Chogokin Tachikima

EXO

gsctachis5tg.jpg

"According to the display, the toy will consist of diecast armor parts atop a PVC body, and the back "pod unit" will be styrene. It's satisfyingly large -- maybe 6 inches front to back? No release date set."

OK, so we have:

:: DIE CAST armor atop a PVC body

:: Articulated claws

:: Opening Cockpit

:: Approx. SIX inches large

:: No release date set

Hello wallet! NOW DIE!!!!

mmm...  tachogokinoma

330648[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

That's Mr. Tachogokinoma to you...

330650[/snapback]

Domo arigato, Mr Tachogokinoma? <_<

Anyway, I missed out on the Capt. America Tachikoma due to finances, so hopefully I can get on board with this. Is it just me, or is 2006 already looking like an expensive year?

mmm...  tachogokinoma

330648[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

That's Mr. Tachogokinoma to you...

330650[/snapback]

Domo arigato, Mr Tachogokinoma? <_<

Anyway, I missed out on the Capt. America Tachikoma due to finances, so hopefully I can get on board with this. Is it just me, or is 2006 already looking like an expensive year?

330673[/snapback]

it's not that expensive unless you have plans on buying a replica pulse rifle or somrthing crazy like that... ^_^

crap I mispelled the title. <_<

• 1 month later...
The Wave kit looks (not surprisingly) a bit underwhelming in its unpainted state, but the finished prototype on HLJ looks spot-on perfect. I'll be getting two of them, one to kitbash a cockpit into.

345428[/snapback]

I'm not a modeller so forgive me if i sound stupid, but how does one get that kinda glossy shiny car effect? Is there a special trick or can i just get one of those glossy tamiya sprays and get the same effect?

http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVKK-01

I'm not a modeller so forgive me if i sound stupid, but how does one get that kinda glossy shiny car effect? Is there a special trick or can i just get one of those glossy tamiya sprays and get the same effect?

345445[/snapback]

There's no special trick, really. Most good gloss paints, acrylic or enamel, should give you a nice shiny finish like that. The hard part is applying it with a nice smooth finish, so you avoid runs, brushmarks or orange peel.

345445[/snapback]

There's no special trick, really. Most good gloss paints, acrylic or enamel, should give you a nice shiny finish like that. The hard part is applying it with a nice smooth finish, so you avoid runs, brushmarks or orange peel.

345614[/snapback]

I think there's the trick involved. I never did succesfully apply a nice coat of glossy paint before. Heck, i even had trouble with the clear green paint for my patlabor model. :angry:

• 4 weeks later...
the 1/24 Tachikoma kit is out in HLJ.

http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVKK-01

Planning to get myself 2-3. Then i can make some "Tachikoma Days" dioramas. :lol:

352923[/snapback]

post a review when you get it! I've had a couple of Wave kits, some I've liked and some I've hated.