List of all Yamato 1/60's

KiriK

With my recent addition of a Yamato 1/60 VF-1A CF to my collection, i realized that i may almost have a complete 1/60 VF collection! To concur with this thought, i wanted to post all of the variations of the 1/60. Although this may be a stupid inquiry, i couldn't find anything in the search function.

So here goes the list.

Non-Fast Packs

VF-1A Hikaru

VF-1A Max

VF-1A CF TRU

VF-1A CF Non-TRU

VF-1S Roy

VF-1D

Fast Packs

VF-1J Hikaru

VF-1J Max

VF-1J Miria

VF-1S Strike Roy

VT-1 Ostrich

VE-1 Elint Seeker

GPB Armor

VF-1J Hikaru

Am i missing anything here???

Bee

With my recent addition of a Yamato 1/60 VF-1A CF to my collection, i realized that i may almost have a complete 1/60 VF collection! To concur with this thought, i wanted to post all of the variations of the 1/60. Although this may be a stupid inquiry, i couldn't find anything in the search function.

So here goes the list.

Non-Fast Packs

VF-1A Hikaru

VF-1A Max

VF-1A CF TRU

VF-1A CF Non-TRU

VF-1S Roy

VF-1D

Fast Packs

VF-1J Hikaru

VF-1J Max

VF-1J Miria

VF-1S Strike Roy

VT-1 Ostrich

VE-1 Elint Seeker

GPB Armor

VF-1J Hikaru

Am i missing anything here???

Bee

341180[/snapback]

If you are not adding the 1/60 Q-raus, I believe that is it.

I thought it was strange we never got a Hik 1J without any armor or a Hik 1S strike.

341190[/snapback]

yeah why didnt they ever come out? i want one, heck i want a good helping of them.

I still can't believe how bad the 1/60 scale -1S head sculpt is. Although, this sculpt is, in a way, the most accurate one.

edit: Now I feel that Yamato ripped us off by not giving the 1/60 scale CF the anime accurate head sculpt.

post-1617-1130911796_thumb.jpg

post-1617-1130911820_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

I'm tired of the 1/60-bashing that goes on around here, so pardon me while I climb up onto my soapbox now...

They may not be the nicest-looking, most accurate, and most poseable valks around, but dammit, I like each and every one of my 1/60s (32 valks, 3 Q-Raus).

Their faults (mostly minor) are simply part of their own unique character. Of course, mine don't get played with and most of them are simply posed like in my previous picture, but they're still cool in their own right.

We should all embrace the 1/60s and be thankful to Yamato for giving us something new and different (i.e. without swing bars) and expanding the line to include all three two-seaters and an enemy mecha.

That is all.

They may not be the nicest-looking, most accurate, and most poseable valks around, but dammit, I like each and every one of my 1/60s (32 valks, 3 Q-Raus).

I couldn't disagree more. I own somethin' like 8 of 'em and they're one step above crap for the most part. It's impossible to transform one of these thing without having to hunt down a screw cover. The backpacks are shifty. My elintseeker can't stand in Battloid mode unless it looks like it's trying to simulate some Michael Jackson move. The GERWALK mode is just a byproduct of the fact it can trasnform into battloid mode. The legs in GERWALK are mismatched at best. The head sculpt of the 1S is a shame more than a "compromise" of design. The legs are awkward, transformation is clunky, and did I mention the stupid preponderance of screw covers that come off with a strong breeze? No sir, the only thing that makes the 1/60 good is the number of variations. I own them all to support my display cases but would never recommend them. People bash the MPC religiously but I think I would recommend them over the 1/60. (Obviously I would tell people to just hold their money for a 1/48 over either)

I couldn't disagree more. I own somethin' like 8 of 'em and they're one step above crap for the most part. It's impossible to transform one of these thing without having to hunt down a screw cover. The backpacks are shifty. My elintseeker can't stand in Battloid mode unless it looks like it's trying to simulate some Michael Jackson move. The GERWALK mode is just a byproduct of the fact it can trasnform into battloid mode. The legs in GERWALK are mismatched at best. The head sculpt of the 1S is a shame more than a "compromise" of design. The legs are awkward, transformation is clunky, and did I mention the stupid preponderance of screw covers that come off with a strong breeze? No sir, the only thing that makes the 1/60 good is the number of variations. I own them all to support my display cases but would never recommend them. People bash the MPC religiously but I think I would recommend them over the 1/60. (Obviously I would tell people to just hold their money for a 1/48 over either)

341573[/snapback]

The 1/60s are not all that bad. They have their silver linings. I personally like the 1/60s as these can swooped, barrel rolled and what have you, around any room of your house, without fear of breaking them. As for recommending the MPC, well to each his own.

1/60, 1/48, MPC...all have their strong and weak points. Personally, 1/55 is the way to go for me.

1/55 is KING. 1/48 is a handsome prince. 1/60 is a noble squire. MPC is nothing more than a jester.

