Photos of Destroid Monster models?

tetsujin

Hi,

One of these days I want to get around to building my Imai Destroid Monsters. I plan on giving them the works... but for now, I got nothing but ideas, and the kits at home. I was really hoping to find some photos online of the completed kit (well, actually of any destroid monster model, not just the Imai kit) but I haven't seen any. I used to refer to the built monster that was up for sale here on Macrossworld, but that's long gone now. The only one I've seen lately is the resin Yellow Sub version done by Fernando Faria. Great stuff, but not exactly what I'm looking for.

Any other well-done Monsters in online model galleries or whatnot?

(EDIT): My mistake, Fernando says his was the Arii version. Oops.

Edited by tetsujin

Ive always wondered how big they would be those model kits, not the resin ones.?

Is that the 1/200 scale?

I wanted to get one of those kits, cuz thought it would be affordable, but its ridiculous prices for something thats kinda small yeh?

should show some pix?

:)

The only one I've seen lately is the resin Yellow Sub version done by Fernando Faria.  Great stuff, but not exactly what I'm looking for.

I belive His monters; if it is the same shown at AMA, was the Imai 1/160 plastic version heavily customized (IMO best one done to this day). The next one on the line was the resin Yellow Submarine at 1/144 and didn't come up until after he's finished his. Also the resin one has a different built (which I also have to start building some time soon )than the plastic one.

Edited by 007-vf1

The 1/72 Resin, to me never came close to getting the proportions or detail right. Just big.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...estroid+monster

I made mine as close to the line art in Perfect Memory as I could in 1/100. IMHO it's by far the most accurate proportionally. Aso a resin kit.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/zaku2ace/...rc=ph%26.view=t

Yellow Subs is nice, but it is already very modified from the original Monster design. A resin kit.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models.../ys_monster.jpg

The AMA customized Monster is the Arii in 1/160. I always felt it was nicely done, just too over modified.

http://www.geocities.com/amaclub/emgallery.html

The 1/160 Monster by Arii is the biggest injection kit, but not very accurate.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...i/ar310-18b.jpg

The smaller 1/200 Imai is a little more accurate proportionaly, but needs more detail.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...1224-8h-ins.jpg

I recomend using the line art in Perfect Memory to help you with the details. All of the models above have their pluses and minuses.

Edited by Gundamhead

Thanks,

Yeah, I remember seeing your monster and the resin 1:72. (I'm mainly interested in seeing nice build-ups, well-done paint jobs, etc. Fernando's Monster on AMA is still the best I've seen in that department.)

I have seen the Imai instruction scans as well, of course, since I have that kit.

Don't you think the linearts are fairly self-contradictory, though? The Perfect memory book shows the Monster at 3 or 4 different angles and in each one the shapes and proportions are different. Still, it's a good reference. I've already started planning my alterations to the Imai kit - it's largely my desire to see that project finished that's got me all interested in finding pictures of other people's Monsters.

It's still surprising to me that there are so few built Monsters on the web. I think the one that was being sold here is still the only built Imai I've seen.

One of these days I will get around to re-building my Imai Destroid Monster. I originally built it about 15 years ago and earlier this year broke it all apart again to use as reference when I built my CG Monster. The parts are now languishing in my workshop until I find the time to put it all back together and repaint it. Originally I built it without any modifications but this time round I think I will make a few changes, for one thing it could use ball and socket joints at hip and ankles for more flexibility in posing it.

:D

Hello .

Just to confirm , that's my  monster kit at AMA . And it is the Arri  1/160 plastic model ...

It took me three months to complete , and lots of wave detail parts .

I Would like to see more completed monsters in the forum .

YES!!! I knew it..

GOD have spoken !!!(al fin, hay un dios para todo y ha dado la ultima palabra)

Hello fernando Is a pleasure to have you here...

tutto bene? Come tutto esta andando ultimamente?

Thank you for stopping by. By the way; your models are quite amazing...

I hope you visit us more often....

edit: ( I am peeing in my pants!!!! still can't believe it, he's stopped by) :blink:

Vitja

Edited by 007-vf1

Just to confirm , that's my monster kit at AMA . And it is the Arri 1/160 plastic model ...

Really... well, damn, shows what I know. :) Very nice work.

Probably the paintjob is what I'm most interested in at this point, I've never painted anything AFV style before, but that's sort of the look I think I'd like to shoot for. I don't know enough about how AFV are typically painted to know if your Monster fits that sort of style or not.

Of course, your monster definitely sold me on some of the design decisions made for the Arii kit... assuming neither your Arii monster nor the one in this thread included any revolutionary proportional changes, then that kit is a lot better than I gave it credit for - maybe better than the Imai. In particular, I like the way the sloped surface of the upper-rear part of the body is handled. The Arii kit sort of has an awkward curve from the vertical sides on the front end to the angled sides on the back end. The Imai draws a line, and everything on one side of the line is vertical, everything on the other side of the line is angled. I think it looks better that way.

It's still my hope to make a full Daedalus Attack group, so if things work out you'll see at least three more Monsters. :)

[Of course, your monster definitely sold me on some of the design decisions made for the Arii kit... assuming neither your Arii monster nor the one in this thread included any revolutionary proportional changes, then that kit is a lot better than I gave it credit for - maybe better than the Imai.

Nope, no mods on my monster except for the decals. I was just glad to get the kit done.

• 9 months later...

love the build at the ama site fernando. ive just picked up an arii monster myself. any suggestions on details? also excellent job on the paintwork it really looks like a battle hardend armored vehicle. what scale is the oshkosh cargo truck in front of it? since the macross series happens in this decade i might make a few abrams tanks or something similar in scale with it just to get a feeling of how large the monster actually is. keep up the wonderful work

sean :D

post-3-1092428807.jpg