Who would you go out on a date with?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you go out on a date with?

• Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon (Miyuu Sawai)
    • Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury (Chisaki Hama)
    • Rei Hino/Sailor Mars (Keiko Kitagawa)
    • Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter (Myuu Azama)
    • Minako Aino/Sailor Venus (Ayaka Komatsu)
    • Queen Beryl (Aya Sugimoto)
    • Naru Osaka (Chieko Kawabe)
    • Ikuko Tsukino (Kaori Moriwaka)
    • Hina Kusaka (Moeco Matsushita)
    • Mio Kuroki (Alisa)

• 2 weeks later...
Areaseven.  Dude... I've never read a bad review from you.  And I don't mean.. "A review you did badly"... I mean, I've never heard you not like anything!

Apparently you've missed all of the patented "Areaseven Bad Anime Reviews."

Yeah, guess I did. I shudder to think what went in THERE!! :blink:

SPOILER ALERT! Do not read unless you've reached episode 17.

I'm really confused right now. If Rei-chan is a Shinto priestess, why is her mother buried in a Catholic grave?

Nothing says her mother couldn't have been a Catholic while letting Rei choose her own beliefs.

I'm gonna watch the fandub for the pure fun of it all, I'll let ya guys know what I think, a fandubber myself.

I'm enjoying the series though to be honest, it seems to be taking a big direction away from the manga and anime which makes me feel good ^^

Areaseven.  Dude... I've never read a bad review from you.  And I don't mean.. "A review you did badly"... I mean, I've never heard you not like anything!

Apparently you've missed all of the patented "Areaseven Bad Anime Reviews."

Yeah, guess I did. I shudder to think what went in THERE!! :blink:

Oh come on....aren't you at least a little curious to see what Bobobo-bo Bobobo-bo is like? :lol:

dosnt; change the fact. lol. it;s liek callling aba ranger a jdrama. it;s not.

Well, excuse me, then. What do you want me to do about it? Before the series actually came out, it was classified by some sites as a J-Drama. So they were wrong, and I was wrong to label this series as J-Drama.

Edited by areaseven

0_o I just watched a peek of the fandub...why........deargod why......did......they.........do.........the..........theme.......song........in......ENGLISH! WHYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????

Oh yeah, I'm at 97% done, but it doesn't want to finish, the download is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow at 0-1 and I get URL errors and junk...this is like the 4th time I had to erase it and restart, it just wont download fast enough for mY DSL....

It's STILL not finished after 9 hours of waiting. I did however get to watch 3:47 and laughed more often than I did when I first saw episode 1.

But there are obvious mistakes...

1) The biggest mistake, using original TV footage not something from a DVD and ripped into the computer was poor choice. It's pretty obvious this was a RAW episode they've gotten off the net and just messed around with what they could.

2) Changing the lyrics and even dubbing the image songs...bad mistake. They should have just kept it as is, no exceptions, but nnnnooooooo someone who can't write music worth a lick, and even can't sing it had to do this...oh well.

3) The girl playing Usagi needs to work on her microphone a bit, using a muffler of some sorts, piece of tissue wrapped around it, something to cover up the "Peh" and "Sss" noises which come from either bad pronounciation, or just horrible mic's. When I first started doing fandubs (mind you I'm not that bad if you go to the Imacross 4 server and download AirShow) I had to use a muffler which was a few layrs of toilet paper around my old microphone to get out alot of bad sound. After buying a new mic, which had a muffler it wasn't so difficult to have the noises.

4) Actors just need to take it a bit more seriously. Unlike in anime, doing a dub in for live characters is very difficult. In animation, it's easy to work the script around and get just the right amount of words spoken before the mouth makes it's close. But with live characters they move their lips so fast and jabber around, pausing and such, it's difficult for a voice actor to really nail down the script. I know t here were times when I was dubbing as Hikaru, or writing the script, some parts just did not sound as well as they should of. So I would replay it again and again and again seeing what I could change. Was my voice to high? was it too low? Did I not put enough feeling into it? I like to take my acting serious since I did alot of plays during highschool...so it's important to me to make my character feel real...but you get such a small amount of time to do it....

Well that's all I'm gonna say right now since it's just started and I'm STILL downloading the damn file...

Edited by Hikuro

BTW, did anyone catch episode 17? What do you guys think of Sailor Venus' transformation sequence, other than the fact that it's different from the other Sailor Senshi?

