Studio Half Eye

kanedaestes

So every now and then i head over the the studio half eye site and see what products they are turning out. Long time ago i got real excited because of the great work that they were doing with the getter robo franchise. Now i go back over and i see something i never thought i would ever see in toy form. A transform gunbuster figure based off the original show and buster machine 1 and 2. i dont know if this was already covered in the gunbuster thread, but that thread is so big that i just thought i throw it over here. If you don't already, i encourage everyone one to head over to there site and see the great looking products they put out. Only real problem is that the site is all in japanese, but if i can find my way around there i'm sure you all can too.

http://halfeye.m78.com/

Edited by kanedaestes

as a big Studio Halfeye collector I am really looking forward to this, i am hoping to save up some money this year and pick one up. I am still waiting to get my last God Sigma Gravion.

chris

Dumb question, but are all Studio Halfeye products unassembled and require lots of touch up work (like sanding) and painting?

There's some nice stuff there, preferrably these that I'd be interested in:

http://halfeye.m78.com/products/shin1b/shin1b.html

http://halfeye.m78.com/products/gldy/gldy.html

http://halfeye.m78.com/products/gfg/gfg/gfg.html

http://halfeye.m78.com/products/sw_dann/dann.html

And of course, the Gunbuster looks pretty nice too. Can anyone give me some details on the ones in the links? I'm aware of the costs (from $100-$600).

hi most of there new stuff is already assembled like a toy, so there is no sanding or anything. they are made out of precolored resin and are hand assembled by them. so once you get it you are already to display. you can use a screwdriver to tighten the screws so they will hold there poses better. I have a Shin Getter that is similar to the one you show as well as a few other things. there are 2 versions of the getter 1 i have the other it is almost the same. you should check out there Perfect Change Getter Robo it is incredible, it is about 10 inches tall and the details on it are amazing almost every part transforms in some way or another. I have mine but i am leaving it in the package for now until i get my next Ikea case. I also love there mini change Dragon Kizer and Great Exkaiser. I am hoping the Gunbuster will be big as well it already looks awesome, and for over $500.00 it had better be :p all the stuff you posted is preassembled, watch out though there are 2 gaofighgars one is ready to display the other needs to be painted and put together.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

here is my Shin Getter 1, it is very cool quite a good size for him, bigger then the Soul of Chogokin Getter Robo and Getter Dragon. alot of good detail and the ability to split apart into the main 3 ships is really neat. almost every little part transforms on him in some way or another, it is only when you own it and play around with it do you realize the detail and creativity that went into designing it. I want to get the Getter 2 soon as well.

getter.jpg

Here are the Simple Change Series, despite being called simple they are anything but, the Dragon Kizer has tons of precolored parts, they are about the size of a Gundam MSIA, i want to get the Getter Dragon and Getter Robo if i can. I also have the Exkaiser but have not got him in yet, Rinkya just shipped so maybe i will post pics when i get him.

gravion2.jpg

My baby, and one of my most expensive toys, or at least until I get my Gunbuster :p this is a old picture. right now this box is wrapped in bubblewrap and stored away until i get my next Ikea Detolf. this thing has to be seen to be believed, you should see the imagination that went into designing him. it looks like the Gun Buster is of the same calibre some I am really hopefully for it. every little part moves, i only played around with him for a few minutes but was blown away with the amount of parts and movement. the thing on your first try transforming and looking at the manual can take over a hour because there is so much tha moves and changes. when i get my case i will be keeping him in Getter 1 mode which is the nicest. by the way if anyone here has Studio halfeye stuff please post pictures this could become one of the greatest threads on this site in my veiw. if you guys have anything please post pictures and reveiws, specially the VF-5000B :wub:

hmatusi-img574x377-1134744662g-3.jpg

Edited by zeo-mare

• 4 months later...

yup the mightgaine is due out any day now, the Mightkizer and Mightgunner are next, as well as Dinogeist from Exkizer. this price is normal for the Simple Change series.

chris

If you do dig through the Gunbuster thread you'll find details of the upcoming Soul of Chogokin version which will be twice as large and 1/3 of the cost of SHE's.

404464[/snapback]

Eh? I had the impression the SHE one was huge as heck. If that' s the case, there's almost no reason to get the SHE one over the SOC.

If you do dig through the Gunbuster thread you'll find details of the upcoming Soul of Chogokin version which will be twice as large and 1/3 of the cost of SHE's.

404464[/snapback]

Eh? I had the impression the SHE one was huge as heck. If that' s the case, there's almost no reason to get the SHE one over the SOC.

404539[/snapback]

SHE stuff and "huge as heck" aren't words you should ever expect to hear together. :(

I belive their Gunbuster stands at around 18cm, Bandai's will be somewhere in the region of 30cm.

edit, I just checked and SHE Gunbuster is 17cm head height, 21.5cm to the tips of the shoulders.

At least, I'm presuming that's what it says,

http://halfeye.m78.com/products/gunbuster/gbuster.html

Edited by Fort Max

• 1 month later...