Space: 1999 Fans

I am probably one of the biggest fans of that dilapidated 70's era Star Trek rip-off that you will ever know, and the Eagle Transporter is probably one of my most favorite of science fiction space craft. I wish I had known about these posters before now. Just look at some of the detail that was put into these. Has anyone out there who is a fan of the show have them? If so, what are they like up close?

eagle01.jpg

eagle04.gif

Edited by Noriko Takaya

Great show

357610[/snapback]

Great show if you can ignore the extremely bad science of the moon being blown out of orbit and then encountering a new planet or new alien race each week. Didn't bother me as a kid, but now it's a bit too much suspension of disbelief.

Graham

I had the Eagle toy as well when I was a kit. The really big one. However I was one of those kids that needed realizm...so as time went on it became "battle-damaged" by way of a lighter. Soon it became so damaged that it had an encounter with the sun (i.e. Big Fire) and met it's final demise. Man those were great times.

Back on topic...those posters really kick butt! I want one!

Rob

Heh and the laser pistols that looked like staple guns.

Graham

357621[/snapback]

You mean this one? This is one I scratch built about ten years ago. I even have the commlock communicator device.

stungun.jpg

I remember fondly, the large Eagle toy from Matyel that I used to have when I was a kid.

You know, I also had that same toy set-up. It came with three figures, Koenig, Bergman, and Russell, and had the stunguns and a laser rifle. There was also a winch where you could lift stuff, and the command module separated from the main body and linked with the rear engines. I had that thing for years up until I went into the Corps and then it mysteriously disappeared...