It's like they're really playing up the princess angle (when we all know that Usagi is the one - who are they trying to fool? lol.)

Well don't forget, the series is taking a different direction of the manga and anime, so who knows what to expect, but I'm glad I'm keeping tabs on this series since I find it interesting now that Kunzite has appeared.

The dub was HORRIBLE, I've done so much better. They drown out the voices by tuning down the sound, if you pay attention you can still hear the original audio. Not too mention there are times there is NO sound but voices.

Something I hated was the echo effect. It's pretty clear they were just using Sound Record from Windows in the acessory section. I wont denie I use it, but I mess around with the audio as much as possible...it's just...scary that they did such a bad job at this. Who ever did the script needs a kick in the shin I've written better for Macross and Macross Zero, hell I STILL got the scripts and they work flawlessly...I strive for your guys approval :p even if it would be a dub.

Was able to check their site finally today, and it seems they still have a few roles to fill up, so I offered to audition for the role of Kunzite, I'm told I have a natural evil laugh 0_o no really I'm told that...I scare girls.

Edited by Hikuro

• 3 weeks later...

SPOILER ALERT!!! Do not read further unless you've reached episode 20.

So far, there's been a severe lack of action, as the storyline is focused on Usagi-chan trying to get closer to Mamoru, not knowing that he's engaged to his childhood friend Hina. Meanwhile, Minako-chan is still on the run and Rei-chan is trailing her, trying to find out what her personal agenda is. The situation is further complicated when Kunzite plays mind games on the Sailor Senshi with illusions of various Yoma from previous episodes.

And without warning, Ami-chan is attacked by Kunzite, who unleashes a dark cloud on her. What evil plan does Kunzite have on his sleeve?

Edited by areaseven

Well, this is interesting, found this little quip about there being a NEW Sailor showing up in the live-action in a original story-arc beginning in April. Bandai is releasing a doll of her at the end of April.

Live Action Sailormoon to Introduce New Sailor

Japanese retail store Happy Market has reported that the live action Pretty Guardian Sailormoon television series will begin a new, original storyline in April that will introduce a new sailor senshi. Bandai will release a doll figure of the new sailor at the end of April. Happy Market hosts a silhouette of the new sailor soldier.

Source: Natsume Goushin Ryu Dojo

[posted: Wed 03.03

Unfortunately looking at the silhouette it looks like another kid. Replacing the "gap" left by not having Chibi-usa <_<

Either that or it is Chibi-usa. It says new sailor soldier, could just mean new to the show, not necessarily a new one completely.

post-26-1078441788.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Well wouldn't that be interesting to see another sailor scout entering the scene, I would think by April they would finish with this story arc, I just can't see them really going much further than that...but heh I sorta feel this Princess storyline is just going on way to far, I wanna see damn Mamaru turn to the darkside and fight against the sailor senshi's like in the series first season!!!

• 2 weeks later...

SPOILER ALERT!!! Do not read further unless you've reached episode 21.

Usagi-chan is more than depressed once she finds out that Mamoru is engaged to Hina. Mako-chan finds out that Mamoru is Tuxedo Mask and punches him, telling him to stay away from Sailor Moon. Later on, she goes to Ami-chan's apartment after realizing that she skipped school. She sees that Ami-chan is not feeling well, so she cooks her a meal and brings her to an amusement park.

While riding a merry-go-round, Ami-chan passes out. Mako-chan and Motoki bring her to the hospital. A few hours later, Ami-chan disappears, leaving a trail of black rose petals. Mako-chan follows the trail until it stops at a park. She uses her ability to communicate with the trees to find Ami-chan's location. At an abandoned art studio, Mako-chan sees Kunzite with Ami-chan. She transforms into Sailor Jupiter and does battle with Kunzite. She tells Ami-chan to run away. But instead of doing so, Ami-chan walks towards Kunzite. Sailor Moon and Sailor Mars appear on the scene as Ami-chan does an evil smile on them.

Sailor Jupiter: "What have you done to Ami-chan?!"

Kunzite: "Show them."

Ami: "DARK POWER! MAKE-UP!"

Ami-chan transforms into a dark, evil version of Sailor Mercury.

Edited by areaseven

Ami chan is really cute when evil I think ^_^....though I dont' really like her outfit, just looks like they hotglued a few things to her original outfit....she should be like all black or somethin like that.

