High Nu Gundam

Sebastian

So I got this Core Works Convertion Kit form a guy in HK. Well... what can I say. The sculpt is suppa cool looking, but the cast is HORRIBLE. Really, At the beggining I really put a lot of work on this kit, but after two weeks I just got tired... nothing fits, the seam lines are HUGE, it is all crooked and un even. Panel lines are a real disaster. Well, after all I "kinda finish" this thing, considering all the ours invested I must say this model I made SUCKS but it still looks presentable.

If any one of you guys wanna buy this kit, be advised, it IS a crappy kit.

Some pics:

That's one of my issues of resin or recasts........they're just not as good as the original...........but even if its original..........its still resin.....now I never messed with the stuff cause it takes to much time, money and effort.....and right now that's just not what I got set in for.

So was this made for the MG or was this the really over priced 1/48 I hear so much about?

The overpriced 1/48 you are talking about is the G-System Kit... wich I think must be like 1000000000X better than this Core Works Casting.

This kit is a convertion Set, so yep, it is made for the 1/100 MG kit.

And you should see the decals printing quality...

Are you sure it's an original coreworks kit, or is it a recast of the coreworks? I've bought three coreworks originals, and 2 recasts of coreworks, and the originals are all excellent casts, no air bubbles, clean, everything fits together. The recasts, on the other hand, are warped, details are missing, and pieces generally don't line up well...

Where can I get these conversion kits for reasonable prices?  I've seen the ones on Hobbyfan, but they often cost over $100!  $100 of pieces for a $30 kit is just too much for me.

368429[/snapback]

Uhm, these kits never cost $30 - and you'll be lucky to find the recasts for that little. The original CoreWorks kits cost anywhere from $130 to $200, and the recasts of these kits cost anywhere from $60 to $110, depending on the kit and number of parts...

Working with resin does take considerably more effort than building your standard injection-mold model, that's just part of the whole deal. I enjoy working with resin, and I've managed to make some horribly bad recasts look pretty decent (it just takes a lot of effort)

looks great to me, one would never know you had difficulty working with the parts!

Where can I get these conversion kits for reasonable prices?  I've seen the ones on Hobbyfan, but they often cost over $100!  $100 of pieces for a $30 kit is just too much for me.

368429[/snapback]

Uhm, these kits never cost $30 - and you'll be lucky to find the recasts for that little. The original CoreWorks kits cost anywhere from $130 to $200, and the recasts of these kits cost anywhere from $60 to $110, depending on the kit and number of parts...

368489[/snapback]

I meant that the underlying Gundam kits cost around $30 (and up ofcourse). I was hoping for CoreWorks alternatives that cost something closer to the $30 mark.

Are you sure it's an original coreworks kit, or is it a recast of the coreworks?  I've bought three coreworks originals, and 2 recasts of coreworks, and the originals are all excellent casts, no air bubbles, clean, everything fits together.  The recasts, on the other hand, are warped, details are missing, and pieces generally don't line up well...

368488[/snapback]

I am sure it is a recast. After all I got it in Hong Kong... This one was really bad, I did put a lot of work on it but it was almost an interminable work.

Where can I get these conversion kits for reasonable prices?  I've seen the ones on Hobbyfan, but they often cost over $100!   $100 of pieces for a $30 kit is just too much for me.

368429[/snapback]

368489[/snapback]

I thik the hobbyfan ones are same as mine, HK recasts. I just saw a feedback left in Hobby fan by a client an he was complaining in pretty much the same way I did. He even bought same kits I did! the FA and the H. Nu. LOL!

I got mine for about 70 USD.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, it looks great!

368381[/snapback]

I second that!

368495[/snapback]

Thank you guys.

Did it not include the fannel-fins that hang off the side rear backpack pieces?

369217[/snapback]

Errrr Yep I do have them, as well have the gun, but I got lazy... maybe in the next few years I will finish those parts.

Edited by Sebastian

why does it list amore ray as the pilot?

370237[/snapback]

This is what Amuro pilots in the novel version of Char's Counterattack, Beltorchika's Children.

This was the story that was supposed to be in CCA. The main difference is that Beltorchika (who appeared in Z) is still Amuros girlfried (instead of the girl we see in CCA) .

Also, instead of the Char's Sazabi you have the cool looking Nightingale B)) (I sooo much want an affortable model of this thing...). msn-04ii.jpg

I'll finish them for you!  Seriously, it's a shame to see it without the funnels....

370161[/snapback]

Wow, kind offer! But he should do it himself. Lazy old man.

:p

It's not a Nu Gundam without the funnels!

370165[/snapback]

Ok, Ok. I WILL finish those funnels and the big gun...

Later will post some pics of the finished thing.

The quality of this pictures are not so good, that is why you guys wont see the many mistakes this model comes with. I know a resin means more work, but this guy was just wrong.