The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Ishimaru

I was at target passing time during my lunch hour and I saw Master Replica's 1/6 scale Zelda Sword and Shield with Twilight Princess OST for 39.99.........since I haven't played the game yet I'm not really that enthused to buy this as well....

I picked up the Master Replicas set from Target tonight. $40 seems a little high, but it's a fantastic replica. The box looks nice and holds the weapons securely. The detailing and paint on the sword and shield is top-notch, and they are solid metal so they're really heavy, especially the shield. They just have a nice overall 'quality' feel to them.

Now someone needs to make a 1/6 scale Link to wield them!

The soundtrack CD is nice but only has six short tracks. I think it's only a sample disc.

I picked up the Master Replicas set from Target tonight. $40 seems a little high, but it's a fantastic replica. The box looks nice and holds the weapons securely. The detailing and paint on the sword and shield is top-notch, and they are solid metal so they're really heavy, especially the shield. They just have a nice overall 'quality' feel to them.

Now someone needs to make a 1/6 scale Link to wield them!

The soundtrack CD is nice but only has six short tracks. I think it's only a sample disc.

Is it still on sale?

hm maybe they are starting to add an overall time line.

Not unless Link was multi-generational time traveling clone or an immortal. LoZ is the standard for "drag and drop" games.

Marrying together the various games is basically time killing because when you have to 'start over' with a bare bones character every time, unless the producers absolutely state that Zelda is in the same universe, it's in a different universe.

Just play the game for what it's know for nostalgia.

Not unless Link was multi-generational time traveling clone or an immortal. LoZ is the standard for "drag and drop" games.

Marrying together the various games is basically time killing because when you have to 'start over' with a bare bones character every time, unless the producers absolutely state that Zelda is in the same universe, it's in a different universe.

Well the producers never said anything about the Zelda series except that Miyamato said that OoT was the first in 1998 until the Minish Cap was released in 2005. That explains a lot as Anouma(I think I got that spelled wrong) said that OoT had two different come offs in the two different endings. So the producers did say something relating to a time line, the series is not complete yet so it is obvious that they would not release a time line until the series is done, which would be like never... <_<

Edited by Ishimaru

There really needs to be a chart made that places the Zelda games and their timelines in order. Is there one out there, at least a partial one done by a fan?

It's getting way to confusing. Initially one can think that each game is a world unto it's self which is what I thought but then things just start getting confused. I haven't played Majora's Mask yet. I didn't even bother with it cause I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the time trying to understand it. Now Twilight seems to adding other things.

Edited by Effect

There really needs to be a chart made that places the Zelda games and their timelines in order. Is there one out there, at least a partial one done by a fan?

It's getting way to confusing. Initially one can think that each game is a world unto it's self which is what I thought but then things just start getting confused. I haven't played Majora's Mask yet. I didn't even bother with it cause I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the time trying to understand it. Now Twilight seems to adding other things.

Take a look at the video mechwarrior posted a few times over. It may be confusing at first but you will get it.

Look at part one if you have to. ;)

By any chance can someone list what the special triforce stone is used for in the sacred grove when you first enter the main area. Also where do I get the last two hidden skills? I found the one in the hidden village, but where is the other one?

to be perfectly honest, the only game where i can recall that link is actually called "LINK" by the dev team was Nes Zelda

and its not impossible for each tale to be a new person. I still stand by the idea that the games are ambiguous enough for people to sub in almost any connecting ideas they want.

I have to admit though the designers seem to be adding little snippets of story that tie the games together, the note in the retrospective about how NES Zelda is the only zelda where gannon is actually DESTROYED is an intresting thought. they claim that makes nes zelda the last in the time line.. with the exception of the two Game Boy Color Zeldas.

Ambiguous is good though, its nice to be able to imagine every once in a while. thats why i liked the thought that the games aren't specifically tied to gether in anyway. i could imagine what i wanted. I'm a little sad to see that an effort is being made by nintendo to tie the games together.

its all good though.

to be perfectly honest, the only game where i can recall that link is actually called "LINK" by the dev team was Nes Zelda

and its not impossible for each tale to be a new person. I still stand by the idea that the games are ambiguous enough for people to sub in almost any connecting ideas they want.

I have to admit though the designers seem to be adding little snippets of story that tie the games together, the note in the retrospective about how NES Zelda is the only zelda where gannon is actually DESTROYED is an intresting thought. they claim that makes nes zelda the last in the time line.. with the exception of the two Game Boy Color Zeldas.

Ambiguous is good though, its nice to be able to imagine every once in a while. thats why i liked the thought that the games aren't specifically tied to gether in anyway. i could imagine what i wanted. I'm a little sad to see that an effort is being made by nintendo to tie the games together.

its all good though.

Just got the Nintendo Power issue the other day, and I say I'm not sure Eji Anouma is doing, but I think his comment on OoT relation with TP screwed up the time line. He said "Twilight Princess takes place over a few hundred years after Ocarina of Time" that was the quote (Well maybe a few words are off). But I'm confused as in the Wind Waker issue he said the same thing, what's the deal? :blink:

It takes a good eye to see that, and I believe I did.

Maybe TP is set in a third time line? I don't think so, maybe Eji was drunk at the time of the interview with Nintendo Power. It just doesn't make sense....

I'll make a few scans later on so you guys could see for yourself.

Makes no sense what so ever that TP or WW occur close on the chronological timeline, my guess is that their is a huge mix up. The Hero of Time thingie...

Edit: Or are they hiding something?

