Go To Last Unread??????????

Guys, most forums have a feature that allows you to go to the FIRST unread post, not the last.

Why does the little red arrow thingy take me to the LAST unread post all the time?

That's a pointless feature.

I would prefer to see the first unread with the arrow. We already have a "GO TO LAST POST" feature which is the same thing as "LAST UNREAD" in effect.

Thanks.

Doesn't work on my end. It takes me to the last post.

If it is SUPPOSED to take you to "FIRST UNREAD" (which it does not) then they need to change the IMG TAG ALT NAME to "FIRST UNREAD" not last.

Works fine for me as well.

When you hit "Mark all posts as read" at the bottom, it will mark all posts as read. When visiting the forums later, I picked a random thread and and hit the "Go to last unread post". This happened to have taken me to the last posts because that was the last one made since I hit the "Mark all posts as read" the last time I visited the forums.

Think of it this way, if you visit the forums often enough, going to the last unread post will always take you to the last posting because you haven't read that one yet since you visit the forums so often. The other possibility is the thread you are going to has a low reply rate so anytime you go to that thread, any new post will go to the last post since that was the last unread post since you last visited that thread.

Out of curiousity, which threads are you having this problem with?

• 2 weeks later...
Out of curiousity, which threads are you having this problem with?

411101[/snapback]

All of them, including this one:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...60entry414018

It is not a problem with my browser. I have tried it in several different hotels over the past month in addition to my home computer.

It only takes me to the last post of the thread, not the last UNREAD.

I never even opened the above-listed thread and it sent me to the very end (Page 4) when I clicked on the arrow.

Even if it worked, the IMG TAG is not LABELED PROPERLY. It says, GO TO *LAST* UNREAD" when it should say "GO TO *FIRST* UNREAD".

Edited by Skull-1

The thing IS mis-identified, though.

414591[/snapback]

Can someone PLEASE at least change the label?

It needs to say: GO TO FIRST UNREAD

*NOT* LAST UNREAD.

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

GO TO FIRST UNREAD

*FIRST* NOT LAST. Unless the intent is to take you to the last post which makes no sense...as we already have that feature.

Edited by Skull-1