Fulcy's Aluminum Thrusters

Solscud007

I traded some model kits with fulcy when i was in Pittsburgh and he gave me some of his gundam aluminum thrusters. they are the perfect size for 1/48 fast packs. except for the medium and large thrusters. these will replace the small ones.

see the pics compared to regular fast packs.

dsc00467sx2.jpg

dsc00470rw2.jpg

dsc00473au0.jpg

dsc00472xv4.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

I don't know how easy it'd be to replace the stock thrusters - that's something Nick can answer. However, these thrusters are rather easy to customize. They are three part, as can be seen here:

http://mechaskunk.com/images/gthruster/GT01.jpg

To get the look that you want, you either drill the hole into the booster deeper, so there's less pipe sticking out - or, you cut the pipe shorter.

Cool, looks like a simple drill and pin deal.. Just, as you said, Fulcy, I have no idea how the stock thrusters attach or how the FP's are constructed. Also wondering if on the side how that will affect the attachment/detachment of the leg armor covers

its very easy. for the back pack thrusters you jsut unscrew it apart. and take the two halves apart. then The two thrusters on the side are attached to a small piece of plastic. that slides right off the inteiror parts.

The third bell that faces backwards is glued to the bae so you jsut break that off. Cut the bells off the piece of plastic and drill holes for the new aluminum ones.

now the one that faces backwards is kinda tricky. it is too big to glue on first and then put the two bottom halves back on.

so you glue the two bells that goo up and down to the piece of plastic. and reassemble the pack half that the bells are on. you should have pre drilled for the third bell. then you pop it in and glue it in from the back.

the leg armors are even easier. remove the top cover and unscrew the back plate. the trio of bells will fall right out. cut them off and drill holes for the new bells.

fulcy if you think about how many I needed it was 12 jsut for the small bells. maybe you should make a package deal for macross customs. cause three packs of 12 bells is 45 bucks. almost as much as a set of fast packs haha. but hey it depends on how much those cost to make and how much you wanna make out of this.

Edited by Solscud007

fulcy if you think about how many I needed it was 12 jsut for the small bells. maybe you should make a package deal for macross customs. cause three packs of 12 bells is 45 bucks. almost as much as a set of fast packs haha. but hey it depends on how much those cost to make and how much you wanna make out of this.

416771[/snapback]

I'm sure something can be worked out - I can knock a few bucks off here and there, but not too much since I'm selling these almost at cost to begin with. Let me think about it, and get back to you guys tonight.

you always makes the coolest accessories.

when you get the pricing done(hopefully not $45), you can count me in. :D

i wanna make me a super duper FP kit with all sorts of little add-ons....any chance for a metal strike cannon tip? that would be really cool.

and BTW, what ever happened to the super gerwalk project? ;)

They look more realistic than the stock thrusters, but are certainly not canon. That's also a pretty high price to pay for such a minor enhancement, notice that all the shots needed to be zoomed in. I'm not knocking Fulcy's prices, which I believe are very fair, but the problem is that you can't buy 1 or 2 thrusters, you need several. And that price is only going to mutliply if you want to outfit additional Valkyries.

Overall, from a practical and aesthetic point of view, these probably work best on the mecha they were designed for: Gundam B))

They look more realistic than the stock thrusters, but are certainly not canon.  That's also a pretty high price to pay for such a minor enhancement, notice that all the shots needed to be zoomed in.  I'm not knocking Fulcy's prices, which I believe are very fair, but the problem is that you can't buy 1 or 2 thrusters, you need several.  And that price is only going to mutliply if you want to outfit additional Valkyries.

Overall, from a practical and aesthetic point of view, these probably work best on the mecha they were designed for: Gundam  B))

416872[/snapback]

Always gotta be a wet blanket, dontcha... :p

Personally, I like the look as long as the pipe is recessed enough. Enough to contemplate dressing up a set of FP's if I like the price.

And cannon doesn't always = realistic, so I'm not worried about that. I don;t stockpile these thing like others around here, so I want the few I have to look the best I can make them.

I would really like to see some well done back-bell replacements, but they'd need a more dynamic shape for those - something wishfully thinking-designed with some plastic parts so I can just pop off the old ones and pop on the new ones.. (end of fantasyland rant)

Edited by Phren

Personally, I like the look as long as the pipe is recessed enough. Enough to contemplate dressing up a set of FP's if I like the price.

And cannon doesn't always = realistic, so I'm not worried about that. I don;t stockpile these thing like others around here, so I want the few I have to look the best I can make them.

I would really like to see some well done back-bell replacements, but they'd need a more dynamic shape for those - something wishfully thinking-designed with some plastic parts so I can just pop off the old ones and pop on the new ones.. (end of fantasyland rant)

417056[/snapback]

I've considered making a large bell replacement - but it may not happen for a little while. The shear number I'd have to have made, to make the price reasonable, would put a good sized hole in my pocket. But, we'll see how it goes...