Final Fantasy XI

Ishimaru

Do I like FFXI or I hate it and prefer Wow?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do I like FFXI or I hate it and prefer Wow?

• Final Fantasy XI
    • World of WarCrap

A. It's Jay Bee Zero.

B. Line breaks are your friend.

C. I've got a lot to say about the parents. All of it totally off-topic for the board, and only some of it what you're expecting to hear.

D. Is there any point AT ALL to bringing any of that up?

E. So yeah, I heard there's guys that sell game items on eBay for real money. Holy crap, that's messed up. </sarcasm>

D. Is there any point AT ALL to bringing any of that up?

350993[/snapback]

Its the topic hello :huh: ? I understand why people play WoW and its the enjoyment of the game, wasnt thier a topic awhile back about ya guys liking the game saying its all good and stuff what made ya change your mind and everything? Ack Im getting no where here, does anyone actualy have something nice to say here...? Oh and Zor Primus isnt WoW having a new expansion to raise the level 60 cap to 70, at least we got a max of 75 and wide arrange of jobs to pick over that way you dont have to make extra characters and having a hard time managing it makes things alot easier with what you can do in FFXI. I have barely explored a quarter of the maps in the game and the scenery is real nice at night when its raining and everything. Yah the leveling system is a pain and deaths are just awful and losing those chunks of exp per death is just painful. I find this game very rewarding when you do hard tasks. Exuse my long posts I have trouble sumarizing them.

Edited by Dean

Im just wandering did ya guys read a articel about chinese parents going to a internet cafe in Honk Kong and they said they would stay for an hour but instead stayed for 4, when they arrived they realized they forgot about thier infant and it sufficated while they were gone they were arrested for child neglection.

350977[/snapback]

It's an internet cafe in South Korea, not Hong Kong.

Source

It was a topic that was covered in this thread

Please do some background checking first before posting something like this. Some people are touchy about this subject.

I played WoW for a little over two months. I hit 60, got Knight, and called it a day. I just don't have the tolerance or desire to compete and grind out those high level raid instances with these over the top hard core gamers. That said, I enjoyed the time in spent with the game. I mean, it has 5 million+ users for a reason.

Final Fantasy XI? Never played it, and considering the poor reviews it has gotten since first released, I doubt I ever will. I'm not a MMO gamer, anyways.

BTW, "World of WarCrap"... very witty. d00d, WarCrap is teh suk! :rolleyes:

Oh and Zor Primus isnt WoW having a new expansion to raise the level 60 cap to 70, at least we got a max of 75 and wide arrange of jobs to pick over that way you dont have to make extra characters and having a hard time managing it makes things alot easier with what you can do in FFXI. I have barely explored a quarter of the maps in the game and the scenery is real nice at night when its raining and everything. Yah the leveling system is a pain and deaths are just awful and losing those chunks of exp per death is just painful. I find this game very rewarding when you do hard tasks. Exuse my long posts I have trouble sumarizing them.

351025[/snapback]

First of all, getting to 60 is great and all but I do not solely play the game to get maxxed out in 2 months (Togo, did you eat at all when you did it? :huh: ). I've had the game since launch and have two chars that are 60. Point for me is to get together with friends and have fun, I am passively collecting set pieces of armor and weapons, and havent even sniffed an epic item but I dont care. The raising of our cap level has nothing to do with being any lesser of a game, it has more to do with the in game content that is going to be released thats probably going to warrent an increase, if there is gonna be an instance with a 20 man raid of 70's I tremble to think whats inside it.

Having a "wide arrange" of jobs...you mean like blacksmith, enchanter, herbalist, alchemist, skinner, leatherworker, engineering, first aid, cooking and fishing? Yeah we might have two choose only 2 core ones but who wants to sit all day long doing all that other crap? There are plenty of zones I have yet to explore fully, and more maps in FFXI I hear is just full of mobs that are carbon copies of other places. Sorry thats not more content, its just clutter and eye candy.

So you build up an xp debt when you die? Meh for that reason alone I'd shy away from the game, better to repair your armor then have to pick up and grind again.

