Dancouga Nova

I suspect this one will fall flat on its face. Remakes/sequals of twenty year old super robot shows don't appear to have a very good track record. The robot looks pretty good, but the chara designs aren't doing anything for me. I'll give it a chance, but I'm keeping my expectations low (which may mean I'll be pleasantly surprised).

Never saw the original but i liked the SOC they had of it a while back. Maybe i'll try and catch the original sereis now that it's worthy enough to be remade.

As for the new series, that Rei lookalike screams unoriginality to me so i think i'm going to pass as well.

Edited by Veritas

this robot looks kinda thick when its all combined

the individual parts look ok. I'm not real crazy about

the eva-character-look-alikes Its Shinji and the gang

all over again.

Maybe it'll be good. :mellow:

I'll check it out. I've only seen about half the old series, but liked it quite a bit. I just wish it was easier to get ahold of. Someone nabbed my local Hollywood Video's tape collection before I did. They had about half of it (it's how I saw it).

While I'm also cautious about stuff like this, I'm hoping it will be enjoyable.

Maybe it'll finally inspire CPM for a rerelease at the very least.

Am I the only one that goes straight to the Mechanic links on these kind of sites?

The characters looks like rehashed versions of the EVA crew done in an updated style.

If they ever do a Macross remake, I guess the character design would be somewhat simular to these, cause this is kind of the 'trendy' style these days. Too bad...

Edited by Dante74