Beginner: Help About 1/48's...

genocide

hi! just started collecting toys this year... and i've had enough of gundam kits... broken parts here and there... except maybe for my MG wing zero custom... but the feathers are killing me... they keep falling off!!

anyway, are the 1/48s durable? what type of plastic does it have??

i've seen threads here about broken parts... are they common???

THANX!!

Rock solid as long as you don't try to make them do something they're not suppose to. Some things can be a hassle (the heatshield might pop off during transportation, the missiles might pop off, that sort of thing) but usually they don't involve anything broken... just a little time to correct. Even those tend to be pretty rare occurances... you'll find these toys to be highly recommended.

The 1/48s aren't really meant for play, IMO. More of a hardy display piece.

There are minor parts that tend to fall off like jenius says, but other than that, its a positively beautiful figure - you won't be able to buy just one!

The figure suffers from almost a complete lack of any die-cast, but the plastic is certainly durable and high quality. Be careful of the backpack hinge though.

When you buy fast packs you will be scared of the amount of weight it adds to the toy. Anything heavy should not be dropped. And when you have it in battroid mode wearing them on its back and the little plastic that holds the backpack upwards looking scary in times when you might accidently flip this off, you will remember to be careful.

When transforming, I would recommend taking all that heavy stuff off first. The thing is expensive, but not weak. Just that lots of pressure and weight seems to rest on a small hinge in some areas so this is why care should be taken here. (the backpack should go all the way into the body.) Limbs won't just fall off and feel loose like a banpresto or anything. It is generally tough all round.

One of the complaints I've heard is that the little micromissiles tend to pop out of the fast packs so if you were pissed at the feathers coming off on the gundam kit, maybe this will be a problem for you, but so far I haven't had any problems here. It will be interesting to see how the gbp missiles will fit and if they will fall out if you hold it upside down and shake it a little. Maybe people want these to pop out suddenly like in the anime. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I bought my first 1/48 CF about a month ago. After a couple of transformations the rubber started seeping out of the hip joint. It's something thats quickly fixed though.

Bleeding hip thread.

I thought that I wouldn't buy any more but I just put in an order for a TV Hikaru VF-J and a Yamato displaystand, and I've got my eyes on a Roy VF-S with strikepacks.

I guess Majestic is right, it's king of adictive, this toy collecting game.

btw, anybody know if the Yamato displaystands are any good?

does the joints loosen easily after being transformed for several times? can the loose joints be remedied?

another thing, i'v observed that the ball joints that connects the body to the legs are somewhat thin? I've observed this when in battroid mode..

vf1a13le.jpg

does this part have any issues? do they break easily?

it doesnt break easily and AFAIK there has never been any single report of breakage on that area. That's becuz its made of metal (dont ask me what kind of metal did yamato use) and therefore sturdy enough for 1 million & 1 transformations...

ha..ha..ha

not funny

aaajin

Edited by aaajin

the 1/48 are certainly out classing the valks from some other companies.

I think they are worth it and I'm playing catch up to many Mworld collectors.

I wouldn't throw one in the air for fun :blink: but they have been very sturdy.

If it does break you can always sell it for spare parts or for custom.

The joints are actually stiff. Not like the 1/72 yf21 I have. The only problem are the chicken hands: the wrist is articulated but given how small the hand is, I'm not so sure it can bear the weight of the gunpod completely without a little looseness. The tv fixed-pose bubble hands don't have the problem of course. I think there was a trick to make the poseable hands a little more stiff though..

1/48 is basically the true Master Piece of vf1 for now. If they sold these like HG sold thier toynami ones in special packaging, with a limit of how many produced, who knows how high prices would go for one?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Just shut up and buy it! I'm just playing! :) The 1/48 changed my hole collection. I love them so much I'm broke. I just want two of each! But that is impossible :( Ay least I was able to get 4 CFs! Man you don't know what you're missing, but remember, you must handle them like a lady. They can break if you don't transform them the way the are supposed be transformed.

Get one at least, you'll see what we're talking about!