Hasegawa Photo etched parts

big F

Oh boy, I had to do a research about this .

By the way guys someone needs to add this to the hasegawa plastic kits on the model menu section.

Hey big F, the photo etched parts are an add on for detailing of the models on certain sections of the building up; they are also made by Hasegawa. I would strongly recomend you to buy them if you want to maximize the detail of the Vf's.

There are other ways to get around it by kitbashing styrene parts and metal pieces added on but the quality of the potho etched is already superb. You can find them on Ebay and some model shops might still have them available but you have to do some research. The average price is around $10-$12 but they are becoming scarse so expect the prices to go a bit higher.

hope that helps a bit

post-104-1125625932_thumb.gif

Oh boy, I had to do a research about this .

By the way guys someone needs to add this to the hasegawa plastic kits on theĀ  model menu section.

Hey big F, the photo etched parts are an add on for detailing of the models on certain sections of the building up; they are also made by Hasegawa. I would strongly recomend you to buy them if you want to maximize the detail of the Vf's.

There are other ways to get around it by kitbashing styrene parts and metal pieces added on but the quality of the potho etched is already superb. You can find them on Ebay and some model shops might still have them available but you have to do some research. The average price is around $10-$12 but they are becoming scarse so expect the prices to go a bit higher.

hope that helps a bit

325229[/snapback]

Thanks for that I saw them originally when I was In Tokyo but wasnt sure what they were and if I really needed them. Well now I think I do :rolleyes: well my fault for not buying them. Well I will keep an eye out on eBay and failing that Im back in Tokyo in April so I will sort it out then , the shop I get my Hasegawa stuff in has a whole section on macross but they are way more busy selling Gundam and Final Phantasy stuff. May be I will be in for a chance.

Edited by big F

Definitely, Hasegawa's photo-etch parts for the VF-1 are of varying value.

The little control sticks to replace the plastics stumps in the cockpit are so small they're unrecognizable in a finished kit. I prefer to use files and a pin vise to shape the stumps into something closer instead (with results of varying quality ;) ). The grill that fits into the other side of the "backpack" thrusters is a real pain to put together, and I've never included it.

That being said, there are some improved surface details for the FAST packs that I like, and there's a piece that covers up the gap behind the wings which is nice if you plan on keeping the wings in the extended position (like when you've got ordnance on the wing stores).

The backpack piece is actually worthwhile if it's on a kit with fastpacks because it's so apparent in that position.Ā  I've only done one and it wasn't too bad.Ā  It's a nice detail.

325554[/snapback]

So they are only any good for Gerwalk or fighter then ?

If they are just as I thought just peiced of photo etched electroplate how come nobody has thought of doing copies. I mean there must be someone amoung us who works with printed circuitboard manufacture.

I think copying photoetched parts is not as easy as one thinks, for sure not a DIY job :p

Getting some done will also require a fairly huge amount and with not much market demand, not many photoetched parts copies has been made for recast kits!