Pencil sharpener Hikaru is around 1/48 scale!!

wm cheng

Hey, has anyone noticed that the Hikaru pencil sharpener is around 1/48 scale, pretty perfect to pose beside the 1/48 Yamato Valkyrie. Anyone taken him off the pencil sharpener?

post-4-1065046682_thumb.jpg

Hey, has anyone noticed that the Hikaru pencil sharpener is around 1/48 scale, pretty perfect to pose beside the 1/48 Yamato Valkyrie. Anyone taken him off the pencil sharpener?

:D I was having such a hard time finding the stupid thing that I had to get it recasted. Knight26 also put one in his 1/48. Looked great.

Yeah, I remember seeing the original post about this discovery and then finally being able to see it at MW con 3. It was pretty sweet. It adds a lot of detail but I don't have a 1/48 and there wasn't an original pilot to compare to. Anybody got side by side pics?

While your at it can you recast the minmay too. She'd look awful nice next to a valk. Sell them in a 2 pack.

:D

I don't have the Minmay sharpener. The original isn't even mine. It was lent to me by Solscud, which was originally given to him by Seichii... I don't have a price because I'm not the one doing the recasting. I gave the piece to Rohby because I didn't want to screw it up. :p I'll ask him when I see him again or shoot him a PM.

Sweet, if Rohby is doing the recast, I'll take a couple. I could also let him borrow my Minmay to recast.

I do remember that the person that did replace his pilot with the pencil sharpener said that he had to shave some plastic off of Hikaru's butt to get him to sit low enough in the cockpit.

Can you reshape resin after it's cast? I mean will we be able to reshape the recast legs to get him in the cockpit? (Of course that means I need a 1/48. :unsure: )

Sweet, if Rohby is doing the recast, I'll take a couple. I could also let him borrow my Minmay to recast.

I do remember that the person that did replace his pilot with the pencil sharpener said that he had to shave some plastic off of Hikaru's butt to get him to sit low enough in the cockpit.

Can you reshape resin after it's cast? I mean will we be able to reshape the recast legs to get him in the cockpit? (Of course that means I need a 1/48. :unsure: )

I doubt it... the material is different from resin. It's a bit rubbery. Sean (Knight26) boiled his sharpener figure and then bent him to a sitting position. Then proceeded to shave his butt. (well, hikaru's... not his own :p ) Yeah, he sadistic mofo... LOL.

I doubt it... the material is different from resin. It's a bit rubbery. Sean (Knight26) boiled his sharpener figure and then bent him to a sitting position. Then proceeded to shave his butt. (well, hikaru's... not his own :p ) Yeah, he sadistic mofo... LOL.

Doesn't it sort of defeat the purpose of the recast then?

People, people why so lazy? Just a little shave here and snip and a tuck and you can glue those legs 90 degress to get the look you want. Or recast the Yamato 1/48 pilot whiel we're at it and frankenstein the two. Use the legs from the 1/48 pilot and the upper torso from the Pencil Sharpener. This should be a breeze compared to a tanmen sd pilot fitting into a Joke Machine.

People, people why so lazy? Just a little shave here and snip and a tuck and you can glue those legs 90 degress to get the look you want. Or recast the Yamato 1/48 pilot whiel we're at it and frankenstein the two. Use the legs from the 1/48 pilot and the upper torso from the Pencil Sharpener. This should be a breeze compared to a tanmen sd pilot fitting into a Joke Machine.

Or just make your own from scratch, right?

Not everyone is the surgeon that Nick is. Boy's got STEADY hands! He was helping me paint my pilots for my custom VF-1D 1/55 a couple years ago. When I tried to just paint in a couple lines, it was all over the place. When he did it, it looked BOOTIFUL!

Not for me. I just wanted the pilot standing up. So I could display it next to his valk. Like I said, I asked Rohby as a favor to myself... Sorry George... :(

:)

That's cool. If Rohby's still willing to hook the rest of us up I'll still sign up for a couple. I guess I'll try hacking and slashing them with my meager skills.