Super Deal For Super Vf-1s

Solscud007

whoops that is supposed to be VF-1j not VF-1S ( mods please fix thanks)

Ok so the regular Socal MWers went to F&S. bobepat and i went to TSINC and we saw a Super VF-1S sitting on the counter in box. With postit notes saying

Broken Nose

$120

we did a double take and started fighting over who would buy it. BP had no cash but my brother did. So I won it. Tsinc would take a credit card but woudl charge tax and BP hesitated. Only thing is my brother only had 110 and BP wasnt gonna let me borrow 10 bucks to get it. So i called up Eternal D and asked if I could borrow 10 bucks, he was still parking at tthe time. So I gave TSINC 110 and waited for Eternal D to show up. haha!!!! $120!!!!!

So upon inspection the nose is not broken. I think that teh dealers dont know their product well enough that the nosecone is detachable. Also BP said that some one returned it, probably some newbie who like RT or macross but doenst know the intricasies of Yamato 1/48 and that the nosecone is detachable.

SO . . . I swooped it up for 120.

When i got home i noticed that there are NO ARM ARMOURS!!!!!!!!!

but hey for 120 i am pleased.

Oh this is my only 1/48 since I traded my VF-1S Hikaru a while back. So now I will get teh VF-1S hikaru now that it is being reissued.

Oh and the box was a little dinged up but WHO CARES!!!!!

dsc054977ly.jpg

dsc054989qa.jpg

dsc054993mg.jpg

dsc055001vq.jpg

i put my DYRL fast pack arm armour on.

Edited by Solscud007

Where are the vernier ducts?

BTW. Does anyone else think it's funny that BP wouldn't lend him $10? Hehehe.

358408[/snapback]

yep :lol:

I personally would have loaned it to him... at 500% interest compounded daily... :lol:

I have been noticing a curse or trend if you will, with my good deals for macross items.

THEY NEVER HAVE ARM ARMOR!!!!!!!!

WTF my free mint GBP 1/55 had no arm armor, my other cheap $70 1/55 GBP had no arm armor and now my VF-1J Super has no armor.

its a conspiracy.

hey i try not to nit pick. I meant the condition of the box and the stryofoam and the toy itself. Aside that it is missing the arm armor. Stop splitting hairs haha.

well if you got ar armors all i need is one. if you got it. or I wll buy the pair off you/

You mean the intake covers? I have them. I just didnt put them on

358426[/snapback]

Ah cool.

Do you know if there was a F&S meet during the last MW con?

358429[/snapback]

Yeah, we took Mechamaniac and his friend to that and a bunch of other places.

Nice find solscud! 

Man, I miss having access to F&S.  We need something like that on the east coast.  The anime stores in NYC are pretty sad.  Mandarake LA is closed now right?

358535[/snapback]

yup. That place closed down. I liked that place because they had some of the rarest toys and books there. dang it.... :(

Nice find solscud! 

Man, I miss having access to F&S.  We need something like that on the east coast.  The anime stores in NYC are pretty sad.  Mandarake LA is closed now right?

358535[/snapback]

yup. That place closed down. I liked that place because they had some of the rarest toys and books there. dang it.... :(

358538[/snapback]

Yeah, seriously. They always had stuff I had never seen before at least in person.

ahh i was at f&s around 11am and i almost bought that super vf-1j from tinsc, but i hesitated because i am saving up for the gbp-1, vf-1s hic, and vf-0, plus i already have the super vf-1j. funny thing was that the guy was convincing me to buy it but i couldnt understand a word he was saying cuz he was speaking in a heavy chinese or vietnamese accent. then to top it off he was asking me how to say 42 dollars in spanish. i bet you guys are wondering why i thought that was funny, well do to the fact that im asian how in the hell would i know how to say frigging $42 in spanish.

anyways when i looked at the super vf-1j did it have the movie syle hands? cuz when i looked in the box it looked like they where missing and it only had the tv hands

ahh i was at f&s around 11am and i almost bought that super vf-1j from tinsc, but i hesitated because i am saving up for the gbp-1, vf-1s hic, and vf-0, plus i already have the super vf-1j. funny thing was that the guy was convincing me to buy it but i couldnt understand a word he was saying cuz he was speaking in a heavy chinese or vietnamese accent. then to top it off he was asking me how to say 42 dollars in spanish. i bet you guys are wondering why i thought that was funny, well do to the fact that im asian how in the hell would i know how to say frigging $42 in spanish.

anyways when i  looked at the super vf-1j did it have the movie syle hands? cuz when i looked in the box it looked like they where missing and it only had the tv hands

358583[/snapback]

oh yeah it doenst have the skelton hands. but who cares haha

anyways when i  looked at the super vf-1j did it have the movie syle hands? cuz when i looked in the box it looked like they where missing and it only had the tv hands

358583[/snapback]

I'm asian, and I know how to say $42 in spanish... wait, tisinc had something for $42? :lol: But then again, half my family is fluent in spanish.

oh yeah it doenst have the skelton hands. but who cares haha

358659[/snapback]

i care i like the skelton hands

Don't most school systems force their students to choose some form of language class for at least 2 years?

358662[/snapback]

yea LAUSD had me take two years of spanish in highschool, I forgot everything i learned after finals where over, plus learning how to say "please pass the fork" in spanish didnt really prepare me for the real world.