Do You Think Brock From Pokemon Is Black Or What?

Phalanx

Hey guys, I know it's not like me to talk about topics like this one out of the blue but I was thinking this: The other day in my art class, my friend was telling me about how brock from pokemon was black because of his faired colored skin complexion but I proved him wrong by saying that Brock is actually Japanese because in the Japanese version of the show, his name is Takeshi, which is a Japanese name. Therefore, Im convinced that he's Japanese. So I was just wanted to know whats your opinion about this? Do you think he's black or is he Japanese to you? I hope that we can have a little fun with this and I hope that this topic doesn't get locked to early because it violates the MW rules

P.S I'm black so I don't think this topic is racist

P.S I'm black so I don't think this topic is racist

You know it is possible to be black AND racist. :rolleyes:

Anyways, from what I can tell from watching pieces of the show while channel surfing the guy is definitely blind. Seriously, does the guy even open his eyes? He must therefore be asian, because he got good training from Master Poe from Kung Fu. ;)

I wouldn't be conivnced hes black myself, although if the show was American I might suggest his skin tone is darker to add diversity to the cast (what, 190-odd fluffy monsters isn't enough variety for ya?! :p ), but it should be noted that Japanese people can vary in skin tone just as even us pasty-pale Europeans can, so personally speaking, no...

I just searched the internet to find out more information about Brock's background it turns that he may be black instead of Japanese. Here's the proof:

Has anyone seen 5th episode of Pokemon? Here is a recap:

5. Showdown in Pewter City

gs: Ted Lewis (James/Flint)

As they approach the entrance to Pewter City, our heroes meet a strange and enigmatic old rock-seller named Flint. When he learns that Ash is a Pokémon Trainer in training, Flint strategically directs them to the town Pokémon Center knowing they will come across information that will help Ash progress in his journey. Ash discovers that in order to participate in the Pokémon League Championships, he must gather badges earned only by defeating Pokémon Gym Leaders. He heads directly to the Pokémon Gym and challenges the Gym Leader, Brock, but suffers a terrible defeat. Flint encourages the disappointed Ash and provides him with some insight into Brock's unusual situation. Brock must raise 10 brothers and sisters, all by himself, leaving him no foreseeable way in which to realize his dream of participating in the Pokémon League. Though Ash's image of Brock, the powerful Gym Leader, crumbles, his desire to earn a badge is unchanged. Preparing to challenge Brock a second time, Ash gives Pikachu a unique, intense training session. Will the new improved Pikachu be victorious the second time around, and will Brock experience a twist of fate enabling him to fulfill his dream of participating in the Pokémon league?

b: 14-Sep-1998 pc: 105

NOTE: Introductions: Brock, Geodude, Onix

Misty gives hint that water pokemon is her specialty.

The names of Brock's many siblings include Suzy, Tommy, Cindy and Timmy

Brock's mom deserted him in the Japanese version. 4Kids didn't like the idea of Brock having TWO dead-beat parents, so they said she died.

This is the first badge Ash earned without really defeating the gym leader.

Ash Pokemon line up for the Gym Battles-First Time-Pikachu Second Time-Pigeotto and Pikachu

Who's that Pokémon: Onix

Onix keeps it's original voice and call. Onix's Japanese name is Iwaaku.

In this episode, and some others, Pikachu is able to electrocute such Pokemon as Geodude and Onix. This is impossible because they are both ground Pokemon.

Original title: Nibi (Pewter) Gym Battle

The last time Ash tries getting Pikachu into its Pokeball.

The character Flint is named after a rock of the same name. So is the pokemon Onix.

TR (Team Rocket) are in this episode. They appear at the start and at the end. They were burying a trap for Ash, but they ended up getting trapped in it themselves. This episode is one of the rare ones where Ash & Co. have no interaction with TR (The Tower of Terror is another episode).

This is Brock's first episode. Actually, in the end he was supposed to stay at Pewter City, but Ash suceeded in convincing Brock to follow him.

de of pokemon.

The episode is nothing but a thinnly valed(sp) drug story. Brocks father is a " corner" selling "boulders". What are boulders? Big ass rocks. Brock's father is crackhead left his family, after his wife died. She possibly ODed. This is not what kids should watching!!! A crackhead episode. NO!!!!!

So basically I think that the Japanese suspiscously and cleverly made Brock black and the evidence that shows it is these steroetypes about him are pretty much the cold truth about us blacks. I didn't find it racist but I found it honestly rather hilarious and clever for them to do that. I wasn't offended by it but just rather shocked abiout in a positive way.

I will tell you now where Brock gets his complexion. He is the son of a famous actor and he emulates everything he does. A hint is provided below.

hollywoodpre4.jpg

None other than George Hamilton. Just look at that tan!

Oh, by the way... Someone please lock this stupid thread before it goes out of control.

Edited by Noriko Takaya

Lots of characters in Japanese anime have Japanese names, and are not necessarily meant to be ethnically Japanese. For example, Asuka in Evangelion is German.

But I believe, ethnically, he's from Kanto. Unless Kanto, Johto, and whatever are states.

Someone please lock this stupid thread before it goes out of control.

386039[/snapback]

Here. I'll help it along.

Does anyone here think that filipinos are the "n1ggers of Asia"? Because that's what I've heard some people have said.

Is it because we like to kick it on the porch and drink Jack Daniels all day?

Well before this topic is locked I just wanna give my final 2 cents. I think he's whatever you want him to be whether a medium skinned black, fair skinned Japanese teen, a White guy with a tan or both Blackanese IMHO. :lol::p