My 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru's white plastic is different than my VF-1S Ro

MasterOfPuppets

Forgive me if this has been explained before but is it just mine or are others Hikaru 1Js different plastic colour as well? The picture attachment shows the difference in colour.

If it's not normal then I don't think it could've been caused by sunlight or anything since it's the whole thing not just parts of it (except the heat shield because that's painted).

post-4209-1158287895_thumb.jpg

Roy's 1S is a DYRL design, and much whiter like in the movie, whereas Hikaru's VF-1J is a TV Valk, and is the closer to the color used in teh TV animation. I have the same valks actually.

I knew about Roy's 1S being from DYRL? and Hikaru's 1J being from the TV series. But I guess I never noticed the difference in colour when I watched the series and the movie. The white on my Max 1J is closer to the colour of the Roy 1S, I take it that it's like that in the TV series as well?

i've owned 3 1J super hikkies, and 4 regular hikkies and all of them were the same.

i really think its a optical illusion, being that the hikkie has red highlights, while the DYRL valks have X color and black which many throw ones color perception off a bit...kind of like how someones eyes look a different color depending on what color clothes they're wearing.

eh, who knows? all i know is mine valks are all the same shade of white. maybe masterofpuppets(awesome album BTW)bought his used from a smoker who displayed his stuff in direct sunlight? that or he used whitening toothpaste on that 1S roy. :D

My 1J is a 2nd edition, bought MISB from a collectors store in person, not over the internet. I examined the 1Js in the front so I got the best of the bunch and never noticed different shades of plastic betweem them. Non-smoker, kept away from a window. It's never been in direct sunlight for anymore than a couple minutes (I took outdoor photos once and even then the pictures were taken in a shaded balcony). My Roy 1S, Hikaru 1J and Max 1J all seem to have different shades of white. The Max 1J was also bought from a collectors store, box was beat up but the figure inside was still untouched, gunpod/strap and nosecone wrapping were still on. Here's a picture of the three, not the best camera but I think it illustrates my point. Also a picture of just the two 1Js together.

post-4209-1158624105_thumb.jpg

post-4209-1158624125_thumb.jpg

Edited by MasterOfPuppets

Noooo, the appearance of the white on the VF-1J max vs on the VF-1S Roy as being slightly brighter is more of an optical illusion... the 1J Hikaru is simply a different color white. I've got both, it's different... like I said, I always assumed it was because it was TV valk vs DYRL valk...