Trying to compare sizes in fighter mode

g3173

Hey Guys,

Been out of the Macross scene for awhile and I’m trying to play catch-up with my collection. Can someone post pictures of the recent releases in fighter mode and side by side? I want to see the size difference. If the 1/60 VFO's are too small I might just stick with the 1/60 YF-19.

If there are photos that show a side-by-side comparison, please direct me to the appropriate site.

Thanks in advance!

Gene

the fact they are in the same scale doesn´t mean they are the same size. yf-19 is bigger than vf-0 or vf-1.

The 1/60 YF-19 is roughly the same size as the 1/60 VF-0. That was my point. I think it is fairly clear that I know the difference between size and scale since I said the 1/48 VF-1 was the same SIZE as the 1/60 VF-0.

To quote Graham's review...

The YF-19 toy and box has the following dimensions:

*Toy Height, Battroid Mode (to top of head) approx: 26.3cm

*Toy Height, Battroid Mode (to top of head laser) approx: 30.8cm

*Fighter Length (approx): 34.4cm

and, for the VF-0A...

* Fighter Mode Length (not including Pitot Tube): 12.4" (31.5cm)

* Battroid mode height (to top of the head laser): 10.8" (27.5cm).

* GERWALK mode height: 7.8" (20cm) approx.

A whopping 3 cm difference in Fighter mode and 3 cm in Battroid. I'd say that they are "roughly" the same size, thanks.

Edited by meh_cd

Hey whay are the pilots in 1/48 the same size as the 1/60 scale?

They're not. The Isamu is apparently a tiny bit too big but there is a clear difference in the size of the 1/48 pilot and the 1/60 pilot. There was another thread on here that did much clearer comparisons of just the pilot figures.