VF-5000 customized art

grebo guru

Here's the VF-5000, the so-called "Star Mirage". It's mostly the B-model, but I added a couple of little tiny details from the G-model. I also experimented with a few different coloring tricks, and added on the gun normally wielded by the VF-1SR series. I have yet to fully "extract" the 1R's gunpod, so it still using the coloring from the original picture -- which ends up texture-clashing with the rest of image. Le sigh. Well, it's all an experiment.

I have some head modifications planned as well, of course.

Grebo!

post-4460-1163918051_thumb.jpg

http://macross.anime.net/mecha/united_nati...5000/index.html

The VF-5000's designation was inspired by the Dassault Mirage 2000. Studio HalfEye has called its model the "VF-5000 Star Mirage," although Shoji Kawamori has indicated that it is currently only a nickname.

so called star mirage? why is it so called when it's listed by that name in the design works?

Okay, I decided to revisit the VF-5000. I wanted to get a better gunpod going, and I also wanted to get the A-D-J-S heads nailed down. So, attached are the VF-5000A, D, J, and S, all toting a more suitable gunpod. (Many will recognize it as an early design for the VF-1's gunpod.)

Enjoy!

Grebo

post-4460-1164534041_thumb.jpg

post-4460-1164534055_thumb.jpg

post-4460-1164534069_thumb.jpg

post-4460-1164534087_thumb.jpg

Hard to say if it is or isn't. I have never seen lineart of the 5000B with a gunpod.

Well, in the Kawamori Macross design works book, that thing is identified as a "Shock Gunpod", and it's used by the spacewhale-hunters. I doubt it's the standard gunpod.

And besides, it's just an uglied-up GU-11. :p

Glad everyone's liking the images, though!