OT Star Wars on DVD Petition

Actually, if king george just cleaned up the classic trilogy, and remixed the sound in 5.1 (6.1 for you DTS folk out there :p ), and then released it on DVD, I would be a happy camper. But, we all know that the main man himself knows better than we do about what we like and don't like, so I guess this is a waste of time. :(

I'd definately want a version of the SE. Just w/o the stuff I don't like and the stuff I do, of course. ;) 5.1 (and/or DTS though I'm not sure if LFL does this?) and THX cert will be w/o a doubt of course... even if it just going by the official release standards of Ep 1 and Ep 2.

As far as what mean and you want... that doesn't matter at all. What George wants to put on the DVD, George is gonna have put on the DVD. And I'll bet you still buy it. ;)

I read that he was "thinking" about putting all incarnations on DVD with 8 or 9 DVDs and with (FINALLY!!!!!) the option to add and subtract scenes as we see fit. But "thinking" purely means he said something to get people off his back, we have yet to see. 2006 can't come fast enough.

As for the box set itself, I'm hoping for a stylized square box, with a flip open lid in the front of Vader's helment. Inside, have each and every spine a different light saber color using a holographic shiny effect.

Anyone remember the plastic Vader helmet carrying case for your SW action figures? I'd like something like that for the ep 1-6 boxset, albeit a bit smaller in size of course. Imagine something like that on your shelf staring at you. B)

As much as I loathe to reference that site, there's an article today on AICN that bears on this discussion. It seems that some LA film festival was unable to get the copy of ANH that they wanted and got stuck showing the Special Editions. No reason was given, other than that they weren't able to obtian the '77 print. Immediately, Harry and his synchophants launch into the usual "Lucas hates us and raped our childhood" rhetoric and vow to devote themselves forever more to LOTR. It's pretty sad, really. <_

• 1 year later...