So, Where's Voltron?

Magnus

Wasn't this about the time the MPC Voltron was supposed to come out?  There are only a few more days left of November....so what gives?  Will I be able to grab one for Christmas, or wait until the New Year?  Anyone have an idea?

347406[/snapback]

Toynami's saying a December release date.

What the heck could be taking so long? Haven't designed enough gold foil on the "forever-mint" boxes yet? Release the damn thing already...

Unfortunately, Toynami exhausted its supply of hyperbole with the Robotech MPC lineup. Their supplier in China has a 6 week lead time for resuppply, so Toynami was faced with a decision; Use less-than extatic ad copy (and therefore more honest, in the face of their mediocre design and QC) or delay shipment until they restock.

Going straight to the source (toynami.com):

What’s up with the Voltron delays?

Probably the most-asked question at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con was just that: “When’s the Voltron Masterpiece coming out? What’s taking so long?†We hear you, and trust us, we’re just as impatient to get the final product as you are. Here’s the scoop: Midway through our normal quality control process, we elected to make further changes to the tooling so as to improve the overall transformability, which has unfortunately caused a delay in production. An exact release date can’t be given at present, but we expect to see it by the end of the year.

We understand that the delays are frustrating, but we’d rather take a little more time and deliver the best product we possibly can. In the meantime, here are some new images of the proto-type.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Online stores are taking pre-orders with a December ship date. I'm pretty interested in getting one, so hopefully they'll be out in less than a month.

They're working on the gold foil....

Regardless, I want one also. I just have to see what the "masterpiece" treatment will do for good 'ol Voltron...