Penny Arcade

I think it's just you.  Have you seen their older stuff?  They DEFINATELY didn't look like Roy and Hikaru then.

Gabe's talked about his influences before, and he's never mentioned Macross or Robotech.  Or anime.

383728[/snapback]

Actually I just looked through some of the earliest strips from 1998 and boy did they look different back then. But the way they're drawn today I swear they bear a resemblance Hikaru and Roy even if it's a coincidence. I first noticed this when EGM started running some of these strips.

I think it's just you.  Have you seen their older stuff?  They DEFINATELY didn't look like Roy and Hikaru then.

Gabe's talked about his influences before, and he's never mentioned Macross or Robotech.  Or anime.

383728[/snapback]

I don't think they're interested in anime at all. IIRC, they were invited as special guests to Otakon 2002, but were put off by the experience there and declined the invitation to go the following year.

I have PA bookmarked and I'm pretty sure they're not into anime. One of the creators, Gabe, blogged on Wednesday about how they were invited to Sakuracon and consider it nice to be going considering how the last time they were there, they told the audience that they, "have never watched any manga" or something like that.