Public Kudos To Devin - Decal Master

Skull-1

I just got a set of custom decals from Devin White (ANASAZI) and almost had a heart attack.

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhh my gawd..............

These sets are f'ing GORGEOUS! I cannot believe how well the custom tail emblems I sent him came out.

*GASP*

I am totally........*STUNNED*.

*********STUNNED**********

I gotta' catch my breath. They came out flawlessly.

Very good job!! I can't wait to get them on the Valk!!

Nice work, Dev. You are the master.

Edited by Skull-1

Please ignore the bad quality of the scan, but you get an idea of the detail with this shot.

These are intended to go on the tail of my 1/55s. They look amazing.... The rest of the decals are white so you can't see them via scanner.

post-318-1147328429_thumb.jpg

Edited by Skull-1

Devin is awesome!  He's got a lot of the hard to find decals and can custom create any set in any scale as well.  He's the MAN!  :p

398551[/snapback]

Well, I sent him screen grabs of stuff and asked him if he could make decals with them. I never expected they would turn out this good!!!!!! The guy is genius.

Real cool! Are those actual squadron markings?

I wonder if he printe the screen grabs onto the sticker paper or did he re-vector the logos based on your screencaps.

I drew the FIGHTING 51 in MS Paint and made it HUGE.

I pulled the STREAK EAGLE off of the book, "The Gray Eagles" by Duane Unkefer (AWESOME READ).

The PISTOL PACKIN' AIREDALE is an actual U.S. Navy WWII squadron (Alex Vraciu, top ace). I found a few sites that had patches and stickers of that insignia and asked him if he thought he could make a Valkyrie tail-sized copy of each one.

He did.

You should see the scripting he did for the nose art.... HARD CASE, kill markings, and LT. J. FRAMTON "JAKE" for the canopy rail.

F'ing unbelievable.

The guy is amazing. The scan does *NOT* do the decals justice. In person they are PERFECT.

Edited by Skull-1

Wow. I just saw this topic (haven't been on MW much in the past few weeks). It makes me happy to know that my work is useful and appreciated. A lot of labor and TLC goes into each set that I make. I actually make very little on each set I sell--it's more about connecting with fellow Macross fans and helping them out.

I'm glad to hear that the custom markings worked out so well for you, Jason. That blue valk is awesome!

For those who are wondering, I will be creating stealth and LV2 sets in the near future. Updates will be posted in the toys forum.

Wow.  I just saw this topic (haven't been on MW much in the past few weeks).  It makes me happy to know that my work is useful and appreciated.  A lot of labor and TLC goes into each set that I make.  I actually make very little on each set I sell--it's more about connecting with fellow Macross fans and helping them out. 

I'm glad to hear that the custom markings worked out so well for you, Jason.  That blue valk is awesome!

For those who are wondering, I will be creating stealth and LV2 sets in the near future.  Updates will be posted in the toys forum.

398997[/snapback]

They are working out great.

I just need to find a good decal placement guide to finish it with, but I am very pleased with the results so far and couldn't hold off posting pics any longer...

For some reason my camera induces "flaws" that aren't really there and that is driving me crazy, but to the naked eye this thing looks exquisite.

Edited by Skull-1

I have a 1/55 placement guide in PDF format on my website. Here's a direct link to the file:

1/55 Application Guide

They are working out great.

I just need to find a good decal placement guide to finish it with, but I am very pleased with the results so far and couldn't hold off posting pics any longer...

For some reason my camera induces "flaws" that aren't really there and that is driving me crazy, but to the naked eye this thing looks exquisite.

399008[/snapback]