of the year!!!! :D

Edited by Mowe

hmmm very interesting recommendation bro mowe.....this sure gonna cost me a lot of dough hehe. so its true what they said, it is very addictive once your hooked :rolleyes:

Fortunately or shall I say unfortunately there are a lot of toy shops here in the Philippines that are selling valks....not helping the situation B))

hmmm very interesting recommendation bro mowe.....this sure gonna cost me a lot of dough hehe. so its true what they said, it is very addictive once your hooked :rolleyes:

Fortunately or shall I say unfortunately there are a lot of toy shops here in the Philippines that are selling valks....not helping the situation B))

hey man, im going to the phil. in july. can you tell where i can find these shops and are the macross stuff expensive back there? salamat

hey man, im going to the phil. in july. can you tell where i can find these shops and are the macross stuff expensive back there? salamat

hey, looking forward to meet you here in the Philippines! the shops are located in Greenhills shopping center, lots of them. for a yamato 1:48 valk, its around 7,300 pesos ( around 153usd )

there is also this toy shop chain all over metro manila, you find almost any toy there. :D

Guys,

anybody here tried ordering their valks online, like @ amazon? the shop that is selling valks there is tisinc99. what is the condition of your valks when it arrived? planning to purchase one there, but im a little bit worried of the condition, it might be damage during shipping as Im also after a damage free box. charging me for 74usd shipping cost for 2 valks. thanks.

Edited by Alain

if i were you i would save up and go to hongkong then do a macross shopping spree. get back to the phil the same day hehehehe. its cheaper there

Guys,

anybody here tried ordering their valks online, like @ amazon? the shop that is selling valks there is tisinc99. what is the condition of your valks when it arrived? planning to purchase one there, but im a little bit worried of the condition, it might be damage during shipping as Im also after a damage free box. charging me for 74usd shipping cost for 2 valks. thanks.

if i were you i would save up and go to hongkong then do a macross shopping spree. get back to the phil the same day hehehehe. its cheaper there

hehehe great idea, I have unused roundtrip tickets here to hongkong.... :lol:

Guys,

You might want to stay away from Tisinc99. Some people have bad experiences with them. link.

HLJ is a little more trustworthy IMO.

You might want to stay away from Tisinc99. Some people have bad experiences with them. link.

HLJ is a little more trustworthy IMO.

whew! thank goodness I asked for advises before jumping into the water.....thanks a lot! ;)

btw, about HLJ, wat do you mean a little bit trustworthy? you mean not all transactions are positive?

Edited by Alain

I didn't say 'little bit trustworthy', I said 'little more'. I've never had any trouble with ordering at HLJ.

You can read all about HLJ in this thread.

Ah ok thanks, sorry for not paying attention....I guess will order from HLJ from now on. :)

Fortunately, I haven't been one of them. Ordered my 3rd CF from them and the transaction was just fine. Box came packed in lil styrofoam peas and another box and was in perfect condition when I got it.

Fortunately, I haven't been one of them. Ordered my 3rd CF from them and the transaction was just fine. Box came packed in lil styrofoam peas and another box and was in perfect condition when I got it.

That is very fortunate of you indeed. did you order directly from them o via amazon?

That is very fortunate of you indeed. did you order directly from them o via amazon?

Oh don't make it sound like he just got lucky. I've ordered about 8 1/48 valks, a couple of 1/60 valks, two 1/48 GBP armor sets, and numerous other non-Macross items from tisinc99.com and have never once had a single issue with them. I'm not saying others here haven't had their problems, but I do think its a small vocal group that tends to paint this picture that they're (tisinc99.com) some awful shop out to rip us all off, and I just don't think that's the case

Oh don't make it sound like he just got lucky. I've ordered about 8 1/48 valks, a couple of 1/60 valks, two 1/48 GBP armor sets, and numerous other non-Macross items from tisinc99.com and have never once had a single issue with them. I'm not saying others here haven't had their problems, but I do think its a small vocal group that tends to paint this picture that they're (tisinc99.com) some awful shop out to rip us all off, and I just don't think that's the case

Oh well, I think if we order online, then we have to take our chances. seems like many people here have different experiences weather from HLJ or Tisinc99.....

ive been on the makati location, kinda small though

Alian since your in the Philippines try checking this place out

http://www.greattoys.net/

since your there he might give you a deal. pinoy thing you know :D

I just have to say this...Macross and Voltes V come hand in hand for us filipinos. LOL!

Edited by Vegas Valkyrie

Alian since your in the Philippines try checking this place out

http://www.greattoys.net/

since your there he might give you a deal. pinoy thing you know :D

I just have to say this...Macross and Voltes V come hand in hand for us filipinos. LOL!

Yes, I have ordered 2 valks from them :D paid them thru paypal. my sending limit is only 100usd, despite the fact that I have enrolled in their expanded program.....wonder what is wrong with my account.