But saturday's episode was sweet ^_^ I thougth Rei-chan has a very cute singing voice and I wish I couldah heard more!

SPOILER ALERT!!! Do not read further unless you've reached episode 24.

After suffering a humiliating defeat at the hands of Sailor Mars, Nephrite is confronted by evil Sailor Mercury, who just smirks at him. Enraged, he attempts to kill her, only to be further humiliated by Kunzite.

Meanwhile, Usagi-chan is waiting at a crosswalk when she notices Mamoru right near her. Not knowing that the light is still red, Usagi-chan crosses the street. Mamoru runs at her and pushes her away from oncoming traffic.

"You idiot! What were you thinking?!" yelled Mamoru.

Later on, Mamoru and Hina are packing up for their upcoming transfer to England. He tells her that he's going out to pick up something. At a science building, he's lured by Zoicite's piano music. Zoicite tries to tell Mamoru to remember his past as Endymion. Mamoru refuses, telling Zoicite that he has only one life. He goes outside and talks to Hina on his cell phone. The conversation is cut short when he's attacked by Kunzite.

Hina rushes to Crown Karaoke and asks Motoki where Mamoru is. Usagi-chan and Mako-chan happen to leave the building when they see Hina. Upon hearing that the last thing Mamoru mentioned was Kunzite, Usagi-chan and Mako-chan rush to the science building.

Tuxedo Kamen is having his @$$ handed to him by Kunzite. Zoicite tries to interfere, but gets zapped for his troubles. Sailor Moon arrives to save Tuxedo Kamen and defeat Kunzite, but uses up all of her power in the process. Sailor Jupiter and Sailor Mars defeat the Yoma of the week.

Sailor Moon is still worried about Mamoru, so she asks Tuxedo Kamen if he's seen him. He says no. Using the last few ounces of her strength, she struggles to walk around the building, looking for Mamoru. Tuxedo Kamen follows her, trying to tell her it's no use. Completely exhausted, Sailor Moon collapses.

"You idiot! What are you trying to do?!" yelled Tuxedo Kamen.

At that point, Usagi-chan realizes something she didn't know all the time. She removes Tuxedo Kamen's mask to reveal his true identity...

Next Week on Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon

The death of Tuxedo Kamen?

Edited by areaseven

SPOILER ALERT!!! Do not read further unless you've reached episode 25.

As Mamoru reveals his true identity to Usagi-chan, his relationship with Hina goes downhill when she finds Usagi-chan's handkerchief in his room. Meanwhile, Kunzite and Jadeite instigate a Yoma attack to lure the Sailor Senshi. Sailor Moon arrives on the scene only to be confronted once again by Kunzite. Right when Kunzite is close to slicing her in half, he's blocked by Sailor Venus, who then commands Sailor Moon to run and save the people while she - along with Sailor Mars and Sailor Jupiter - fight Jadeite, Kunzite and the Yoma. Then, without warning, the doors in the room slam shut. Sailor Venus realizes that Sailor Moon is the one they're targeting. But before they can do anything, the Sailor Senshi are frozen by the Yoma. As Kunzite is about to finish off Sailor Moon, evil Sailor Mercury arrives and tells him she's her prey. He tells her to back off; she defies him, threatening to kill him. Kunzite then proceeds to slash Sailor Moon when Tuxedo Kamen runs in to take the damage. Once again, Sailor Moon's powers awaken to their full potential, only that she's finally revealed herself to be Princess Serenity and that she's held the Mystical Silver Crystal all along. The Sailor Senshi are thawed out, the Yoma is obliterated, and Jadeite, Kunzite and evil Sailor Mercury retreat. Sailor Venus resumes her position as the leader of the Sailor Senshi.

So what's going to happen on the next episode? All I know is that it's not going to be a pretty sight.

Edited by areaseven

Well, my modem will be busy for a few days catching up on these downloads now. Sounds interesting.

From Otaku-Universe.com:

New Senshi Revealed

The new senshi is now confirmed to be "Sailor Luna." Sailor Luna will be played by Koike Rina (see March 8, 2004).

Rina will be making her first appearance on the show on April 3, 2004 in Act 26.

The picture to the left was posted on several Japanese BBS. It is from Yomiuri Evening Paper. The text bubble says:

"4月から 新キャラクター セーラールナ (小池里奈) が登場 "

("In April, a New Character, Sailor Luna (Koike Rina), Appears").

post-26-1080937192_thumb.jpg