NB4M

;)

I guess I got caught up in my bashing, the 1/60 fighter mode definitely is fun and sturdy (esp. non-fast pack versions). They suffer from the typical loose missiles in wing scenario at times but otherwise the fighter mode is definitely where they shine.... it's a good thing too because a 1/48 in fighter mode takes up a whole lotta display room :)

1/55 is KING. 1/48 is a handsome prince. 1/60 is a noble squire. MPC is nothing more than a jester.

NB4M

;)

341580[/snapback]

haha... 1/55 man... a classic. So the 1/60 has its downfalls but it was 1st new innovative transforming VF since the 1/55's and has developed into the 1/48's. I'm a guy who appreciates the roots of things, and the 1/48's definitely have some roots in 1/60's....

gotta love it for that.... i remember the 1st time i saw one..... yummy...

I am not bashing the 1/60s. What pisses me off is that Yamato offered us 1/48s. Now most of us are not cash plentiful, right? Yes yes I know I have a ton of 1/48s but for now take me out of the equation. I was going to start doing a huge collecting of the 1/60s. But the 1/48s are much better. So now what? collect both? Talk about ouch for $80+ for the 1/60 and $120+ for the 1/48. For now I sold off my extra 1/60s and kept the open ones for work display.

I'm tired of the 1/60-bashing that goes on around here, so pardon me while I climb up onto my soapbox now...

Their faults (mostly minor) are simply part of their own unique character. Of course, mine don't get played with and most of them are simply posed like in my previous picture, but they're still cool in their own right.

We should all embrace the 1/60s and be thankful to Yamato for giving us something  new and different (i.e. without swing bars) and expanding the line to include all three two-seaters and an enemy mecha.

That is all.

341547[/snapback]

Actually, the only bashing I've seen is that doled out by giant aliens -- specifically in the head area. ;) Anyway, poking fun (light criticism) of the 1/60 scale Valkyries shouldn't offend anyone, unless of course a member starts a thread entitled, "All you people that like the 1/60 scale Yamato toys are pinko-commies that deserve to rot." Criticism doesn't always amount to bashing. :)

While I do criticize pretty hard, I hope people understand it's the toy I'm bashing. I own a ton of 'em so I hope I'm not picking on the owners. I just want people to buy them for the right reason (absolute completism) and not because they think they're in for some stellar product.

Here's a picture of my Elintseeker when I finally managed to balance it standing. Is there anyway to get the backpack from just flopping around and toppling the thing all the time???

post-2677-1130989705_thumb.jpg

I really wasn't trying to start anything here; I just wanted to stick up for the 1/60 line since it almost never seems to get any love. As I stated earlier, I don't play with my 1/60s (for the most part), so I overlook their faults as playable toys. To me, they're display pieces and they look pretty darn good in battroid and fighter modes. Gerwalk isn't quite as good, but it's still not all that bad. It makes me wonder: if the 1/48s had never been created, would more people appreciate the 1/60s? I'm sure they would.

While I do criticize pretty hard, I hope people understand it's the toy I'm bashing.  I own a ton of 'em so I hope I'm not picking on the owners.  I just want people to buy them for the right reason (absolute completism) and not because they think they're in for some stellar product.

Here's a picture of my Elintseeker when I finally managed to balance it standing.  Is there anyway to get the backpack from just flopping around and toppling the thing all the time???

341776[/snapback]

I wonder why u're Elint is so wobbly. Mine stays up just peachy in Battroid and looks frickin awesome. The only 1/60 i have trouble standing up in Battroid is my newly acquired CF. For some stupid reason, the connecting pegs on the legs are a bit loose so they don't hold poses very well. One wiff of a breeze and its down for the count....

until i find it lying on its poor face.... u win some, u lose some.... point for every other toy brand that is sturdier standing up than the 1/60...

Kirith, the real bummer with the Elint is that the backpack just wants to flip downward. It seems like there should be some clicking mechanism or other means for keeping the backpack stable (as the giant radome on top is bound to cause balance issues). Instead the backpack seems to be the only loose part on the whole toy so I have to balance the weight of the radome perfectly over the center of the toy to get it to stay in place. Am I just missing some way of locking that backpack upright?

Kirith, the real bummer with the Elint is that the backpack just wants to flip downward.  It seems like there should be some clicking mechanism or other means for keeping the backpack stable (as the giant radome on top is bound to cause balance issues).  Instead the backpack seems to be the only loose part on the whole toy so I have to balance the weight of the radome perfectly over the center of the toy to get it to stay in place.  Am I just missing some way of locking that backpack upright?

342025[/snapback]

I just took out my Elint and Transformed it to Battroid to see if it was stable. Sure enough, my backpack is pretty tight after fiddling around with it a bit. You have to push the backpack up till it clicks and fits tight against the back of the Valk. It's kinda scary at first, but it should lock.

Here are some pics i took of the Elint standing on its on on my laptop, my bed, and a couple of shots of me holding it horizontal and the backpack locked and not falling.