Fan Racer Vs Cat

I finally got some time to work on my fan racer, laid the pieces out on the table, turned my back for thirty seconds and found the cat chewing on the cockpit plastic windshield. :o<_< Can anyone give me a hand in finding a replacement or making me a copy? Willing to trade or purchase. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Cheers, Newbie

E-mail Henry or Jeffrey at Hobbyfan, I'm sure they'll be happy to send you a replacement. I would advise against making up a story to get a free part though, they may ask for pictures of the "defective part", they did when I had a bad VF-4 canopy they replaced, free, because of a defect they overlooked. So be honest, they may charge you a small fee cause it wasn't their fault, or they may just be cool with you and send it free anyways because you were honest about it.

Yup cats + toys don't mix. My sister's cat managed to chew on the propeller of a 1/18 scale Me-109 the same day I bought it. And last night when I was transforming my 1/48 CF my cat went for the box and the missiles. Luckily I scared him off before he bit down on it hard.

385192[/snapback]

Jeez, I feel lucky since my cat just don't chew all this stuff.... He prefers to sneack inside my 1/48 Roy Focker Box while I'm playing with it, and stays ther for a little nap. I think my cat has some ninja genes :ph34r:

He prefers to sneack inside my 1/48 Roy Focker Box while I'm playing with it, and stays ther for a little nap.

385292[/snapback]

Man... a box for a 1/48th Roy Fokker figure? That must be some tiny cat! ;P

:angry: this is why I keep a room closed off from my cats all my cool stuff goes into. Plus I can get away from the wife as well :lol: . 7 cats with the lightest at 18lbs and the heaviest at 27lbs. Thankfully they don't really eat my toys [often] but one or two love eating plastic bags... like the ones you store collectible comics in or yammies come factory sealed in :blink: . That isn't why I keep a "toy" room though... it's so I never again have to see a mib toy covered in cat vomit :blink: . :angry:

:angry: this is why I keep a room closed off from my cats all my cool stuff goes into. Plus I can get away from the wife as well :lol: . 7 cats with the lightest at 18lbs and the heaviest at 27lbs. Thankfully they don't really eat my toys [often] but one or two love eating plastic bags... like the ones you store collectible comics in or yammies come factory sealed in :blink: . That isn't why I keep a "toy" room though... it's so I never again have to see a mib toy covered in cat vomit :blink: . :angry:

385357[/snapback]

18lbs cats??? 27lbs cats??? My fatty's only 9lbs and she's already too heavy!

Lately my cat has taken an interest in my modeling table. I come home to find my brush-cleaning water cup tipped over EVERY DAY. She's begun to pull parts off of my Gundam's and bat them around the bathroom, even when I try to hide them inside of masking tape rolls.

Edited by armentage

Great idea on Hobbyfan - I sent them an email & explained what happened, hopefully I hear back from them. :) It's funny to hear all the other stories about cats, my wifes 25 pounder only seems to go after my Macross stuff. <_< If its not stored in cupboards & glass cabinets it'll be dragged off & eaten somewhere.

Ah well, when I get the response back from Hobbyfan I'll fill you guys in.

Cheers.

Won't see a cat in my house ever because Mrs. Memnon is deathly scared of cats. Until I met her I have never seen anyone react to cats the way she does. Frightened yelps and screams from her, the cats either just kind of look at her or run away.

I have found that when your cats start messing with your models it means they want attention. Normally mine stay away from my RC tanks even when they are shut off, now one is sleeping on the front deck of my 1/9 scale M1A2 even after being chased by it. Try playing with the cat a little every day and youll see that it will probably leave your stuff alone. The other cat just sleeps behind me in my hobby room chair when im working on something. Basically the cat is saying "Look at me".

Won't see a cat in my house ever because Mrs. Memnon is deathly scared of cats. Until I met her I have never seen anyone react to cats the way she does. Frightened yelps and screams from her, the cats either just kind of look at her or run away.

385545[/snapback]

Ha Ha! I used to have a neighbor who was afraid of cats. I had never seen anything like it either! I mean cats are small and usually much less aggressive than dogs, but she was terrified of my cats. Of course this just meant that my cats would hang out in her yard and around her car all the time. They would always go over into her yard and crap or piss in her garden. :o She never complained though. One time I had to chase my cat away from her car so she could get out! :lol: My cats were/are very friendly too. I think they just wanted to be friends, but my neighbor would just run away or stay inside if they were around. :rolleyes:

I'm probably in the minority with this statement.  "The only good cat is a dead cat."

385954[/snapback]

I used to feel that way until I got married. My wife insisted on having a cat and I like pets so that was that. Once the cat got in the house I realized how fun and friendly they can be. Most of the time they will do goofy things to entertain you and you don't even have to play with them much. Then, if you show them affection, they will become very friendly and great to have around. Male cats especially are fun to watch go through various antics. Female cats I've found tend to get more cranky and be less playful as they get older. The other thing is, if we go away for the weekend, we don't have to get someone to watch the cat. He takes care of himself.

My wife had to have a cat when we got married, so we got one, which was okay. But, then she started letting it sleep on our bed, and now he lays down right between us and just purrs away... It's okay, except that he tends to sleep facing my wife, and more than once, I've felt his tail whipping my face, and cracked an eye open to find his "pink eye" staring back at me. Not a pleasant thing to wake up to..... Luckily he hasn't chewed anything, espacially my models, or he'd be on the shoetip express for sure.

I've felt his tail whipping my face, and cracked an eye open to find his "pink eye" staring back at me.  Not a pleasant thing to wake up to.....

386355[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

Gotta love 'em.

Pink eyes that is, though I preffer the one's on women

Edited by Dante74

I might be able to help.  I've got a Tanmen original, and they come with resin vacuuform molds for the canopies.  I've got some vacuforming I've gotta do sometime soon, so I'll see if I can make you one while I'm at it.

385911[/snapback]

Sure I would greatly appreciate that because I don't own a vacuuform mold & no idea how to even use one. :) Let me know what the damage would be, I'll even throw in an old model - the Revell Robotech Changers. I still have several of these models, I bought them way back in the early 80's when you still couldn't get a lot of Japanese models in North America. Still one of my more favourite models to build, probably more for the nostalgia value than the actual detail.

Cheers :)

post-2615-1144129615_thumb.jpg