Lucy the Daughter of the Devil [Adult Swim]

al0324

Hi guys,

first of all, if this is an inappropiate plug, please just get rid of this message. I'm just trying to get more people to watch the show.

My company and Loren Bouchard (creator of Dr. Katz and Home Movies) created this show for Adult Swim. It will premiere on:

Lucy, The Daughter of the Devil

Oct 30th, 11:45 pm

i hope you guys can take the time to watch this 11 minute pilot.

I was mainly responsible for character design, storyboards and matte paintings. We worked hard on this. everyone at the company worked hard on this :)

there's several things to note though:

1) it's rated TV-MA - so it's not for kids

2) it's a spoof of Omen and horror shows, but it can still be offensive to people (religiously speaking)

3) if you hate it, don't go after me.

you can view a clip of it at www.adultswim.com - it should be on the main site.

let me know what you think if you watch the pilot! if you hate it, please say so. if you love it, please say so! any feedback is welcome.

aL

Edited by al0324

It reminded me of a twisted version of Dr. Katz, so I can definitely see the influence. Has an interesting visual style to it. That's really all I could tell from the clip, and I don't have cable so I won't be able to catch the pilot on tv. Well, I'll also be at work while it's playing, but yeah.

actually, today (oct 28th), adult swim posted the pilot online for the friday night fix. you can watch it there between 11 pm - 6 am

http://www.adultswim.com/fridaynightfix/index.jsp

340584[/snapback]

A WINNAR IS YOU!! :lol:

But yeah, I really enjoy it. I was concerned when you said it was drawn like those squily-crap shows, but it looks good the way it's done.

Funny thing is, I heard they think the number of the beast was gotten wrong. It's supposed to be 616

sorry... bumping this only one time as it's about 1 hour b4 show premiere.

those that have seen it so far thinks its thumbs up... those that have hate it so far thinks that it's at least more deserving than some of hte material on [Adult Swim]

thanks to anyone who've seen it already and commented on it.

That was a really funny show! Is this going to be a series, or was it just a one-time thing for Halloween? I hope it gets picked up as a series... and replaces that uber-stupid "12 Oz. Mouse" crap.

That was a really funny show! Is this going to be a series, or was it just a one-time thing for Halloween? I hope it gets picked up as a series... and replaces that uber-stupid "12 Oz. Mouse" crap.

341057[/snapback]

found out i can't say much about it. but it'll have to be greenlit for a series first. if it is, then expect a series coming out maybe in spring? i dont know the details.

glad you like it!

That was pretty good. I caught it last night. Wouldn't mind seeing more of that one.

I caught it... it had a definate Loren Bouchard vibe to it. I can'y quite put my finger on it but everything that Loren Bouchard does has the exact same writing style and humor in it. I like that style but it seldom makes me actually laugh out loud. It's more of the quiet "I found that amusing" sort of humor than the laugh out loud humor.

I think the visual style of the show is a nice change from the rest of the Adult Swim "home made in the basement" quality. Not to knock AS but the shows they make themselves have been spiraling down in quality like a brick falling out of the sky. I mean, Squidbillies? 12 oz shi... I mean... mouse? Their writing is really bottoming out as is their animation.

I hope your show gets picked up, the place needs some quality... and another Loren Bouchard show that does not get backburnered. It really pisses me off how they handled Home Movies, that show kind of got the shaft in benefit of their homebrew swill.

i was wathcign ti buti was kinda distracted, from what i saw it was good, better than 12 oz mouse, squidbillies, or robot chicken, i tihnk squidbillies wud be funny if it was better animated, if the product looks like crap then it reduces the appealhome movies, the animation is simple and even crude int he early episodes but its relatively smooth and clean, squidbillys is just scribbles

interesting concept but I think it falls short.  Probably just because I'm not a fan of that animation style.  But I must say that it was loads better than the crap they are putting on that channel now.

341268[/snapback]

i have to agree. there is a lot of weird (being nice) stuff on [AS] that could be vastly better.

with any broadcast pilot and cartoon... a LOTof things fell outside of our controls (story and stylewise).

I had a goofy funny pitch one time only to get it shot down immediately because it had a female lead... and network execs dont feel "comfortable" with having a female lead unless it runs on the lines of a show like sex and the city or gilmore girls. wtf? "we have yet to see a female lead in a sitcom do well - with few exceptions"

i swear... that's why we get crap movies and shows... but i'm ranting.

Edited by al0324

I had a goofy funny pitch one time only to get it shot down immediately because it had a female lead... and network execs dont feel "comfortable" with having a female lead unless it runs on the lines of a show like sex and the city or gilmore girls. wtf? "we have yet to see a female lead in a sitcom do well - with few exceptions"

i swear... that's why we get crap movies and shows... but i'm ranting.

341366[/snapback]

I've kinda lost all respect for Adult swim lately. They just seem to want to put out kiddy looking garbage with imature plots of pure stupidity. At least there was a plot when they actually played anime. Hell you got to stay up past midnight to see anything good on there.

Their problem is their success... too much too fast.

I bet their bosses are demanding higher revenues, faster turnarounds and the dreaded "more of the same" requests.

I put pop TV in the same mindset as two comedians stranded in the wildreness with no outside contact... sure the first generation is smart, quirky and funny but each continguous generation is less funny and more retarded as they get more and more inbread.

Their problem is their success... too much too fast.

I bet their bosses are demanding higher revenues, faster turnarounds and the dreaded "more of the same" requests.

I put pop TV in the same mindset as two comedians stranded in the wildreness with no outside contact... sure the first generation is smart, quirky and funny but each continguous generation is less funny and more retarded as they get more and more inbread.

341429[/snapback]

"more of the same" is the typical response to any network exec's mentality. If you try to pitch a cg movie and it looks like Final Fantasy? - no one will want to produce it... even though it's the story that caused the film to flop, not the visual style.

then you get the "walmart" execs who come in and tell you what they like or dont like.

• 1 year later...