Debating Which (if Any) 1/48's To Get

David Hingtgen

Neova sold out since yesterday? Darn, now I have to resort to Ebay... (I'm pretty set on getting Milia if I get one)

PS---they look almost seamless? Oooh. Seamlessness is next to godliness, it's the plastic modelers motto!

My VF-11FP and YF-21FP are going up for sale here in a few days probably. And my Milia 1/60. Though I don't know if a opened Milia 1/60 with stickers applied goes for much.

Hey Dave if you don't know how seamless they look, check out the "custom toy" section and take a look at some of the members work eg. Kurt & Jung to name a couple - everybody else's as well! BTW most of these are "only" re-paints a couple of them have a few seems filled eg. on the "thigh" air intake (bottom side in fighter mode) but the quality of the toy speaks for itself!

Page one

Page two

Page three

Page four

Page five

...Mark

My VF-11FP and YF-21FP are going up for sale here in a few days probably.  And my Milia 1/60.  Though I don't know if a opened Milia 1/60 with stickers applied goes for much.

383160[/snapback]

You got PM.

Oh, you have no idea how good I am at resisting "complete the set-itis". :) FYI I have bought 4 of 5 members of a Transformers combiner team, and walked by the 5th member in the store for weeks. Never bought it, never wanted it. Take that Hasbro! (I used an Energon Aerialbot for the 4th limb heh heh)

If I was susceptible, I would have had to buy a 1/60 Max to go with my Milia.

PS--yes, I have gotten a lot of PM's about my -11. It'll go up for sale here in a few days with detailed description, etc.

DH: I've been on MW for quite awhile (before the forum moved house). And I bought my first Valk (of any size or manufacturer!) about a month ago. It's the 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru...and she's a beaut!

I am not a collector of any sort (except for my small vinyl record fetish). I don't plan on buying any more VF-1s. Different paint schemes and heads don't justify additional purchase for me, even though I could afford it. Also, I have no interest in buying FAST packs or GBP armor, because I truly love the aesthetics of the VF-1. However, I am willing to consider purchasing other VFs if I find the sculp pleasing.

It is worth getting, but for gawd's sake get the TV Max SUPER "J". That thing is the most unbelievably badass toy ever made and it won't turn yellow on you.

Low Viz a close second.

It is worth getting, but for gawd's sake get the TV Max SUPER "J".  That thing is the most unbelievably badass toy ever made and it won't turn yellow on you.

Low Viz a close second.

384541[/snapback]

Amen and Amen. My second favorite Valk, behind Miria's.

If they don't sell here I'm sure someone from ebay would want it.

Just put RARE RARE RARE RARE.

Cuz this (VF11FP) is generally pretty rare I think. Also explain in the description that it is a better version than the earlier non fast pack versions since it doesn't have the fragile hip problem as a way to explain it would hold its value much more than the earlier one.

And then of course put a "for sale" ad in your sig to advertise that it is for sale incase nobody sees it here.

If it still dosn't sell, keep it and wait for the value to go up. (constantly watch ebay prices)

I think people's wallets are anticpating the vf0 and spent on all the money on all the upcoming 1/48 stuff (stealth, gbp, garland etc) so theres no money left. :D

Me, I have scrapped enough to buy a vfo but I am waiting for some reviews instead of preordering. But everyday I am tempted to spend the money on some games. :D

edit: some ebay prices on 1/72s

yf21 FP: :o

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/YF-21-Yamato-Valkyr...1QQcmdZViewItem

vf11 fp:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VF-11B-Yamato-Valky...1QQcmdZViewItem

vf19a Game edition:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/YF-19A-Yamato-Valky...1QQcmdZViewItem

:blink::lol: (can't wait till they reach low vis price! :D)

Yf19:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/YF-19-Yamato-Valkyr...1QQcmdZViewItem

ridiculous, nobody will buy that.

RARE RARE RARE

out of control I tell ya

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I am window shopping for a 1/48 Valk too. This will be my first since childhood.

I'm set on the Hikaru VF-1A to start but want the Fast Pack to go with.

Question 1: How hard are the Super Sets to find? I've been looking and have only seen the Cannon Fodder (a few times) and the series Hiraku VF-1J (once).

Super Max and Milia TV?

Strike parts are reletavely easy to to score but what do I do about the matching decals?

Question 2: Waterslides are the way to go I hear? Does "??"usually have variants to match them available? That way I could settle with getting the Strikes seperately. Either way I guess the waterslides are the best bet. Are these...

http://www.tmpanime.com/index.php?main_pag...sort=20a&page=4

by Anasazi37 the same?

<Before I go to the Wanted section, I thought I'd seek market advice first>

Thanks guys for your feedback.

Noobs,

Rei

I think what most are doing are just buying the Fast Packs and applying the decals as they wish to suit the character/ mecha. Forgive me I didn't realize this until now. I will PM Anasazi37 for them.

Edited by rei