Karas

wolfx

Yeah. Karas is not hard to understand at all. Just that the first time you watch episode 1, you might not remember all the hints and scenes you were being shown for the first time. I think they did that on purpose, to add some suspense to the story.

For folks that don't quite get whats going on, just do yourself a favor and rewatch it one more time. The story will become so very clear, now that you know exactly what they are showing in episode 1, after watching up to episode 3 previously. You can even see a lot of stuff they hinted you here and there through out the series. Very very good stuff.

Awwww Yeeeeah!!!! It just can't get any better than this. My recent favorite anime show's main character, sculpted by one of my favorite sculptor Kenji Ando, releasing an action figure in one of my favorite toyline S.I.C. (or more likely Movie Realization in this case).

This is really really great news wolfx! :D

• 3 weeks later...

whoa... finally got around to downloading it, and all I can say is: <neo>whoa...</neo>

A few points of interest:

1) Time slows down in fights... is this a protective measure? I've seen other boards chalk it up as fancy bullet time, but even in bullet time everything slows down. This is different, only the human world stops.

2) The third OVA really tied up the into the first OVA really well... but I don't get what makes Otoha so special... granted the Karas we see in the opening is KO'd barely five minutes into the show, but then again, Otoha hasn't fought against Ekou yet...

3) Lots of little details woven in here and there... took a LONG while for me to notice the rings certain individuals were wearing, lol.

4) Any idea when the fourth is coming out? The third DVD release was waaaay back in November for Japan, and not a peep since then...

5) Has any other group picked this up? I've only see the Ani-Kraze and Nyanko releases.... Nyanko is waaaay off, and I don't like how Ani-Kraze also pastes their subtitles over the kanji explosions...

Edited by Akilae

Great stuff eh? ;)

whoa... finally got around to downloading it, and all I can say is: <neo>whoa...</neo>

A few points of interest:

1) Time slows down in fights... is this a protective measure? I've seen other boards chalk it up as fancy bullet time, but even in bullet time everything slows down.  This is different, only the human world stops.

More like they fight in fast super sonic speeds. All the destruction that happens during the "bullet time" is also reflected when the time "goes back to normal" where the fight might have already ended by then.

2) The third OVA really tied up the into the first OVA really well... but I don't get what makes Otoha so special... granted the Karas we see in the opening is KO'd barely five minutes into the show, but then again, Otoha hasn't fought against Ekou yet...

If you noticed Otoha isn't the only Karas around and there are many Yurine as well. (Could be seen on timestamp 17:10 where many Yurine from the windows looking down on Otoha's Yurine)

I'm not sure if there's anything special about Otoha. Karas is just a term for "demon killers" in general i suppose. There was a female one which we never seen in action. One thing is for sure, he woke up in his real body and was able to defeat one of those demons......so probably he still has some power even without a Yurine, which apparently is a source of a Karas' power. Enkou has his sealed in some machine so he doesn't need Yurine's "authorisation" to henshin.

4) Any idea when the fourth is coming out? The third DVD release  was waaaay back in November for Japan, and not a peep since then...

No idea..... :(

5) Has any other group picked this up? I've only see the Ani-Kraze and Nyanko releases.... Nyanko is waaaay off, and I don't like how Ani-Kraze also pastes their subtitles over the kanji explosions...

405785[/snapback]

Not that i know of. :( Good enough for me.

• 1 month later...

rented this and watched it twice yesterday

its very good does anyone know when the next US

release will be?

the combiniation of cgi and art was nice. battle scenes were great to watch and the story flows pretty well. Theres still alot that needs explaining, hopefully that all comes out in the next installament. for example : Why is there always just one survivor? I'm glad i watched it. I cant wait for more.

• 9 months later...

Wow! Good news. So they finally did some work on episode 4. For the longest time, I thought the whole project got canned or put on hold forever.

Think we need to ignore the US release date Manga put up for a while, until the Japan side really pick up the series and finish it off. Then we'll see a legit domestic release date, rather than the ones that Manga kept pushed back a bunch of times since they too are waiting on whats going on on the Japan side.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found a pre-order and package pic for part 2 whilst browsing UK online retailer Play.com,

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/GENCS/37/51/-/...earchtype=genre

It's not the same box as part one and it's worth noting that part one came out in the UK just before the USA.

I don't put much stock in the date given what was said in this thread not so long ago but it's interesting none the less.

Just found a pre-order and package pic for part 2 whilst browsing UK online retailer Play.com,

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/GENCS/37/51/-/...earchtype=genre

It's not the same box as part one and it's worth noting that part one came out in the UK just before the USA.

I don't put much stock in the date given what was said in this thread not so long ago but it's interesting none the less.

Dang, 5 months? Well Sept. is better than nothing i guess. At least we've got some kinf of a ballpark with that pre-order release.

Edited by Veritas

• 3 weeks later...

Ah so female Karas appears. Abit disappointed with the boobies and lance though. I kinda thought that all the Karas should look the same and have the same katana as a weapon.

Ah so female Karas appears. Abit disappointed with the boobies and lance though. I kinda thought that all the Karas should look the same and have the same katana as a weapon.

I would have thought that too given that she was seen carrying the Katana around, maybe it's a transformed version similar to when Otoha transformed his katana into a bigger blade.

I would have thought that too given that she was seen carrying the Katana around, maybe it's a transformed version similar to when Otoha transformed his katana into a bigger blade.

Well since we also don't know the context of the scene it's all guess work right now. But I do agree that this isn't what I thought would happen. I guess when/if all 3 fight at the same time it'll be less confusing between suits, I know the series intro fight was slightly confusing. Besides given how the Japanese love to use Blue and Red in every series it does work at some level.

• 1 month later...

Ep 4 raw is out, go nab it at the usual places.

Also:

第四話「人 乙羽」  8月24日(金) (DVD4)

第五話「幻想区」   9月28日(金) (DVD5)

第六話「真 伝説」 10月26日(金) (DVD6)

Translation:

Ep. 4 "Human Otoha", Aug. 24

Ep. 5 "Area of Imagination", Sept. 28

Ep. 6 "Shin Densetsu", Oct. 26

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone interested in seeing Karas on the big screen - Anime Bento is coming to something like 250 theaters in spetember. It's essentially a 4-night anime festival with Karas, Fullmetal Alchemist Movie, Lupin III, and Shadow Chronicles. Maybe showing Karas is advertising for the next US dvd?

• 1 month later...

Read from some short article that its even better than the 1st DVD. I have been waiting for this for a very long time. Definitely my favorite recent action series, and glad its coming back. Oct 23rd is the release date I heard.

Watched it. Really awesome despite having little of the awesome action scenes from the previous episode.

This episode was more of a background episode....since the 1st 3 episodes kinda left you in the dark what is going on. Episode 4 sheds more light on this....who is Otoha.....why is he Karas....who's the big baddy....etc.

Ep 4 spoilers.

The whole Yakuza thing was kinda LOL....at that moment I thought that Otoha was Spike Spiegel + Vicious (cause of the sword). And its funny that the whole gang just waited for their boss to get killed before they decided to......shoot RPGs at Otoha? LOL. That's way OTT even for Karas.

So like we already know there's more than one Yurine and they are something like Earth spirits bound to a specific area. Big Baddy Ekou is a misunderstood villain who wants to achieve human and youkai harmony but through violent means or something. Youkai race wants to stop him and his plans. What is Nue's brother.....some big weapon of mass destruction? Hmmmm.