Capcom Classics Collection

gerwalk25

I have a dillema. I'm low on green and I want to get CCC but I don't know which system I should get it for? AFAIK Gamespot gave it an equal score for PS2 and Xbox versions (7.5). I'd also like to know which is closer to it's arcade counterparts, if any.

Get mame32 for the arcade stuff you don't need much cpu power to run them.

333160[/snapback]

have you guys played callus? it was short lived but is better than mame. it was a dedicated Capcom emulator. Ran streetfighter 2 smoother than Mame.

I still have callus 95. I remember running final fight and street fighter at fullspeed on a proper 6 button joystick on a pentium 75. Great emulator.

All of the CPS 1 and 2 classics need to be ported to a portable game system imo. (legally and officially of course) They would make perfect portable game entertainment. I want to play AvP, punisher, cadillacs and dinosaurs, dungeouns and dragons tower of doom, King of dragons, Strider 1 and 2(arcade versions), dungeouns and dragon: SOM, warriors of fate, un squadron, ghouls n ghosts, mercs, commando, final fight etc

The list goes on and on.. To me that was the golden age of 2d action games.

Of course when sega left 2d (that is we stopped seeing shinobi or wonderboy style games) that is when I felt a sense of sadness. The home console 2d games sometimes didn't retain the feel and gameplay balance of thier arcade originals, despite having more features or extras.

Because of thier ease of play (learning curve is not steep) but high skill requirements (the old school gamers like me who could beat these arcade titles in 1 credit with no contines on thier hardest settings while showing off in front of a crowd) these would make great portable game system games to play for short periods of time on a bus or train.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Picked up the PS2 version today. Finally, after 15 years of waiting, I finally got a virtually perfect home version of the original Final Fight!!! :D

But almost every other game that is on this compilation appeared on the 5 disc Capcom Generation set which came out back in 1998 for both the Saturn and PlayStation... in fact, quite a few of the games on the new disc for the PS2 and Xbox have an additional copyright of 1998 so what is on this new disc must be based on the Generation's translation. I might add that I have the Saturn Generation 1, 2, and 4 discs and I have the US release of disc 5 for the PS1 (it was retitled Street Fighter Collection 2). But, still, finally having a pretty much arcade perfect Final Fight and a few of the extra games that were not on the Generation set made this worthwile... and it was only $20, too! :)

It was worth it for Final Fight,Ghouls and Ghosts and Forgotten Worlds alone.

Best $20.00 I have spent in a long time.

The only thing Missing was STRIDER!

And Sidearms would have been cool too.