First of all, getting to 60 is great and all but I do not solely play the game to get maxxed out in 2 months (Togo, did you eat at all when you did it? :huh: ).

351064[/snapback]

Actually, it was pretty simple, considering the amount of time I spent actively not leveling and/or playing. All one has to do is get the quest lists by level for the areas they are in, and do them all. Grinding for levels is such a waste, just do quests, the EXP reward from them in the short periods of time it takes to do them is huge. Plus its a hell of alot more fun than wandering around for hours killing mobs.

As a Hunter, I found myself soloing a majority of the game (around 85%, I'd say) , along with two instances. Having your own pet/tank, being able to stand at a distance to attack, and being the best pull class in the game makes for a much easier time of things.

Here is my Hunter when I quit. Self crafted Black Dragonscale Shoulders, Breastplate, and Leggings. I wasn't about to grind out rep to get the Boots Pattern, besides, you need 4 Fiery Cores and 4 Lava Cores to make them. :blink:

post-1088-1134146189.jpg

Edited by Duke Togo

You guys are lucky to have the ability to solo, we have to go with partys and at times it gets annoying just waiting but soloing was real awful since I dont have anyone to talk to. The thing thats pissing me off is the translation system and jap players. They should seperate the servers its so annoying <_< , and the translation system Iv seen better Phantasy Star Online for DC had a better translation system :angry: . Just for jokes ya guys should see this funny video :lol:

Edit:Frogot to attach Link.

Edited by Dean

I never had any problems linking up with a party in FFXI. The key is to not be an annoying jerk. What's more, once you're in a party, don't get sand in your vagina if something goes wrong. No one is perfect. That was the A number 1 reason why a lot of people on the ifrit server got axed from parties. If we didn't do things exactly their way or attack only VT targets (and then do it just right), they threw a bitch-fit. I can't count the number of times I'd be passing through the deserts by the ocean and see these people yelling out begging to join parties (long after I'd moved on). Lots of whiny bitches on the Ifrit server... I remember that.

That was the biggest irony when I first went for Dk. Knight. Everyone told me that I would be pretty much shunned from any party due to the DK's set of skills (they have the serious ability to deal out the hurt, but can't really tank for anything). I actually had people asking ME to join their parties instead of the other way around. I never saw what the big deal was

Well your on the lucky server, Hades is just evil. Prices are inflated, people are greedy, and the red mages are called slackers!! Well Im a Red Mage myself pts are not that hard to get but ugh they ask for so much from you when you can do so little at the same time, I shoulda took my own advice and went Warrior.

Well Im a Red Mage myself

Slacker!

351325[/snapback]

Hey hey :blink: !

Only did a brief stint as a RDM when I first started working on secondary jobs, but it worked out fine for me... you must just be stuck on the a-hole server. (and I'm sure prices are inflated all across the boards)

351409[/snapback]

Yeah my server is a a-hole server, its hard to make and get money. People are so greedy <_< one time some dude sold his Sniper Rings which are real pricey for 10k for the fun of it, and then some dude for split second bought it, thier was a huge fight the buyer just warped him self back and the seller couldnt do nothing :lol: . I hate it how Red mages are on such demand...good thing Im on my laptop right now my computer is broken at the moment well for 3 weeks to be exact. I shoulda been a Dark Knight or something :ph34r: .

I never had any problems linking up with a party in FFXI. The key is to not be an annoying jerk. What's more, once you're in a party, don't get sand in your vagina if something goes wrong. No one is perfect. That was the A number 1 reason why a lot of people on the ifrit server got axed from parties. If we didn't do things exactly their way or attack only VT targets (and then do it just right), they threw a bitch-fit. I can't count the number of times I'd be passing through the deserts by the ocean and see these people yelling out begging to join parties (long after I'd moved on). Lots of whiny bitches on the Ifrit server... I remember that.

