Building Some Kits With Brother

Ishimaru

Hello me and my brother are building 2 kits and tommorow we are heading to buy some supplys to build these kits:

•1/100 Metal Siren Battleroid(Still Being Sent By Blackaces)

•1/144 VF-11C Battleroid and Fighter

Heres what Im basicly looking for help on. Since Im still a amatuear builder, my brother has some skill at models. So we are doing the 1/144C VF-11C. Heres what I know we need:

•Paint Brushes

•Paint(Of Course)

•Weathering Materials

•Paneling Pens

•Razors and sharp materials

•Sanding Suuplies

•Coating Materials

Anything Im missing here? Please post what we are missing. For coating, weathering, and sanding what do I need cause Im unsure of it. Please post your best advice on what I need to get since the local hobby shop I go to has like everything. Post the recommened suupliers for the companies, what I shouldnt buy for the kits, and etc. We are planning on buying more Macross kits but until we finish the ones we got now nothing yet to buy. Please help and post what I need to buy and do. We are going tommorow at noon to purchase the suuplies so this thread will be temporarily and fast replies are greatly needed.

Thanks,

Dean

Edited by Dean

Not "hobby shop specific" but toothpicks are amazingly versatile and useful for everything from painting to gluing. Running out of toothpicks for me is worse than running out of Xacto blades.

I would recommend sanding FILMS as opposed to sand PAPER. I find films much better in every aspect. The grit is glued onto thin sheets of plastic rather than sheets of paper.

Popsicle sticks and some double sided tape will make a very handy and perfectly customizable paint stick. If the popsicle stick is too short, just glue 2 or more together!

Oh, and clothespins. Great for holding large (and sometimes small, but only specific parts) parts together while glue dries.

Dont forget masking tape, you can use it for binding parts together while they dry if clothes pegs wont do. Also get you self a nice self healing cutting board from a stationary suppliers (when you can afford one), They can be expensive but will last years.