Macross Plus Toys

kensei

There had been some talk about larger scale Macross Plus Toys or 1/48 or 1/60 awhile back, when I couldn't remember. Is this a dream or a hopeless fantasy? I'd like to know before I would consider getting the Current Mac+ valks of which I don't have much of an opinion of. Honestly, if Yamato can make a toy as good as the 1/48 DYRL line, they can make better and more highly detailed Macross Plus Toys.

.....everybody's looking for somthing. :D

I also hope we'll see three (even one would be fine with me) of the 1/48 Macross Plus valkyries by the end of next year. Considering that MOST of them are going to be larger than the 1/48 VF-1. I think that the issue of playbility vs. display piece comes to mind. If it's too large it's gonna end up a glorified desk piece (not that there's anything wrong with that). B)

As long as they finally give the VF-11 some damn tailfins...

Vostok 7

Exactamundo... and a better sculpt for the VF-19

man, a 1/48 yf-21, that would be awesome. I hope they can fix the whole weight problem that they had in the 1/72 series. I have trouble leaving mine in gerwalk mode without it falling back. Same with the fastpacks version. And now if they make a 1/48 version, that thing is going to be hella heavy! :p:D:lol:

I for one have always said that I would like the 1/48 line to be reserved for "special" and "rare" valks....

BUT... I really love the M+ valks, and would definitely not mind seeing the YF-19, -21, and -11B in 1/48 scale.

Reality or Fantasy??? Who knows... Maybe Graham, but he can't talk unless he wants to be assasinated by a Yamato Ninja. :lol:

Yes to whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Hopeless fantasy? (so that the question isn't so ambiguous any more).

BTW you reckon they'll throw in the Ghost X-9 as well? I've honestly never seen a toy or model of it.

Vostok was right about the tailfins on the VF-11 though. Way too small. They gotta also work out how to get an internally built heatshield!

The VF-19A and the YF-19 both did not have a very good look in GERWALK mode, the legs did not flex as much at the knee joint as I would have liked to get that nice bird-like leg look. And the wings...oh my god! They are way too thick. Horrible Horrible. It should look like the one in the Model Graphix magazine, nice smooth flat and wide.

The YF-21 actually looks like the most accurate of the lot in my opinion. Except for the legs. The silhoette

of it almost looks like my gangly legged overwieght swimming coach! :lol: Isn't the YF-21 meant to have way thicker legs than that!

Edited by kensei

Posted on Sep 30 2003, 01:29 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry, you will see the new YF-19 before the end of next year, although even I don't know exactly when.

As for a redesigned YF-21 or VF-11B, anything is possible.

Graham

Hey Graham,

didn't you seriously think to dedicate your life to politics? You have a strange ability to speak without saying anything... :blink:

We're sooo excited waiting for the upcoming news... please, show mercy!!! Can't you at least say something like "what I have seen is by far the best vf-19 ever" or "the upcoming yf is very very cool..." something, pleeeeaseee!!! Mercy, master, mercy!! :(

:rolleyes:

mcpaz

Hey Graham,

didn't you seriously think to dedicate your life to politics? You have a strange ability to speak without saying anything... :blink:

We're sooo excited waiting for the upcoming news... please, show mercy!!! Can't you at least say something like "what I have seen is by far the best vf-19 ever" or "the upcoming yf is very very cool..." something, pleeeeaseee!!! Mercy, master, mercy!! :(

:rolleyes:

mcpaz

I think he does it just to watch us squirm. Kinda like a kid with an ant mound and a magnifying glass on a sunny day. Cruel bastard ... :D

Seriously, there was a rumor going around not that long ago supposedly from a reliable source in Yamato that the 19 and 21 were going to be released in 1/48, but who knows if it was true. That and some of the other information leaked from that source caused quite the little stink around here (most of you know what I'm referring to, so I won't elaborate) and consequently got some people in trouble. Make what you will of that.

