Who would you go out on a date with?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you go out on a date with?

• Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon (Miyuu Sawai)
    • Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury (Chisaki Hama)
    • Rei Hino/Sailor Mars (Keiko Kitagawa)
    • Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter (Myuu Azama)
    • Minako Aino/Sailor Venus (Ayaka Komatsu)
    • Queen Beryl (Aya Sugimoto)
    • Naru Osaka (Chieko Kawabe)
    • Ikuko Tsukino (Kaori Moriwaka)
    • Hina Kusaka (Moeco Matsushita)
    • Mio Kuroki (Alisa)

I think the series is just good fun. Yeah, it's pretty cheesy, but it's entertaining to watch. I will probably follow it as long as they sub it.

I do tire of the sub jokes though. The series is funny enough to laugh at it for itself without having to see someones else's concept of funny.

The 29 Groups (or was it 36) fansub of episode 3 is now available. But despite having more serious subtitles, beware of the following:

- The filename is titled "Pretty_Guardian_S&M_03[3623CB69].avi"

- The group decided to slip in a faux Sony commercial during the break.

SONY. Because Caucasians Are Just Too Damn Tall.

The 29 Groups (or was it 36) fansub of episode 3 is now available. But despite having more serious subtitles, beware of the following:

- The filename is titled "Pretty_Guardian_S&M_03[3623CB69].avi"

- The group decided to slip in a faux Sony commercial during the break.

SONY. Because Caucasians Are Just Too Damn Tall.

i foudn 4 raw btu no 3!! cna you please put up link?

I knew I was right when we're getting an episode or 2 late each week, that's fine though, as long as we're able to watch it who cares. But I do have this feeling it's going to end rather quickly, seems like they'll get all 5 senshi's and than a few episodes of Tuxedo Kamen trying to find the crystals, turns baddy, and well you know what I mean, I think it's going way to fast for it's own good, sad thing about live action shows I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching episode 4. I got the TV-Nihon version, as the "29 Groups" are probably thinking of another gag to pull on their fansub. Yes, Usagi's singing can get pretty annoying (at least it's not Reba West annoying). The whole trouble with transforming in a costume is also hilarious.

• 3 weeks later...

So far, eight episodes have been fansubbed by TV-Nihon while the "29 Groups" have apparently stopped production after episode 3 (probably due to fan protest). The storyline and characters are developing pretty well, especially when Rei-chan and Mako-chan start disagreeing with each other. The episode where Usagi-chan, Rei-chan and Mako-chan go out with Mamoru and his buddies is hilarious.

Going to the polls, Rei-chan (Keiko Kitagawa) is on the lead with Ami-chan (Chisaki Hama) at second. Minako-chan (Ayaka Komatsu) is not too far behind, even though we have yet to actually see her in action other than the first episode. Usagi-chan hasn't advanced since the beginning of this thread. And has anyone seen Queen Beryl (Aya Sugimoto) out of her costume? Damn, she's hot!

Edited by areaseven

So far, eight episodes have been fansubbed by TV-Nihon while the "29 Groups" have apparently stopped production after episode 3 (probably due to fan protest). The storyline and characters are developing pretty well, especially when Rei-chan and Mako-chan start disagreeing with each other. The episode where Usagi-chan, Rei-chan and Mako-chan go out with Mamoru and his buddies is hilarious.

Going to the polls, Rei-chan (Keiko Kitagawa) has a one-point lead over Ami-chan (Chisaki Hama). Minako-chan (Ayaka Komatsu) is not too far behind, even though we have yet to actually see her in action other than the first episode. And has anyone seen Queen Beryl (Aya Sugimoto) out of her costume? Damn, she's hot!

Man, she looks hot in a Stifler's Mom sorta way......

I take that back.

She's Hotter than Stiffler's Mom!!

I just saw episode 4 the other day, almost done with episode 5, man I really need dsl...

I thought Ami dressing up as a french Neko maid was cute ^^ espically holding the lil Luna plushie. Usagi...I don't know what in the hell made her dress up as a freaking bear 0_o...I mean here she goes clicking away at dresses and she's a freakin bear man...a bear...

Tuxedo Mask had a better appearance too, but his fight with Nephrite was so hoaxy I laughed, honestly it didn't look that good, it was like they were going slow motion though the fight was slow motion...if you know what I mean.

But atleast Tuxedo Mask had a larger role in this episode than all the others which were 30 seconds, his was a good 3 minutes or so this time.

But it looks like this show is easily longer than the regular 13 episode run, we could see 20 or so which would be nice.

While I've had friends poke fun at this so far, I've actually come to like this variation of Sailor Moon, though a bit cheesey at times, it's still like being a little kid watching the cartoon.

Oh yeah, I saw Sailor Moon season 1 box set for 94 bucks at Bestbuys today, almost bought it...ALMOST -_-....

• 2 weeks later...

I sadly can't watch any of them unless I keep my 56K account around : / and it would be reliable. For some reason BitTorrent gives me this "Problem connecting to Tracker - (10060. 'Operation Timed Out')

and I thought now having DSL would be a good thing?

• 4 weeks later...

