1/48 TV Fast Packs.....No Longer Available...

Ichiban

I recently got back into Macross / Robotech from my youth and have fallen in love with everything Macross again. I noticed that at one point the the Yamato 1/48 TV Fast Packs were being offered for pre-order and could be purchased separately from the VF-1J bundle. However, I can seem to find anymore info on this. Has anyone pre-ordered (TV Fast Packs) them or know anything about there availability through dealers?

Both versions of the Hikaru VF-1J seem to be available (with or without the fast packs) at the following sites (and probably more):

Valkyrie Exchange

Twin Moons Anime

Blasto Toys

There are fast packs currently available that are sold individually. They contain both the standard Super and Strike types. The "TV type" fast packs only seem to come with the new 1/48 VF-1J, and I'm not sure what the differences will be between those and the ones already released.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Draykov

So for it's only been confirmed by Yamato to be releasing the 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru without, and bundled with the TV style fast packs. No word on releasing the TV fast packs separate. For now it looks like you have to get the bundle if those are the kinds of packs you want.

I noticed that when the VF-1J with and without FPs was announced a lot of people jumped to the conclusion that TV FAST packs were available without the J as well. I think that at least one online retailer may even have listed a pre-order for a very brief period.

Some people were even speculating that the HLJ VF-1J with TV FAST Packs was just a bundle being put together by HLJ. I never quite understood where this speculation was coming from since HLJ never had a listing for TV FPs alone.

Wasn't really the only difference the color?

Nope, they're actually quite different.

here's a pic from Valkyrie Exchange of the current DYRL FPs:

y48fp_g.jpg

here's the pic from above of the TV style FPs (also from VE):

y148vf1j_proto.jpg

If nothing else, you should be able to see how the arm packs are different.

Here's also a thread discussing the differences:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...t=ST&f=4&t=1295

Judging by the pictures, I would say just the arms (missles and slight mods to the forward edge) the legs look the same, you can still see the large vernier thrusters in the TV pick, IMO they should be smaller, but oh well, I wont buy a J with the FP anyway, Im buying him by his lonesome :unsure:

I'm getting the full set and the roy vf-1s reissue. Gonna put those TV FPs on that yellow vf1s and slap a hikaru sticker on it.... viola! two anime accurate hikaru valks. I have a feeling that yamato had this idea for its fans ;)

Edited by DrClay

Ya know, I didn't think to ask until I saw the picture of the FP version of the 1J at HLJ, but it looks like the VF-1J with fast packs will also have the AMM-1s and UUM-7s in addition to the RMS-1s...as it should be.

Edited by Draykov

• 2 weeks later...
I'm getting the full set and the roy vf-1s reissue. Gonna put those TV FPs on that yellow vf1s and slap a hikaru sticker on it.... viola! two anime accurate hikaru valks.  I have a feeling that yamato had this idea for its fans ;)

That would make sense since as far as I know Hikaru's VF-1J never appeared in the series with FPs. But, it would be nice to have them to put on the already released Roy's VF-1S -- too bad we don't have TV style hands to switch out for it :p

too bad we don't have TV style hands to switch out for it :p

The Vf-1 J supposedly comes with three sets of hands... holding gun, open hands, and fists.... maybe you could have one holding his gunpod, and the other clenching fists.

too bad we don't have TV style hands to switch out for it :p

The Vf-1 J supposedly comes with three sets of hands... holding gun, open hands, and fists.... maybe you could have one holding his gunpod, and the other clenching fists.

Sorry - I meant for Roy's DYRL VF-1S -- since with the TV-style FPs (and addition of TV style hands) it could then be used as a TV Hikaru's VF-1S. I assumed that's what you were intending to do from what you said in your earlier post that I first replied to. Or are you suggesting that we would be able to replace the existing hands on Roy's DYRL VF-1S with some of the extras that come with Hikaru's VF-1J?

Edited by demiurge

I recently got back into Macross / Robotech from my youth and have fallen in love with everything Macross again. I noticed that at one point the the Yamato 1/48 TV Fast Packs were being offered for pre-order and could be purchased separately from the VF-1J bundle. However, I can seem to find anymore info on this. Has anyone pre-ordered (TV Fast Packs) them or know anything about there availability through dealers?

Yamato have never announced they would release the TV FAST packs by themselves.

If any online retailers put them up for preorder,that was their mistake.

Graham