Missile Trail Testing

chrono

And when I tried the smoketrail file I got this:

Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. Be sure the path is typed correctly. If it is, the file does not exist at the specified location, or the computer where the file is stored is offline.

354866[/snapback]

That's odd. :huh: The video is Divx 5.1 & this is really sounding like a server problem. I had trouble just getting the forum to load these.

And this is the final test.

I tweaked every setting including the animation path(which oddly has control over how well this setup works and something I now know how to circumvent in future animations). I also adding bump-mapping for extra depth(via noise) and found that adding that gives the trail a kinda of shadowing(the can cast shadows but the trail doesn't make them or recieve them) that doesn't make much(if any) hit on rendertimes.

Oh forgive the jumps the camera when ape again(something that's impossible to fix). <_<

smoketrailFINedited.zip

I think my next animation test will be either explosion clouds or impacts, don't know.