Vf-19 1/100 (bandai Variable Kit)

Doctor Paragon

Yeah they are the snap fit kits.

As for fragility, How so?   Cheap plastic?

360497[/snapback]

They are models made of thin styrene plastic, they aren't sturdy toys.

360654[/snapback]

I have a ton of gundam models so I am familliar with the blastic that Bandai

uses for kits. So far no I've suffered no breakages even after my MG

Gundam Speigel shelf dove last year.

How are they ugly? That is what has me intrigued.

I've owned and built several of these kits over the past decade.

Yes, they are snap-fit, but like most snap-fit kits benefit from the odd dab of glue here and there.

The kits are mostly molded in the correct colors and come with foil stickers. Of course they look much better if painted.

They are not perfect transformation and the hands, head and lower torso section all have to be removed to transform from Battroid to Fighter mode.

They are actually pretty sturdy kits (about the same as Gundam HG kits) as long as you treat them like models and not so much as toys. The only real weak point on the kits are a small tab on each wing, which slots into a hole on the outside of the lower leg in fighter mode. I've had this tab break on me before a couple of times.

I'm actually having one built up for me now as a VF-19F by a professional model builder, although it won't be ready for a few months. I'll post pics when it's done.

Graham

They are nice kits. They're not as nice as the original VF-1 transformable series (1/72), but really close. The new VF'sa are more complicated in transformation; that's all. I have both kits and have built one of them. Like Graham said, a little glue at the right spots helps a lot! don't expect them to look like the Hasagawa kits though because these are transformable and have to work in all modes. These are just like the Bandai MG kits only better (because they're Macross :lol: )

Never had a tab broke on the model before the joints exploded, but I do recomend sanding down the polycaps. Think those things expand due to temp diffences in the day/night cycle and pop goes joint.

Also the foil stickers don't stick too well. best to paint it.

edit: heres a pic of one of the joints from the model kit after some digging into my spare parts box.

post-898-1137542224.jpg

Edited by Zentrandude

These are just like the Bandai MG kits only better (because they're Macross :lol: )

361373[/snapback]

I'd say that the VF-19 kits are more like HG kits. They don't have infra-structure pieces, and aren't molded along color boundries for easy painting. I think they come molded in 3 colors, gray, yellow, and red. It helps, but it's not quite the same as an MG kit that comes molded in 6 or 7 different colors.

• 1 year later...

I know this post is about a year old.. but i recently got this kit(kai). and it makes me realize why 1/60 vf19 cost one hundred and some when this kit only cost less than 20 dollars.

first it's structure is very weak. the landing gear makes this model's structure very weak. i have problem folding the landing gear in b/c the so side is warped in and it requires a little push to widen the two side inorder to put the landing gear in.

and the wings.. when in airplane mode it wasn't close to the leg and there are visible gaps everywhere. and in airplane mode the shield doesn't stay on it's hands. and the covers from the shoulder(when in airplane mode) doesn't fit and the landing gear on both legs (in robot mode) is really ugly. oh the shoulder doesn't transform when in airplane mode. the shoulder doesn't sink into the body enough.. so it looks like the shoulder is sticking out a little bit too much. but VF19s do have bigger shoulder than the vf19A so who knows.. i might have to watch the anime to check again.

I have the 1/144 vf 11 custom which comes with two (one robot one plane) and i believe if it's the airplane side that you want. this is not a good kit for the airplane mode. but as for the robot mode. it beat the 1/144's posability.

so it's a good kit if you have it as robot mode 24/7

PS. for vf 19 kai. it comes with two face

PS2. it doesn't FULLY transform. it cheats a little, there is a addon to it torso when in robot mode.

This kit is the first macross kit in my life!

And I just repaired it about month ago. I fixed it for post in Battroid mode only. This one is not good in transformation.

The good thing of this kit is cheapest transformable VF-19.