Custom: Wraith

Daysleeper

(My apologies for the rather crappy lighting in the pictures. Just finished tonight, and its rather, er, well, dark. Nights tend to be. Also my apologies for the inane captions above. Lastly: yes, I do read the pulp visible in the background. :p I put Tolkien's Silmarillion in that stack just to look intelligent.)

Thanks, people. :) Already noticed a mistake, which I can fortunately redo..

Also, it might not be super-visible in these pics, but my personal fave part of doing this custom was how the Dengeki set became quite a lot more transparent through the use of Micro Gloss - an unforeseen but pretty nifty effect. Turns out that modelers often use the stuff on transparent plastic for exactly that purpose.

What a beautiful merger of two LE products :lol:  Nice work.

336757[/snapback]

Heh, yeah, that was definately one of the reasons I wanted to throw these two together. Seemed to fit somehow.

nice looking stuff. those decals?

336771[/snapback]

I used: Anasazi Low-vis set & Low-vis FP set, Anasazi M&M set, and a few Takatoys Low-viz Option stickers. (Really wanted to put on the shark-mouth from that set, too, but I screwed it up. :unsure: )

Very impressive. I really like the overall detail and shading.

336779[/snapback]

Was a pain in the ass to do. I'm just glad I just had to do the FP; the Low-viz itself already has subtle panel-lines and weathering.

hey, where's your custom 1/48 minmay guard max -1J pictures you promised us not too long ago? I certainly dig into both of your designs (that and the one here) :)

336849[/snapback]

Yeeah.. well, I actually pulled it out, but it's pretty embarassing looking at it now. I learned a lot about proper decal-application from the experience, and the overall look is good.. but - especially compared to this one - it's really not very photogenic. Especially after a few transformations, things degraded pretty fast; tearing and silvering all over the place. I'm more likely to just do it all over sometime in the future.