Yamato Vf-1a Head Is There A Difference?

JEXPRIME

So in japan they have the TV 1A head for thier yammies? :huh:

I thought it was just due to them being too lazy or something.

QUICK QUESTION... ARE THE 1A HEADS THE SAME IN THE MOVIE AND THE TV SHOW DIFFERENT, AND SO IS YAMATO CHANGING UP THE HEAD MOLDS FOR MORE ACURACY?

That's two questions. :) But yeah, they look different. I wish they did change it for accuracy.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

So in japan they have the TV 1A head for thier yammies?  :huh:

I thought it was just due to them being too lazy or something.

421710[/snapback]

not that I know of... there is no localized version of the 1/48. I think the idea was to make it easy for companies to import the 1/48's in the US and other foreign markets.

I always assumed that the DYRL 1A head is just sorta retroactively "canon". . . since it's been said a few times around here that Kawamori and the Macross powers-that-be consider the "look" of DYRL to be the "official" look of Macross now where character and mecha appearance is concerned. All the while, however, the TV series remains the canon plotline.

So, picture the DYRL characters and mecha appearance with the TV story. . . and that's official Macross. And somewhat explains why they wouldn't put out a "TV 1A head."

H

I always assumed that the DYRL 1A head is just sorta retroactively "canon". . . since it's been said a few times around here that Kawamori and the Macross powers-that-be consider the "look" of DYRL to be the "official" look of Macross now where character and mecha appearance is concerned.  All the while, however, the TV series remains the canon plotline.

So, picture the DYRL characters and mecha appearance with the TV story. . . and that's official Macross.  And somewhat explains why they wouldn't put out a "TV 1A head."

H

421716[/snapback]

That makes sense as well.

That's a shame. I just thought the tv valks were just less advanced (like the cockpit and stuff) and co-existed side by side with the DYRL versions but as older versions.

And that: The makers of DYRL movie in the story just couldn't get the old models anymore so they used the oldest vf1 they could get. (no bother with historical accuracy)

There are probably going to be exceptions to the rule like the SDF1. If the tv series is canon in story the sdf1 should look like the tv series version shouldn't it? (because of the destruction of the armd carriers and the use of prometheus and daedalus instead.)

What really happened:

Misa: Pull the lever marked B! How can you not know how to pilot of a valk?

Hikaru: WTF are you talking about? There is no lever marked B! Argh!... *begins to crash* :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

wasn't there some talk that yamato would not produce an anime accurate "TV" only version to side step the whole copyright issue with HG?

421708[/snapback]

How does THAT work? Like HG's Disasterpeice stuff looks any closer to the TV A head then the 1/48 DYRL head? :lol:

Edited by Phren

wasn't there some talk that yamato would not produce an anime accurate "TV" only version to side step the whole copyright issue with HG?

421708[/snapback]

How does THAT work? Like HG's Disasterpeice stuff looks any closer to the TV A head then the 1/48 DYRL head? :lol:

421791[/snapback]

that toynami can't even rip off better designs well has nothing to do with yamato not wanting to get into a legal battle with HG. :p

421708[/snapback]

421791[/snapback]

that toynami can't even rip off better designs well has nothing to do with yamato not wanting to get into a legal battle with HG. :p

421882[/snapback]

This is such classic MW. Something that clearly had nothing whatsoever to do with HG/Toynami, and yet somehow they get blamed. I'm waiting for the thread where you prove HG was on the grassy knoll... :p:lol::rolleyes:

421708[/snapback]

421791[/snapback]

421882[/snapback]

This is such classic MW. Something that clearly had nothing whatsoever to do with HG/Toynami, and yet somehow they get blamed. I'm waiting for the thread where you prove HG was on the grassy knoll... :p:lol::rolleyes:

421883[/snapback]

Okay fanboy, if you actually try comprehending my post instead of just rambling off, you would see that I was actually asking a question with my first post. Hence that odd squiggly looking symbol at the end of my sentence. Some people call it a "question mark."

And then you will see that snapback asked another question in reference to my question which is implied to be something we call a "joke." The "joke" could be inferred from the "disasterpiece" comment and by the "emoticon" at the end which is commonly accepted as a figure "laughing." To which I responded with a sardonic comment and even capped it off with another "emoticon" of a figure sticking his tongue out... also commonly accepted as someone making a joke.

And BTW, prove to me that Yamato's decisions did not have anything to do with HG zealously protecting their copyright claim. Since, this is the explicit claim you are making where as I was merely asking a question on the subject.

Okay fanboy, if you actually try comprehending my post instead of just rambling off, you would see that I was actually asking a question with my first post. Hence that odd squiggly looking symbol at the end of my sentence. Some people call it a "question mark."

And then you will see that snapback asked another question in reference to my question which is implied to be something we call a "joke." The "joke" could be inferred from the "disasterpiece" comment and by the "emoticon" at the end which is commonly accepted as a figure "laughing."  To which I responded with a sardonic comment and even capped it off with another "emoticon" of a figure sticking his tongue out... also commonly accepted as someone making a joke.

And BTW, prove to me that Yamato's decisions did not have anything to do with HG zealously protecting their copyright claim. Since, this is the explicit claim you are making where as I was merely asking a question on the subject.

Well, personally, I'd say the burden of proof falls more heavily on someone who would make the affirmative claim that concerns about HG's license did influence Yamato's vf-1a head design. The negative claim (that such concerns did not play a role) would be the default assumption. For example, if I suggested that random electrical discharges in the Crab nebula influenced the HG-bashing sentiment on this bbs, and you countered that they did not, the onus would clearly be on me to establish that they did, since that claim is so obviously improbable. The same is true here. I am forced to say 'someone' in my first sentence because you don't have the balls to decide if you're going to back that affirmative claim or not, but instead use innuendo to put the idea out there, and then swipe at those who pooh-pooh it. :D

(note the little smiley, which makes it all a joke!)

And then you will see that snapback asked another question in reference to my question which is implied to be something we call a "joke." The "joke" could be inferred from the "disasterpiece" comment and by the "emoticon" at the end which is commonly accepted as a figure "laughing."  To which I responded with a sardonic comment and even capped it off with another "emoticon" of a figure sticking his tongue out... also commonly accepted as someone making a joke.

Well, personally, I'd say the burden of proof falls more heavily on someone who would make the affirmative claim that concerns about HG's license did influence Yamato's vf-1a head design. The negative claim (that such concerns did not play a role) would be the default assumption. For example, if I suggested that random electrical discharges in the Crab nebula influenced the HG-bashing sentiment on this bbs, and you countered that they did not, the onus would clearly be on me to establish that they did, since that claim is so obviously improbable. The same is true here. I am forced to say 'someone' in my first sentence because you don't have the balls to decide if you're going to back that affirmative claim or not, but instead use innuendo to put the idea out there, and then swipe at those who pooh-pooh it. :D

(note the little smiley, which makes it all a joke!)

422156[/snapback]

Dude! That makes my head hurt. I will need my wife to translate.

Hate to see the impact of my using a 1983 Imai VF-1A Head on a 2004 Hasegawa VF-1S fighter with the resin orbital booster. Will H.G. now take my lunch money?