When Or If The Next Round Of Vf-1s Are Reissued

GobotFool

It seems yamato keeps on pumping out the VF-1s in 2nd and 3rd releases, if they do another run of all the previous VF-1's think yamato will issue them with all the major markings tampo printed on? I'm mostly wondering because I need to replace my VF-1 collection that was destroyed in a fire. But with their habit of sometimes reissuing their products with improvements and the VF-0 being all marked up, I was wondering, should I exercise patience and wait before I replace my VF's?

I don't think that they would... since the stealth and low viz 2 came out around the same time as the VF-0 and there weren't any new tampo markings as far as I've heard.

'sides, I'm sure there's some tooling involved in tampo printing and I would imagine yamato is unwilling to put money in the old 1/48 design at this point.

I would like to see a ver 2 of the 1/48 with some of the design improvements from the 1/60 like the double joint on the knees for GERWALK mode and the new torso transformation sequence to have a shorter torso in batroid mode.

You lost your Valks in a fire? Ohh man...... :(

411739[/snapback]

My whole toy collection actually. Thankfully insurance is willing to cover a good chunk of it.

411750[/snapback]

Nice! Did you have them insured as collectibles? Or are they just going to give you retail value?

411739[/snapback]

My whole toy collection actually. Thankfully insurance is willing to cover a good chunk of it.

411750[/snapback]

Nice! Did you have them insured as collectibles? Or are they just going to give you retail value?

411753[/snapback]

Full replacement value. :)

Edited by GobotFool

411739[/snapback]

411750[/snapback]

411753[/snapback]

411770[/snapback]

oooooooooh, nice!

411739[/snapback]

411750[/snapback]

411753[/snapback]

411770[/snapback]

oooooooooh, nice!

411771[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm pretty happy about it. It was really sad looking at my melted low viz.

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but are there any pics?

Also, what are you using to back up your "collectible value" claim? Ebay?

(I live in florida, and I moved to an mandatory hurricane evacuation zone, so insurance has been concern.)

I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but are there any pics?

Also, what are you using to back up your "collectible value" claim? Ebay?

(I live in florida, and I moved to an mandatory hurricane evacuation zone, so insurance has been concern.)

411785[/snapback]

mostly ebay, and tomarts and lee's price guids.

It seems yamato keeps on pumping out the VF-1s in 2nd and 3rd releases, if they do another run of all the previous VF-1's think yamato will issue them with all the major markings tampo printed on? I'm mostly wondering because I need to replace my VF-1 collection that was destroyed in a fire. But with their habit of sometimes reissuing their products with improvements and the VF-0 being all marked up, I was wondering, should I exercise patience and wait before I replace my VF's?

That would be good if they did. Bandai did it with the reissued chunky munky macross 7 stuff.

Sorry to hear about the fire! :o

Regarding re-buying for tampo printing: Yes, I'm one of those sick bastards who would re-buy my entire collection if they released them with quality tampo printing. There is just something so very cool about the "UN SPACY" on the legs. . . without unsightly decal/sticker lines (even though Takatoys stickers and Anasazi decals are very good!).

Best,

H

Edit: Though it's probably unlikely that it'll happen.

Edited by Hurin