351284[/snapback]

I don't play 'Final or WoW, but I still run into most likely those same whiny bitches in Battlefield 2. What is it with these guys, anyway? I once linked up with a server that had the following rules: no jumping (to avoid being shot at), no diving (to present a smaller target), no "stealing" vehicles from the other side's base, no ramming with vehicles, and a host of other things I can't even begin to remember. The worst of it was when people on my team complained about my constantly trying to revive fallen squad-mates. WTF? That's what medics do, don't they? I'd rather be revived and given a second chance at life than just be left to die and respawn again. I can imagine the next rule for the whiners: no killing with automatic weapons!

These online experiences are just games, GAMES! These people act like it's their real life and have a standard of conduct created just for a damned game-pathetic...

-Anyone else in here on Battlefield 2?

Edited by myk

WOW is only $19.99 ( to buy the retail game package) this month.

Stop whining and just buy it.  Spend a week playing it.

When you go back to FFXI you'll be like "WTF WAS I THINKING?"

351648[/snapback]

Comes with a free month membership, might as well spend a month playing it.

351648[/snapback]

Comes with a free month membership, might as well spend a month playing it.

351659[/snapback]

/agree

I dont play Battlefield 2 to often, not really into fps as much. Although I do like playing Republic Commando.

351648[/snapback]

I know Blizzard is doing a rebate promotion for existing players to give out gift copies this month. Is WoW being sold for $19.99 at all retail locations as well?

351648[/snapback]

I know Blizzard is doing a rebate promotion for existing players to give out gift copies this month. Is WoW being sold for $19.99 at all retail locations as well?

351795[/snapback]

The deal is something like $20 rebate for everyone, and then there is another $10 rebate that you can give up to 3 times if you are already a subscriber.

Given that there are more people playing WOW than there are Armenians in the world, I'm sure anyone can find someone willing to give you a rebate.

Hell.. there's like 2.5 million people playing. That's 7.5 million possible rebates... 75 million dollars worth of rebate!

Err in simpler terms. I aint ready for a change yet, I played FFXI for too long almost a year but quiting now is the worst option for me. Yeah in most peoples' terms its awful game or just simply they dont like Square Enix/Final Fantasy or just both. Well guess what the game is real good to me and so it its to other players only thing that drags me down is its media popularity.

I look around stores and I see WoW go for $30-$50 average are ya sure the rebates are thier cause I dont see any.

I know they are just GAMES but I had nothing to do for the past 3 weeks accept do my homework and attend school with boredom. My "family" computer is like the only piece of good entertainment around my house beside the Xbox and my bitchy @$$ 13 year old brother thinking hes in charge NOT! Sorry for going off topic :p .

Anyways back to subject I "might" consider doing both WoW and snce I dont want to hate either of them and defending against one and going against the other is just lame and stupid. But I might might consider it if my friends at school at still screaming at me to play it long enough to change my mind but that will be a while.

Oh and Zor Primus isnt Commandos a short game sorta it took me like 8 hours to beat it it coulda been a good game if it was longer and the variety of weapons coulda been better, do ya play online if thats whats keeping ya entertained?

Sorry, but saying  "I won't try a new game or quit my game because of all the time I invested in it" is lame, stupid, and small minded.

Actually it's pathetic.  Get over your stupid angst and try WOW.

351956[/snapback]

LOL that was harsh and direct...well done!

Seriously though if the game is not fun why waste more hours playing it? When WoW came out I had invested tons of hours playing SWG, I dropped that piece of crap like a bad case of the runs on pepto bismal.

Like I said Dean, not too much into fps so I play RC on and off.

Sorry, but saying  "I won't try a new game or quit my game because of all the time I invested in it" is lame, stupid, and small minded.

Actually it's pathetic.  Get over your stupid angst and try WOW.

351956[/snapback]

LOL that was harsh and direct...well done!

Seriously though if the game is not fun why waste more hours playing it? When WoW came out I had invested tons of hours playing SWG, I dropped that piece of crap like a bad case of the runs on pepto bismal.

Like I said Dean, not too much into fps so I play RC on and off.