Edited by Ishimaru

Just got the Nintendo Power issue the other day, and I say I'm not sure Eji Anouma is doing, but I think his comment on OoT relation with TP screwed up the time line. He said "Twilight Princess takes place over a few hundred years after Ocarina of Time" that was the quote (Well maybe a few words are off). But I'm confused as in the Wind Waker issue he said the same thing, what's the deal? :blink:

It takes a good eye to see that, and I believe I did.

Maybe TP is set in a third time line? I don't think so, maybe Eji was drunk at the time of the interview with Nintendo Power. It just doesn't make sense....

I'll make a few scans later on so you guys could see for yourself.

Makes no sense what so ever that TP or WW occur close on the chronological timeline, my guess is that their is a huge mix up. The Hero of Time thingie...

Edit: Or are they hiding something?

It's easier to not think they are related in any real canon way.

Does anyone here know when and where I can get teh Gamecube version of Zelda? I have the Wii version, but I still want the GameCube version as well. any help would be appreciated.-Thanks

Becoming a rarity. Nintendo really screwed the GC owners with this.

Does anyone here know when and where I can get teh Gamecube version of Zelda? I have the Wii version, but I still want the GameCube version as well. any help would be appreciated.-Thanks

December 18th.

So has anyone had a hard time getting TP for the Cube? I was all worried about limited quantities and thinking it would be hard to find. This evening I got home from work and my fiance holds up this Target bag and proceeds to pull out all these little Xmas doodads and trinkets that she bought for neices and family, thouroughly boring me. Then she reaches in and pulls out TP and I nearly crapped myself. Now to spend the rest of the evening playing it!

BTW, she said the Target she got it at had several copies, so is this thing limited or not?

So has anyone had a hard time getting TP for the Cube? I was all worried about limited quantities and thinking it would be hard to find. This evening I got home from work and my fiance holds up this Target bag and proceeds to pull out all these little Xmas doodads and trinkets that she bought for neices and family, thouroughly boring me. Then she reaches in and pulls out TP and I nearly crapped myself. Now to spend the rest of the evening playing it!

BTW, she said the Target she got it at had several copies, so is this thing limited or not?

It is...the print run is quite low...once it's gone you prob won't see any re-stock.

Is there a proof that the TP for GameCube will be releases with only limited quantities?

From business stand point, I just don't understand why they will do that. If Nintendo want to force people to buy Wii, they can just stop the production of new games for GameCube.

It's not that it's going to cost more to produce TP for Gamecube (Once you have the master CD, the rest is just copying).

I finished the game almost a week ago, I'm just collecting the remaining extras in the game (pretty much just the Poes).

Pieces of Heart were easy to find in TP. Putting two in each dungeon was a great idea, in the other games it can be bothersome if you don't have a FAQ. I got 18 and 3/5 by the last dungeon in TP without a FAQ; what a breeze.

Anyone else think they should make the bosses tougher or deal more damage? I know that I never died in a boss battle, and I think I only needed to heal once (early battle when I had few heart containers). Only time I died in the game was:

a) Drowned. Hey I thought you'd just gradually lose hearts like in OoT and MM. <_<

b) Cave of Ordeals. That last level is freakin tough. Totally forgot about my Magic Armor the first time through. Second time was much easier with the Magic Armor.

I finished it early Sunday morning with about 50hrs+ playing time, loved the various references back to OoT and the double clawshots are the best item ever.

Not sure if they make up for the many missing items like my previous fave the mirror shield or the magic spells/arrows from OoT.

The ending was good and by the end I had become really quite attached to Midna, it was cool how Zelda was almost a tertiary character in this game.

Overall though and thinking back I think I still favour OoT for it's genious use of the time travel mechanic, the entry into the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess just proves once again how well that idea worked.

Still need to get the magic armour and do the cave of ordeals, which I only found after playing again to look for heart pieces.

btw, Most of you have probaly seen it but there is a rumour or such on games sites saying that the next installment which will be on Wii only has already been in development for a year. Perhaps this is to make up for the huge anbd painful wait for TP. :lol:

Either way, I hope to see Midna again.

I finished it early Sunday morning with about 50hrs+ playing time, loved the various references back to OoT and the double clawshots are the best item ever.

Not sure if they make up for the many missing items like my previous fave the mirror shield or the magic spells/arrows from OoT.

The ending was good and by the end I had become really quite attached to Midna, it was cool how Zelda was almost a tertiary character in this game.

Overall though and thinking back I think I still favour OoT for it's genious use of the time travel mechanic, the entry into the Temple of Time in Twilight Princess just proves once again how well that idea worked.

Still need to get the magic armour and do the cave of ordeals, which I only found after playing again to look for heart pieces.

btw, Most of you have probaly seen it but there is a rumour or such on games sites saying that the next installment which will be on Wii only has already been in development for a year. Perhaps this is to make up for the huge anbd painful wait for TP. :lol:

Either way, I hope to see Midna again.

Just warning you now, the magic armor sucks in most situations... though if you have a full wallet of rupees and two hearts left fighting a boss... it's good to have around ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm currently stuck trying to find a reekfish in order to get into the snow mountains part of the world. I took a break from the game a few days ago, perhaps I should have kept playing since I can't remember where to exactly go. I'm down by the boat rental place fishing but no luck.

Edited by Effect

I'm currently stuck trying to find a reekfish in order to get into the snow mountains part of the world. I took a break from the game a few days ago, perhaps I should have kept playing since I can't remember where to exactly go. I'm down by the boat rental place fishing but no luck.

Ah. Did you the the lure from the Zora prince in Kakariko Village?

If so then you can use it the catch the reekfish near the MOTHER and DAUGHTER stones in the Zora Domain.

Catch one, get the scent, then head into Snowpeak.