HRG VR-052

wwwmwww

Sorry I can't tell you anything about them. I noticed that one on the left on Yahoo Japan once, but it had no info I could make out from Babelfish. So both kits are the same model?

I've been scratch building the Fuke, Blowperior and VR-052 bikes in 1/15, riders too, but it's one of those projects that I keep getting distracted from. (I thought 1/15 was the scale to go with since Imai makes all 4 in Ride Armor form.) I just know people will say, "but you should have done them in 1/12", since these days bigger is better.

Sorry I can't tell you anything about them. I noticed that one on the left on Yahoo Japan once, but it had no info I could make out from Babelfish.  So both kits are the same model?

I've been scratch building the Fuke, Blowperior and VR-052 bikes in 1/15, riders too, but it's one of those projects that I keep getting distracted from.  (I thought 1/15 was the scale to go with since Imai makes all 4 in Ride Armor form.) I just know people will say, "but you should have done them in 1/12", since these days bigger is better.

325958[/snapback]

Damn right. If you aren't making them 2/1, you aren't trying.

And yes, I DID mean twice life-size.

Edited by JB0

Pics of the Kit built?

325881[/snapback]

01.jpg

02.jpg

This is the VR-41 that I don't have yet.

03.jpg

what is the scale?

325881[/snapback]

1:18

Here is a pic of HRG's VR-38. Which I don't think has actually been released yet.

InbitIigaa2.jpg

This is from the last Winter Wonder Festival catalog. However I was told HRG was a no show because they failed to get the kit licensed.

Enjoy,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

So both kits are the same model?

325958[/snapback]

Yes, both kits are exactly the same.

I've been scratch building the Fuke, Blowperior and VR-052 bikes in 1/15, riders too, but it's one of those projects that I keep getting distracted from.  (I thought 1/15 was the scale to go with since Imai makes all 4 in Ride Armor form.) I just know people will say, "but you should have done them in 1/12", since these days bigger is better.

325958[/snapback]

Will yours be variable? Have you shared any pictures of your work so far?

I'd like to see...

Carl

where can I get one?

326127[/snapback]

Both of mine came from Yahoo Japan. You might also be able to get them at furture Wonder Festival events however I don't think HRG had a booth at the last two. Does any one know if HRG has a web page? You might also be able to contact them directly.

Carl

I spy with my little eye something that rhymes with:

Goynami is boing to nopy these fesigns.

326208[/snapback]

Naw....those kits are too well proportioned to ever be Superunposeable toys. Toynazi would have to mess around with the design first, like making the feet several sizes too big, or adding inappropriate angles, bulges and curves here and there.

How much do those sell for? 

326295[/snapback]

I think they were about 3000yen at the event. Not sure of that at the moment, I should have the exact figure somewhere. The going price on Yahoo Japan seems to be in the 5000yen to 10000yen range or about $50 to $100.

Carl

Will yours be variable?  Have you shared any pictures of your work so far?

I'd like to see...

Carl

326003[/snapback]

Sorry for the slow reply. No I don't think I can do variable, I'm not enough of an engineer. Whatever I do would be static display.

I'll take some pics of what I've done so far, still a lot to do. I used some parts from the 1/15 kit, mainly the tires and parts of the leg armor, otherwise I scratchbuilt the rest. I have yet to make a good engine,istrument console and handle bar/grips and a few smaller parts.

I have a generic rider in armor, just switch heads for Stick, Yellow or Rey. And I think I could adjust the thigh and forearm peices so they'd be the right height to each other.

I've also sculpted a couple characters in their regular outfits, but I don't know if my sculpting skills are up to par. I did Stick, but haven't finished refining his legs and arms and I did a Huke.

I'll post pics when I take them and figure out how to actually post them here. (my pics are too big to load directly it seems) Please bear in mind, nothing is finished, these are just projects I've had kicking around for a few years.