Time to bring everyone updated on the series.

SPOILER ALERT! Do not read any further unless you've reached episode 13.

Episode 12

Shortly after the Sailor Senshi's run-in with Zoicite, Usagi-chan realizes that she forgot her autograph book at the hospital where Minako-chan is staying. So she goes back to the hospital and sees Minako-chan running away from her manager - not realizing that he's been possessed by a Yoma. Usagi-chan helps Minako-chan exit the hospital and head towards a nearby shopping complex. Minako-chan still doesn't believe that Usagi-chan is Sailor Moon, given her attitude.

Later that night, the Sailor Senshi (without Sailor Jupiter for unknown reasons) are having a hard time battling the Yoma that possessed Minako-chan's manager. And that's when Sailor V shows up. She then removes her mask to reveal her true form - Sailor Venus. Aside from that, we finally see Artemis. If you think a computer-generated Luna looks bad, Artemis is much worse. Sailor Moon then defeats the Yoma, and Nephrite retreats. Zoicite suddenly appears in an attempt to kill Sailor Venus, but Tuxedo Kamen stands in the way. Venus then zaps Zoicite. Before he disappears, Zoicite says something towards Tuxedo Kamen:

"Master...Endymion..."

With that, Zoicite returns to the Dark Kingdom and is reduced to a rock.

Episode 13

The Sailor Senshi have finally met Sailor Venus. However, due to different agendas, they have been told not to bother with protecting Venus. Before exiting the Crown Karaoke bar, Usagi-chan notices that the front desk is a mess. Motoki is panicking over the disappearance of his turtle. Usagi-chan, Motoki and Mamoru search for the turtle and find it at a house inhabited by a man named Shin. After Motoki leaves with his turtle, Shin asks Usagi-chan and Mamoru to stay for some tea. He tells them he's lost his memory and the only things he can remember are stuff he likes: white flowers, greenery and the beach. Usagi-chan tries to collect things related to what Shin likes. This is where the relationship between Usagi-chan and Mamoru starts to develop.

That night, a female student encounters a dark figure that pulls out a small lock of hair and wraps it on her neck. The hair disappears inside her throat and her eyes change color.

The next day, Mamoru brings some stuff for Shin. Then, all of a sudden, a huge gust of wind fills the room. Meanwhile, at a small concert hall, the female student grows claws from her fingernails and starts rampaging the facility. Sailor Moon realizes that she's not possessed by a Yoma; instead, she's turning into one. The girl turns into a wolf-like Yoma and starts attacking Sailor Moon. She uses her wand to cast a Moon Healing Escalation, reversing the effects on the girl.

Out of nowhere, Shin appears and reveals himself as Kunzite, a member of the Dark Kingdom. He attacks her with his sword and wraps a lock of hair around her neck before Tuxedo Kamen has a chance to stop him. Afterwards, Kunzite disappears. Usagi-chan has been possessed.

Well, it looks like it's up to Sailor Mercury to save Sailor Moon's life on the next episode.

Edited by areaseven

• 2 weeks later...

It has got to be a joke.

lmao! That's really really funny, "Please date me" it almost sounds. It looks like TV Nihon is falling behind in their fansub releases of the series, I think the show is up to 16 and they just popped up 14 on Saturday...HURRY UP!!!! I wanna see Kunzite kick some sailor booty!

I doubt this would see a Region1 release.

awww, why the heck not?

They got that Power Ranger thingy on tv forever now.

Gotta have a balance. ^_^

True, but they used americanized casts for those shows. They could try dubbing the japanese cast, but that may end up frightening.

Edited by Anubis

A few days ago, I reported that both Miyuu-chan and Keiko-chan were spotted on Friendster.com. Guess what? They both added me to their friends list. According to Keiko-chan's profile, she is currently dating Johji Shibue (Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Kamen).

I've sent them both a hello message. Let's see what'll happen next.

A few days ago, I reported that both Miyuu-chan and Keiko-chan were spotted on Friendster.com. Guess what? They both added me to their friends list. According to Keiko-chan's profile, she is currently dating Johji Shibue (Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Kamen).

I've sent them both a hello message. Let's see what'll happen next.

please keep us updated..

I stilll think it is a joke though... :D

However, I want to be friends with Keiko-chan :lol:

Areaseven. Dude... I've never read a bad review from you. And I don't mean.. "A review you did badly"... I mean, I've never heard you not like anything!

And when something as insulting as Sailor Moon comes around and you praise it like Allah... then, I wonder...

(By the way, I'm weak when it comes to pretty girls, too, so if you are biased because of that, then I may forgive you... But even so, they ARE Sailor Moon girls... That's BARELY an excuse...)

she speaks Japanese or simple English?

Simple English. But I'm seriously getting doubts about the validity of her account. She only has 8 friends on her list (including Keiko-chan, myself and someone named "Rei"; the other friends appear to be Filipinos). Her personal info is incomplete (fans know she's from Kanagawa and her interests are basketball and reading).

Keiko-chan's account is more complete, but she has the exact same friends on her list. And there's someone else on the site using Myuu-chan's (Makoto/Sailor Jupiter) picture on her account.