And The Prices Keep On Rising...

Chet

Went to my local import toy shop this weekend and was hoping to score one of the VF-1S Hikaru reissues. However, when I asked how much it was selling for, I was shocked to find out that the retail price was now about US$152! :blink: If I paid cash, I could get it for around US$145. And here I was expecting its cash price to be around US$137. Defeated, I walked out of the store empty handed. :(

Since the retail price of Yamato 1/48's doesn't seem to have increased with the reissues, coupled with our improving exchange rate with respect to the U.S. dollar, I really don't understand why the prices of imported stuff like these just keep skyrocketing. :huh:

Well, these vendors know that reissues strike an emotional chord in collector's. These reissues are being sought out by collector's who missed the first run and are no doubt determined to get the reissues; the vendors will milk that need for all it's worth...

I have really noticed the increased sting of shipping to Australia (especially from the US) over the last couple of years. Something that would cost 15-20 will now be about 30 bucks to ship. It makes me think twice before buying stuff off ebay from US sellers.

I have really noticed the increased sting of shipping to Australia (especially from the US) over the last couple of years. Something that would cost 15-20 will now be about 30 bucks to ship. It makes me think twice before buying stuff off ebay from US sellers.

387251[/snapback]

I import from HK now, and ask the vendor to remove the boxes and the inserts, and to wrap up the valks in a layer of bubble wrap. That way I can import 6 valks at a time in the one box, and in a smaller package to prevent suspicion of the true worth of the valks. Saves a bit on the shipping.

You were defeated by $8 bucks????  :(

March back into that store and buy yourself that VF-1S Hikkie!

You deserve it brahda!  ;)

387034[/snapback]

Play to win! Don't allow yourself to get Defeated. There are NO other options.

You were defeated by $8 bucks????  :(

March back into that store and buy yourself that VF-1S Hikkie!

You deserve it brahda!  ;)

387034[/snapback]

I totally agree. I happen to think that's still a good price, or if you want, you can look at it this way. Just compare that price to the current going price of a MAX 1A. That'll put things in perspective :D .

I import from HK now, and ask the vendor to remove the boxes and the inserts, and to wrap up the valks in a layer of bubble wrap. That way I can import 6 valks at a time in the one box, and in a smaller package to prevent suspicion of the true worth of the valks. Saves a bit on the shipping.

Yamato should pack them that way officially. :D just kidding.

Now a gbp equiped valk plus fast packs all in the size of a normal box. Would this be possible? Imagine the savings..

Yamato should pack them that way officially. :D just kidding.

Now a gbp equiped valk plus fast packs all in the size of a normal box. Would this be possible? Imagine the savings..

387898[/snapback]

Yamato should cater for me, their biggest customer. Damn straight. :angry: ... :lol:

The only thing that I don't like about the equipped valks sold prepacked is that i don't like how they get the factory workers to put it together. As it is a job for them, I'm sure afraid that they will damage them or something.

387251[/snapback]

387361[/snapback]

That's what I do too! It's good when you find a seller who's reliable and doesn't mind repacking stuff to ship overseas. All my new toys come from HK, and only the odd vintage thing comes from the US. Or whenever Twimmoons has a shipping discount offer. :p Thanks to him I got my scopedog without selling my house for the shipping.