Robotech!!

drkstar00

Kidding...

Somewhat.

I fell in love with the Robotech series during the 80's and always wondered what all the Macross hipe was about.

Wow, my wife and I just finished watching Macross: Do you Remember Love, and then Macross Plus...

Quite awesome.

My significant other actually thinks Macross' it now, and I must say, Macross Plus blew me away.

I love the seriousness of the storylines, etc.

So I can't wait to pick up Macross Zero...

Very fun...and now I have Macross on the brain...

:)

Edited by drkstar00

I agree with JBO, the original macross is awsome. Like you, I fell in love with robotech first. But after watching the original Macross, I'd say it pretty much blows robotech out of the water. The only thing thats different are the voices and the music. Especially Minmay, she was such an important and pivotal figure in the anime. But in Robotech she comes off soo annoying. and the music is really good. With different voice actors, music, and slight differences in the wording, Macross really comes off a lot more powerfully then Robotech ever did. I would definitely check out the original macross.

Macross Minmay is less bad than Roblowtech's Minmei (make the singing stop!). You should watch the Macross Movie: Do You Remember Love. Good stuff. I like that version Minmay.

The original SDF Macross series is what pulled me back and really started putting a dent in my wallet buying Macross crap. I for one only watched Robotech as a kid for the VF-1, as it was THE coolest transforming robot. Couldn't stand the characters, voice actors, or music. I however really dig the SDF Misa and DYRL Minmay characters. I still have a hard time relating to Hikaru, and wish I would have watched SDF and DYRL as a kid when I could have empathized more with his character.

The music is a matter of taste, but at least you get about half dozen decent 80s J-pop songs in SDF, while you get 3 overplayed chalkboard-screeches in Robotech.

What's robotech...

sorry but there's so many of these I just converted from Robotech threads... I think it's great but let's get on to the real discussion... like who would you date... Misa or Minmay... :D