Yamato 1/48 Accessories ....

Vermillion21

Just wondering: I know the 1/48 Yamato valkyries get released, then go "out of production" and are sometimes re-issued. Check. But what about the valkyrie accessories? Y'know, like the fast packs & GDB armour? Is their availability the same?

In other words, if I decide to wait and buy a GDB armour set later, will it be more difficult (and likely more expensive) later on? I'm asking because I'm torn between buying a new valkyrie fighter (probably the VF-0S) or the GDB armour. Ideally, I would like to avoid paying the high secondary market prices if I wait too long. (e.g., eBay) Any input/advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

:)

Just wondering: I know the 1/48 Yamato valkyries get released, then go \"out of production\" and are sometimes re-issued.  Check.  But what about the valkyrie accessories?  Y\'know, like the fast packs & GDB armour?  Is their availability the same?

In other words, if I decide to wait and buy a GDB armour set later, will it be more difficult (and likely more expensive) later on?  I\'m asking because I\'m torn between buying a new valkyrie fighter (probably the VF-0S) or the GDB armour.  Ideally, I would like to avoid paying the high secondary market prices if I wait too long.  (e.g., eBay)  Any input/advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

401942[/snapback]

The valks will be around for a while. Only thing is, if you wait to long the price will be higher. Mostly higher than what anyone wants to pay.

Also if your looking for accessories, such as, the heavy armour...try loooking under GBP-1S or GBP. If you keep looking under GDB, good luck, as there is no such thing.

;)

Just wondering: I know the 1/48 Yamato valkyries get released, then go \"out of production\" and are sometimes re-issued.  Check.  But what about the valkyrie accessories?  Y\'know, like the fast packs & GDB armour?  Is their availability the same?

In other words, if I decide to wait and buy a GDB armour set later, will it be more difficult (and likely more expensive) later on?  I\'m asking because I\'m torn between buying a new valkyrie fighter (probably the VF-0S) or the GDB armour.  Ideally, I would like to avoid paying the high secondary market prices if I wait too long.  (e.g., eBay)  Any input/advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

401942[/snapback]

The valks will be around for a while. Only thing is, if you wait to long the price will be higher. Mostly higher than what anyone wants to pay.

Also if your looking for accessories, such as, the heavy armour...try loooking under GBP-1S or GBP. If you keep looking under GDB, good luck, as there is no such thing.

;)

401947[/snapback]

OOOOOOOO ZING! :p

If I had the choice between the GBP armor and an VF-0S I would go for the VF-0S. I mean how can you not look at the pictures Ghram has in the toy gallery and just not drool all over yourself.

In all reality you are probably better off getting the GBP before the VF0 as there is more chance of you getting a VF0 later on as It has only just been released. Yamato will wan ttot get good milage from that set of molds, expect some reissues and variants, this sort of thing will help you with future availability.

Not sure If they are making the GBP at the moment but I do still see new ones in the shops. I admit I cant tell if they are new stock or stock thats been in the stockroom for ages.

Thats not to say that the VF0 is not worth the buy. I think having seen them in the Flesh (well plastic and metal) they are definately a must for your purchase list.

Edited by big F

I think you should buy what fits your wallet and the Fast packs are a great addition to any Valk 50-60 after that get the GBP 100-130 . BUY both of them. either way they'll continue to re-issue some things down the road.

NightmareB4macross - D'oh! You are absolutely right! My bad ....

;)

big F - Sound logic, I like your approach.

Thanks to the rest of ya for your feedback.

Edited by Vermillion21

Like you, no one here can speculate what will be re-released but there are logical guesses. So far everything but the Max 1A and Low Viz were reissued (am i right in saying this?).

Like you, no one here can speculate what will be re-released but there are logical guesses. So far everything but the Max 1A and Low Viz were reissued (am i right in saying this?).

402063[/snapback]

I would love to get a DYRL VF-1A 1/48 Max reissue!!

The Max 1A was reissued. I purchased one from Neova back when they were offered again.

The Low Vis 1A V.1 was a limited edition that is not supposed to be reissued.

I'm sure most collectors would curse the yamato exec that authorized a re-release of the that edition with a leaky anus

Just wondering: I know the 1/48 Yamato valkyries get released, then go "out of production" and are sometimes re-issued.  Check.  But what about the valkyrie accessories?  Y'know, like the fast packs & GDB armour?  Is their availability the same?

401942[/snapback]

Actually, you have got the order wrong. The factory finishes the production run and then the toys are shipped out from the factory and from there make their way to the retail stores, usually through a chain of wholesalers and distributors to the retail stores where they are bought by you, the customer. So by the time the toy is 'released', it's technically already out of production, or at least that producton run is over.

Yamato production runs are not that high quantity. Remember, these are high-end collectors grade figures, with a limited customer base, not cheap mass-market toys that you get with a Happy Meal that are produced in the millions.

So basically, the toys are not kept in continuous production and as I mentioned above, by the time the toy hits the store shelves, the factory has already moved on and is producing something else.

Whether Yamato reissues toys, i.e. asks the factory to create another production run, basically depends on whether the toy sold well and whether they get enough orders for a second production run.

As to whether you should buy a 1/48 GBP or 1/60 VF-0S, that really depends on which one you like best.

The GBP initially sold out very fast, but most shops (at least the ones where I live) do have stock again. The VF-0S sold out very quickly, but a second batch is supposed to be on the way next month.

Graham

Just wondering: I know the 1/48 Yamato valkyries get released, then go "out of production" and are sometimes re-issued.  Check.  But what about the valkyrie accessories?  Y'know, like the fast packs & GDB armour?  Is their availability the same?

401942[/snapback]

Actually, you have got the order wrong. The factory finishes the production run and then the toys are shipped out from the factory and from there make their way to the retail stores, usually through a chain of wholesalers and distributors to the retail stores where they are bought by you, the customer. So by the time the toy is 'released', it's technically already out of production, or at least that producton run is over.

Yamato production runs are not that high quantity. Remember, these are high-end collectors grade figures, with a limited customer base, not cheap mass-market toys that you get with a Happy Meal that are produced in the millions.

So basically, the toys are not kept in continuous production and as I mentioned above, by the time the toy hits the store shelves, the factory has already moved on and is producing something else.

Whether Yamato reissues toys, i.e. asks the factory to create another production run, basically depends on whether the toy sold well and whether they get enough orders for a second production run.

As to whether you should buy a 1/48 GBP or 1/60 VF-0S, that really depends on which one you like best.

The GBP initially sold out very fast, but most shops (at least the ones where I live) do have stock again. The VF-0S sold out very quickly, but a second batch is supposed to be on the way next month.

Graham

402077[/snapback]

Thanks for the clarification Graham! Since the VF-0S is still a relatively new release, I'm inclined to save up for the GBP armour set!!

Unless Yamato reissues Max's DYRL 1/48!!!

[

Thanks for the clarification Graham!  Since the VF-0S is still a relatively new release, I'm inclined to save up for the GBP armour set!!

Unless Yamato reissues Max's DYRL 1/48!!!

402383[/snapback]

They already did. A looooong time ago.