Andromeda

briscojr84

If you're talking about the GR Andromeda, I know from my brief time as a fan during season one-two-ish there were a set of fantastic tiff files for the ship. They contained awesome five-views of the Andromeda in really high resolution.

Sadly the show crashed early season two, so I jumped ship and ended up deleting all my Andromeda fan stuff from my hard drive.

But they should still be online somewhere.

If you're talking about the GR Andromeda, I know from my brief time as a fan during season one-two-ish there were a set of fantastic tiff files for the ship. They contained awesome five-views of the Andromeda in really high resolution.

Sadly the show crashed early season two, so I jumped ship and ended up deleting all my Andromeda fan stuff from my hard drive.

But they should still be online somewhere.

Thanks Mr. March, I'll have to do a search for tiff files then.

The really major thing I was looking for was pics of the Collapsing energy lance or whatever it was called.

The really major thing I was looking for was pics of the Collapsing energy lance or whatever it was called.

It's called a force lance IPB Image

If you're looking for hand-held weapons, Tyr had a multi-tube-shaped assault rifle that looked kinda funny/cheesy.

I was a big Andromeda fan and she's in my top 2 favorite starships. I love the design (she looks great w/ the battle blades extended) but I didn't care much for the slip fighters. The Nietzscheans capital ships were neat too. (OK, OK ...and I like Rommie :D)

Here're the thumbs to those TIFF files:

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

You can get the full size shots at the main Andromeda site.

Mr.March is correct. The first 2-3 seasons of Andromeda were really good, then it tanked quickly when they changed the writers. It got even worse when the networks starting moving the show's timeslot without informing anyone.

Anyway, good luck w/ whatever you're doing and post the results!

ps - Don't forget the nova bombs and the point singularity projector!!! :D They are two of coolest weapons ever devised!

Those are exactly the five views I was talking about. Good work grapetang!

I jumped ship in season two. I thought it was early in season two, but going back to the wiki and looking at when I finished, it was more like the end of season two. Regardless, Robert Hewitt Wolfe was fired roughly halfway through season two and his influence was deteriorating well into the early episodes of the second season. After that, Andromeda shifted dramatically from a Hard Sci-Fi series with story arcs into an episodic sci-fi fantasy format, totally Sorbo-centred with sex-sells characters that looked like they belonged in a teen drama. Reading the wiki summaries of the seasons is painful post-season two. I heard the last season was bad, but I had no idea how bad until just now :blink:

The technology was initially amazing for the Andromeda universe. Very few energy weapons and magical technologies. It was basically current tech suped up to an insane level. You had missiles, but they were going .75 c, so a one kilogram mass at that speed would impact with 20 megatons! And communications/radar was all lightspeed limited, so you had time delays and real-time limitations. It was so refreshing. :)

So sad that the show was destroyed :(

Thanks for the images grapetang.

I'm going to be using the designs for a D20 future campaign, oh yeah does anybody remember if the Force Does anything more than these things -

Shooting of course

Electrical Discharge

Flashlight

Telescoping

Overload.

Yeah the first couple of seasons were good, and it did kinda go down hill, but I'm rather dogged when I start watching a show.

And I about dropped my food on the floor the first time someone used the words light-second.

Yeah I liked the First season alot and I think most of the second season...can't recall how far into it though. A real pitty, the show had so much promise. The first big disappoint I had with the show was when they changed the theme music for season 2. The first seasons theme was awesome!

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Hi guys, glad I could help. I remember downloading those ship views years ago. :) and yes, it's really sad how the show deteriorated. I stuck through to the early part of season 5 and that last season was really, REALLY bad... I never saw the rest of the show after that.

Re: force lance: was it ever a flashlight? I always thought they held a flashlight w/ the other hand when they were exploring in the dark. On the other hand, this site seems to say that it can be used as a light source (as well as a cutting tool, plasma gun, & offensive/defensive drone launcher).

Re: music: Go Alex Lifeson! :)

I recall it being used as both a cutting tool and as a defensive mortar. Stick it in the ground and set it to auto intercept. It will intercept incoming mortar shells and munitions.

The music was fantastic. Alex Lifeson's work was great on that show. Very inspiring work.

I can only found the Balance of Judgement on the web, there supposed to be lots of ships design from Andromeda TV series, too bad not many of them are available on the web.

My list of ships in Andromeda:

- High Guard ships (including the Andromeda and the Balance of Judgement)

- High Guard drones and slip fighter

- Nietchean cruisers and Garuda class fighter

- Genites Seraphim class carrier

- Ne Holland ships.

- New Commowealth ships

- Magog swarm ship and World ship

- Other faction, like the Eureka Maru.

post-653-1164005244_thumb.jpg

Ok, I got several of the ship images. I found them from sci-fi mesh forum. One of the CG artist for the show show his ship model. Credit should go to Tom Tennisco.

This is the original thread (need to be a member to view the atachment): http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/introdu...-my-throat.html

post-653-1164014780_thumb.jpg

post-653-1164014816_thumb.jpg

post-653-1164014843_thumb.jpg

post-653-1164014858_thumb.jpg

post-653-1164014875_thumb.jpg

post-653-1164014890_thumb.jpg

post-653-1164014904_thumb.jpg