1/48 G-system vs 1/48 Club M

izzyfcuk

We have long been acquainted with the 1/48 Club M kit. Recently i noticed that G-system had produced the 1/48 before, of course in 1J.

Question is, how does the two kit measured up against each other?

Over the 3-4 years i've been here, i have noticed that there wasn't a single mentioned of the G-system kit before?

so what's the story?

http://www.g-system-shop.com/cp-zlk/121_1_48_VF-1S/11.htm

Edited by izzyfcuk

Isn't the G-system kit a reproduction of the Club-M kit? From all the pics I've ever seen the G-System kit has a fewer parts.

I've read posts before where builders state parts are missing when it comes to building the G-system kit, as the follow the instruction book, but the parts are casted together.

Also, isn't there something about them previously producing the landing gear in resin? I'n not mistaking this for other HK recast shops, but from what I can recall from previous threads and comments posted here.

Bring on the comparison. You've just caught my complete attention.

Actually Geert it has the options for a VF-1A or VF-1S in it. No 1/48 J exists outside the toy world. The Gsystem kit IS the club M kit. Some refinements have been made to it. Some parts were preassembled and cast and details were sharpened up.

If you use the search function you will see there are actually quite a few posts on here about the Gsys kit. I have built 2 myself.

I also have both kits :p I must say you will encounter shrinkage on both kits, even the original by Club-M but just not as bad.

The G-System kits does indeed have a few parts less. They are no missing, it is just they glued parts together and casted one piece instead of like two or three!

Purchase the original if you can as it is far better than the recast as some recast are recast of a recast and the valk will be smaller. I heard my friend's recast valk's legs being shorter by 12mm!

I have an original an it is up for sale, let me know I anyone is interested. I am asking $500 plus exact shipping cost and PayPal fees.

I also have both kits :p I must say you will encounter shrinkage on both kits, even the original by Club-M but just not as bad.

The G-System kits does indeed have a few parts less. They are no missing, it is just they glued parts together and casted one piece instead of like two or three!

Purchase the original if you can as it is far better than the recast as some recast are recast of a recast and the valk will be smaller. I heard my friend's recast valk's legs being shorter by 12mm!

I have an original an it is up for sale, let me know I anyone is interested. I am asking $500 plus exact shipping cost and PayPal fees.

thanks valk009, saw yours quite some time ago, but however the price is too much for me to afford at the moment.

Izzy,

There is also an varient without the Strike pack. This was also released by Club-M, and I think is far more rare than the UD Strike Version.

There are also larger scale valkyries produced by a company called REDs. The are a bit more rare and have far less detail than the UD Strike. IIRC, the scales offered were; 1/32, 1/24, and a whopping 1/20. Some members on these boards have these and it would be fantastic if they could share some pics. Or even offer some insight on these rare kits.

There was a standard fighter variant sold at a WF BUT the kit does come with the parts to make either the Fighter, Super or Strike Versions in either A or S configuration. If one was crafty enough with magnets and pins the kit could be made interchangeable between versions.

Izzy,

There is also an varient without the Strike pack. This was also released by Club-M, and I think is far more rare than the UD Strike Version.

There are also larger scale valkyries produced by a company called REDs. The are a bit more rare and have far less detail than the UD Strike. IIRC, the scales offered were; 1/32, 1/24, and a whopping 1/20. Some members on these boards have these and it would be fantastic if they could share some pics. Or even offer some insight on these rare kits.

NMBM

thanks for the heads up, yup knew about the WF kit without the FastPacks. i wouldn't be interested in the 1/20 though, that i remember was far less details as mentioned by HWR MKII

Gotta stick to the original that is "IF" i can get a good price.

Thanks a lot for the answers gents. appreciate the help

the HF recast IS the Gsys one.

According to HF it isn't the Gsys one. At least it doesn't come with the white metal gear and it's cheaper and in an email from HF they said it wasn't the Gsys one. It sounds like they can get the Gsys one, but you will pay more.

Steve

Thats weird steve since the last 1/48 i ordered from them was the same exact price as the first one i ordered 3 years before but came in a G system box. The first one came in a reproduction ClubM box. The only difference was some of the part breakdown, and metal landing gear on the second one. BUT both were ordered through Hobby Fan.