Would You Buy A New Perfect Variable 1/60 Vf-1?

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Would you buy a new mold PERFECT VARIABLE 1/60 VF-1 toy from yamato?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy a new mold PERFECT VARIABLE 1/60 VF-1 toy from yamato?

• YES-The old 1/60 VF-1's are showing their age!
    • NO-The 1/48 keeps me happy.
    • MAYBE-New tools are intriguing..

Maybe the glaugs and regult were too hard for them to engineer concerning the small legs and the top heavy heads, plus the pilot. That's just my guess.

you're probably right. the legs would be the first thing to go, then we'd all be compaining why they didn't make a better one....this toy sucks, yamato sucks, i can't believe they forced me to buy it, yadda yadda yadda. :D who knows?, maybe they have something in the works that graham isn't telling us about? :ph34r:

I felt that the Q-Raus did not sell too well because they were quite poorly done compared to the other Yamato stuff taking into account the selling price.

i totally agree. the rau's could've sold better had they put a realistic price tag on it. they should've gone with the 'sell it for less and sell a lot more of them' philosophy instead of the 'lets make it really expensive even though it doesn't transform and we'll see if it sells'. maybe they'll take a different approach on future releases....atleast i hope they do.

I *still* would buy a 1/60 *Perfect* variable VF-1, but only one. lol. To display with the other 60's.

5 damn 1/48 valks now... i am all VF-1'd out. :lol: And the are damn beautiful.

I just spent a whole day at the new house i'm movin into, where i placed them in the new sexy display cabinent.

Just lookin in awe of the perfectiveness. :p

Can't really improve them with but only small picky kinda stuff, it is perfect imo. Just need the two seaters Yamato.

And I have no more room!!!!!!!! And i still gotta get the 19, 21, and all the rest of the Plus line....

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I want new 1/60 VF-1's because

1) The original 1/60 was not perfect-transformation

2) The 1/48 had hideously low-hanging shoulders and arms in fighter mode

3) The 1/48 had a weird bulbous canopy

4) The "swoop" of the 1/48 nose was exaggerated.

5) A 1/60 VF-1 would be in scale with the new valks

Well, the bulbous canopy seemed lineart accureate to me, as did the swoop of the nose. Looking at my Macross Design works, can't really say it's "exaggerated" if that's how it looks in the official lineart.

I will agree that a more accurate, 1/60 scale VF-1 would be nice, to go with all the new 1/60 scale variable fighters coming out. I've always disliked that the 1/60 VF-1 was not perfect transformation, and that reason they supposedly made it that way was to get rid of the swing bars....and then they added those bulbous tumour-hips that actually look WORSE than swing bars.

Still, I also gotta agree with Graham. There are just so many other things I'd rather see than yet another VF-1 toy.