I for one would love to see one of each, since none of the 1/72 series they released so far did any of the Macross Plus valks justice. I bet they'll do it eventually, especially in light of the sales they've so far seen of the existing 1/48 line. Just not soon enough to shut us up. ;)

Hopeless fantasy?

Yes ; Why ? use the search button and read all the past ''I want 1/48 Y/VF-XX'' threads or whatever.

BTW you reckon they'll throw in the Ghost X-9 as well?

I surely damn hope so , the Ghost has as much importance(if not more) in the OVAs as the VF-11 , and yet we haven't seen any sign of Yamato ever considering making a Ghost X-9. I don't care if it doesn't transform , they still can put a lot of detail in it if they wanted to (like opening missile bays with micro missiles inside , or FPs and whatnot ).

If they are taking the time to re-release M+ toys , why the heck don't they make the most of their license (see my thread) and release a damn VF-5000B for a change !?

Yes, the B variant was featured in the M+:GE game for PSOne so they could easily make one , as well as a lot of other VFs (like the neo glaug which didn't appear at all in M7 and the VF-14 which is seen in the Movie ).

I would really be pissed off if they decide to release huge , unpractical , 1/48 M+ toys , not because I don't want spectacular M+ toys but because I belive Yamato is now able to make good quality toys without the need for them to make them in 1/48 scale (look at the Q-Rau and Mosnter ; furthermore , if they weren't sure that they can offer high quaility toys in smaller scales they wouldn't have decided to go with 1/72 for the upcoming M0 toys ;) )

I belive Yamato is now  able to make good quality toys without the need for them to make them in 1/48 scale (look at the Q-Rau and Mosnter

the Q Rau and monster? who knows what their quality will be when they're released? and as far as scale goes... at 1/60 scale, those things are gonna be huge! of course they don't have to be bigger to pack in the detail! M+ 1/48 too big to be practical?!?! {sarcasm} My 1/60 vf-1 is very practical. I use it to mow my lawn. {end sarcasm}

I would really be pissed off if they decide to release huge , unpractical , 1/48 M+ toys , not because I don't want spectacular M+ toys but because I belive Yamato is now able to make good quality toys without the need for them to make them in 1/48 scale (look at the Q-Rau and Mosnter ; furthermore , if they weren't sure that they can offer high quaility toys in smaller scales they wouldn't have decided to go with 1/72 for the upcoming M0 toys ;) )

Why would you be "pissed off", so long as they released other versions of the Mac+ valks?

Oh wait, they already have, funny enough.

Some of us folks are insane enough to want a 1/48 YF-21. It would actually be something new. But we wouldn't mind if they rehashed the designs for the smaller scales. Who knows, maybe they'll do a new Mac+ toy in 1/60 or 1/72.

-Al

No doubt in my mind that Yamato can do better than the original line of Macross Plus toys, but I don't see it ever reaching the detail of the 1/48 line. You mention the Q-rau and the Monster, but just because they're in 1/60, you can't forget that the overall size of the two is ridiculously large. The Q-rau alone towers over a 1/60, and the Monster would probably tower over the Q-rau. Those two toys alone kind of make the whole, "1/60 is a better scale for those without space for 1/48!" arguement a little moot. I was playing around with my VF-11 the other day, and I was thinking about mucking it up, since I already broke one of the legs off of it. I started thinking about the normal fancy 1/48 gimmicks like working flaps and intake covers and I realized that with pieces that small, they'd be even more fragile. One possible way to strengthen something so small while increasing detail/moving parts is to add more metal. But then you have the negative side that the toy would be unnecessarily heavy (let's not confuse weight with physical durability) and be susceptible to the same heavy paint chipping we saw on the legs of the 1/60 VF-1's.

I'd say a manageable size for HEAVY detail for M+ valkyries would most likely be something like 1/55 (I think?) or some other scale that puts them roughly on the same physical size as the 1/48 VF-1's. It's also totally realistic that someone at Yamato is crazy enough to create valk's in yet another scale.