351959[/snapback]

Uh huh...look I know ya guys are trying to force me to dump a game I like to play and stop saying its crap to me its a nice game. I dont care what your opinions are and what you say, thier must be something ya all like that eveyone hates. And stop screaming sheesh <_< ...

I invested 40 days into FFXI and ya think Im going to stop now?

I know FFXI cant compete with WoW but the game is fun and so is FFXI, I like them both from my point of view and if you think I should dump FFXI

then so be it!

Who are you trying to convince, Dean? Yourself? or everyone around you?

If you've only invested 40 days into FFXI, that's not very much. Let's see how you feel about things after you've been playing it for a YEAR.

-Jeremy

(who liked FF11, but then again, is easily amused and not hard to please)

*cough* I ment game days its been a year :p since I have been playing FFXI so yah I shoulda wrote that before. As everyone tell me I should play WoW and I will once I get my comp up and going but thats after I play FFXI, I'll use the trial and see how the game goes :) . But I that doesnt mean Im intrested...ok yah whatever =P .

Edit: Just take a look at these good ratings.

Edited by Dean

First of all, getting to 60 is great and all but I do not solely play the game to get maxxed out in 2 months (Togo, did you eat at all when you did it? :huh: ).

351064[/snapback]

Here is my Hunter when I quit. Self crafted Black Dragonscale Shoulders, Breastplate, and Leggings. I wasn't about to grind out rep to get the Boots Pattern, besides, you need 4 Fiery Cores and 4 Lava Cores to make them. :blink:

post-1088-1134146189.jpg

351076[/snapback]

My guild has beaten Majordomo Executus and is currently working on Ragnaros, don't worry, those drop like candy in MC.

I've got two main characters on Ner'Zhul

Millia - 60 Rogue

Gorefiend - 60 Warlock

Both are in the Liquor Store Mafia. :D

All you WoW players should hit me up if you ever make a character on that realm!

Uh huh...look I know ya guys are trying to force me to dump a game I like to play and stop saying its crap to me its a nice game. I dont care what your opinions are and what you say, thier must be something ya all like that eveyone hates. And stop screaming sheesh <_< ...

I invested 40 days into FFXI and ya think Im going to stop now?

I know FFXI cant compete with WoW but the game is fun and so is FFXI, I like them both from my point of view and if you think I should dump FFXI

then so be it!

352210[/snapback]

Not telling you what to do with your game time, personally I can care less. All I have pointed out was how in my personal opinion WoW is a superior game xp. It started with my simple observation on how I felt the FF title to begin with should have just stayed an rpg. Moved on to my gaming xp in WoW with opinions on what players of FFXI had to say. You feel so strongly about FFXI hey great! More mana to ya...rehashing your argument over and over again is like trying to talk to a sponge, no matter how much you absorb it all leaks out eventually. Let the thread die, the votes are in and FFXI lost (again)...

Looking at all of those reviews on EBgames, I'm glad I bailed on FFXI when I did... at least I can remember it fondly, but it sounds like things have seriously gone tits up. I will agree with the statement that FF should've remained OFFLINE.

(that said, a lot of people who give both good and bad reviews there need to learn to support their arguments.)

Edited by Skull Leader

Ahh, fond memories of FFXI.

imo.jpg

That was me right before I quit after just about 1 year of playing since the beginning. I have no regrets from playing it, but it was just a massive time-sink that completely consumed all of my time.

I've switched to EVE Online now, which I find so much more easy-going.

Remained offline? That was the most offensive comment ever...ya dont have to be harsh man breakin my spirit here :( . This thread will die eventully but if you something bad to say about FF keep it to yourself please <_< .

352470[/snapback]

FF11 is the antithesis of everything the FF name is associated with.

IMO, Square(now Squeenix) needs to just retire the name.

Sadly, people will buy anything and everything that carries a big name. Even a complete turd like FF8 makes best seller lists everywhere.

FF11 is the antithesis of everything the FF name is associated with.

IMO, Square(now Squeenix) needs to just retire the name.

352478[/snapback]

Why? XII has an amazing team behind it, I fully expect it to be one of the best in the series.

Edited by Duke Togo